Lion Head Mesa Snug eiderdown bedclothes
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
hoping for @Satsu
set for early evening, 44 F, assuming it's warmer in the mesa than the rest of teekon

The coyote lingered outside the queen's quarters, a pair of voles held between his jaws. He knew she had her personal servant to bring her meals, but he also knew her servant was new, and he wanted to make sure there was no conflict between them.

Sayf had seen the new fellahin, how lost she seemed. He wanted to make sure Satsu remained as happy as she could while Belen learned how things were in Akashingo. 

The fellahin chuffed softly towards the opening of the queen's room, hoping he wasn't interrupting anything.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
@Tamar was gone.
@Arsenio also.

satsu did not think she would miss the feeling of eyes upon her, but she did. she missed the constant presence of her maiden more than the mazoi; most of all she was distraught, in her own internalized way, for how easily pharaoh had seen through her, and for how used she felt.

used by tamar, used by arsenio. used by ramesses, too. everyone finding ways to benefit off of the queen or lay blame upon her, as if she held no power at all. that was the crux of the issue: satsu, for all her worth within akashingo, felt powerless.

all she had left was @Belen, who was being trained by the fellahin in places that satsu chose not to tread.

satsu thought of all these things as she lay sprawled within her old quarters. she held little love for ramesses after all; it was a petulant mood that she fell in to after the ordeal with the girl belen, one that caused a rift between the newly-weds.

so when sayf came to gift her something, satsu was there upon her bed. it was piled high with furs that had been collected from the abandoned alcoves once used by the ex-mazoi and his woman.

satsu did not look up when the fellahin entered. she could have been asleep for all he knew.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Sayf entered after a few moments, knowing he would find the queen somewhere inside. She didn't acknowledge his presence, and he wondered if she might be asleep. The fellahin moved closer so he could see Satsu's face better. 

He placed the meal down near her bed where she could see. My queen, he greeted, bowing his head. I have brought you a meal in case you have not eaten yet. He watched her face closely for a reaction. Or if there is something else you need, I would be happy to provide it for you. He took a seat where he stood and waited to see how he could help the queen Satsu.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
the man entered.

she smelled the food before he placed it down and felt the rumble of her gut, but did not move.

what could he offer her that would satisfy? she blinked, seeing beyond sayf as the fellahin looked upon her. what must he see? she had been so proud of herself to be labelled a queen, before.

drawing a long breath, satsu rose partway to her elbows. tell me of our newest fellahin, she asked, rather than commanded. she wasn't so keen on learning about belen, but the girl was not the only acquisition of late.

a healer had come also; she thought fondly of slate, of crowfeather, and then let her mind drift.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
He could bring her food, but he could not force her to eat. He held no such power within Akashingo. He would have to be satisfied knowing he had presented her with a meal.

When she finally sat up, she asked about Belen. Sayf smiled. She needs work, but she will serve you well once she has been trained. The coyote had no doubt the girl could be taught the ways of the fellahin. In the meantime, feel free to ask me for anything you might need, Sayf offered. He knew she wasn't accustomed to being without a servant, and he could easily take on the added responsibility.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
the girl belen.

how anyone thought she could measure up to tamar;

sweet, loyal, obedient, precious tamar - !

it was a wonder.

i- satsu began an answer but rethought it swiftly. she ushered the servant away with a flick of her wrist, and shook her head softly. no, i need nothing at present. i will call on you if i do.

go, go! her body said. sayf had other work to be focused on.

belen. what a waste.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
He was dismissed with a flick of her delicate wrist and an assurance that she would let him know if she needed anything. 

Sayf backed up and bowed his head. My Queen, he offered. 

The fellahin turned and trotted out, leaving her to her thoughts once more.