Sunset Valley [feast] We're burning down the highway skyline
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
They had been blessed with snow the last few days, and Tuulu felt even more at home with it crunching beneath his feet as he moved around. He saw some familiar faces, but more unfamiliar. 

He would smile or slowly nod to anyone close by. He was happy to see so many out celebrating, and he hoped he would get acquainted with many of them before the feast was over. 

For now he just meandered around and enjoyed the cold and the wolves around him.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Tuuluuwaq! The pale hunter called out from beside another group of wolves, sliding away from one conversation that did not interest him, in favor of this particular hunter.

However, once Kigipigak was close enough to actually have a conversation with the Duskfire man, he wasn't sure what to say. It was fortunate this one was not as deeply entrenched by the mourning that had affected so many others, though.

Are you.. Enjoying the feast? Or do you still avoid the meat, given the illness in the caribou? Kigipigak wondered.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
He heard his name called, and Tuulu turned to greet Kigipigak with a friendly grin. Hello, my friend, he added. 

I am so far, yes, he answered when the other hunter asked how he was enjoying the feast. I hope you are too. The other northerner had such a friendly, boisterous energy about him, that Tuulu couldn't help but like him. He also still felt as though he owed Kigipigak for helping him take down his first caribou here. 

Ah, yes, he replied regarding the meat. It is a mental block, I think. I cannot bring myself to eat it. He had a physical reaction any time he entertained the idea.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
I have had no problems with the meat, Kigipigak confirmed, although Tuuluuwaq had not asked.

Soon there will be stories shared among our tribes! It is a thing for the children, but I still like to listen. He was not ashamed of this. Listening to Kukutux tell stories of her northern people, or perhaps Aiolos of the sea, would only draw Moonglow closer. Hearing anything of Duskfire's people or their exploits would be eye-opening as well.

The hunting has been very good. It is unfortunate that the herds have been so dangerously thinned, but, it cannot be helped — we culled many of the sick. This too will become a story one day! Kigipigak was in high spirits despite the sorrowful air that hung about the glacier.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
I am thankful for that, he offered when the other hunter assured him he had no ill effects from eating the meat of the sick animals. He knew many others ate it, as well, and did not fall ill. Still, he could not suppress the turning of his stomach and rising of bile in his throat when he considered eating the meat. 

Kigipigak spoke of stories and how he enjoyed them. Tuulu did too. Yes, I think what we have all done here will make a good story. He smiled a little. I'm sure there will be new pups this spring; once they are old enough, we can tell them of the work we have done here and how it brought together many packs to work as one. It was an inspiring thing to be apart of. Of course, it wasn't that long ago when he had all but scoffed at the idea of having children. But now—now he pictured having pups with Lane, and it filled him with warmth; it was surprising but certainly not unwanted.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The story of two united villages. It would be a good story.

Tuuluuwaq spoke of the spring, already. Kigipigak was surprised by this; the man was so new to the region and already he had his eye on someone? He sounded more ready for the future than the winterhawk.

Yes, they will benefit from such a tale. He murmured back, briefly distracted by his thoughts. Perhaps it was all the talk by Kukutux with her match-making, and the conversation he once held with Sialuk who had questioned Kigipigak, but everything pointed towards springtime and children, and Kigipigak still did not think himself ready.

Is that why you do not eat? Your eye wanders elsewhere? Kigipigak tried to smirk around his words. He sounded like Kukutux in that moment, which warmed him, but he was still nervous for the answer. Who could have caught this man's eye so fast?
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu chuckled at the probing yet teasing words. Perhaps, he answered, purposely vague. He was not one to openly share his business. Besides, Lane hadn't yet agreed to let him court her, and he didn't want her to think he was spreading rumors or lying about the nature of their relationship.

There many strong and fierce women here, the Tatkret added. It is easy for them to catch our eyes, yeah? He chuckled again. Only one woman starred in his thoughts, though.

I am sure your village has plenty for you to chose from, especially for someone as capable as you.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak brushed off the awkwardness he felt in asking, with a laugh. It boomed and turned some heads, but those that knew him were quick to forgive and return to their meal. He liked that this man was so cautious in his speech, but it also led him to wonder more about the women of the glacier.

Yes, Moonglow has fine women. Strong hunters and mothers, mostly. There are some that draw my eye, he is not shy about this fact and remains somehow jolly, even though he does not name them either. But I am a hunter! My eye is best for finding the caribou, or the fox, or the hare. That is enough for me, I think.

Besides, it wasn't up to Kigipigak.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Hmm, Tuulu said first. The life of a hunter was filled with satisfaction and glory, of course. But the Tatkret wondered: Would that not be lonely? To hunt for prey and never for love or family? 

You would be a catch for any woman, he told his friend. But it is up to you. Only Kigipigak could tell when he was ready for more in his life, and the northerner would not press him to figure it out now. He only wanted to provide another point of view.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Hah! His laughter boomed again but it was not such a storm to turn heads this time, with a sombre edge to it. I would be. Yes.

Did he mean to speak for the loneliness, or Tuuluuwaq's other statement? He was a fine man; a warrior, a hunter, proven to all that came across him. Yet he was alone. His heart had been given away once before, and still it had not returned home.

He would let the conversation die there.

You should come to the village some day, Tuuluuwaq! We can fight like men and make all the ladies swoon! They had hunted together well enough, so why not spar too?
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
His laugh was contagious; it never failed to spark the Tatkret's own deep laughter. Tuulu wondered which statement he was answering, but decided a distinction didn't matter. 

Kigipigak invited him to his village for a spar. A grin spread across Tuulu's pale face. I would love to, he assured his new friend. They will not know what hit them. His expression was teasingly smug. He would spar the hunter any time, but as far as impressing other women: there was only one whose opinion he cared about, and she was here at the glacier.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak's belly rumbled. He did not leave until he heard the agreement between them, and was grinning. He moved off from him to grab something more to eat, and when he turned back, the wolves had moved about in such a way that Tuuluuwaq had been swept to some other corner — but that was alright. Kigipigak would eat and make merry with whoever he came upon next.