Bearclaw Valley Behead the elk
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
All Welcome 
They were moving. Back to the valley she was told. Not that she had any clue where that was exactly. Slate had packed up her belongings (which at this point was few remaining items) and begun following the scent of the others back to this. Valley. She didn't like following along with them like equals, she didn't feel equal to them. She was terrified of the bunch and what they might do to her in her sleep. Yet she followed them the the valley, always a few steps behind.

She didn't know what to make of the entire war, it had ended with few causalities and this Nyra person getting away. That was all she knew at this point, and now the pack was moving back home to its origins. Slate had placed her small bundle of herbs and dried out flowers and wrinkly berries, inside large leaves which all were folded up neatly into a package. She placed it nearby her and began searching for water. She was unfamiliar with the territory of the bears, buts she knew water had to be here.

While searching for water she came across something else. A dead animal. She knew it was a sort of elk, a very dead and half-eaten elk. She felt her stomach grumble for food, but rather than dig in, she looked at its antlers. She rarely had chances like these, but she knew they could be very resourceful for all matter of things. She grabbed on to one of the antlers, and gave it a pull. It didn't even give a little.

She snorted and let go. She sniffed and licked at the ends of the antlers and discovered they were attached to its skull. Something she had never really given much thought, or had the chance to explore previously, so this was a bit of a surprise to her. She found it rather interesting and rather than wasting time (she had no idea when the owner of this elk would return), she began gnawing and biting into the neck and throat. She had to take the entire head.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he blew steam from his nostrils. aventus' dragon-father, come stalking to see what slate was doing. her teeth were clutching and clinking along the antlers of an elk. merrick watched only for a short while before he joined her.
the ivory was cool upon his tongue. he allowed her to work, only tasting the bones for a moment before he pulled away and circled to one side.
"decorations for your den?" he asked softly. his single eye was cool. slate was a talented healer and had been in ursus since the war. but he still did not know if she had come to the bear. and merrick must know this.
astara was beside him, once more seen only by the witchwolf.
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
She didn't hear him come to her, and soon enough the dangerous man was beside her, helping her.

That was new.

She paused for a short moment, following his movement with her eyes and when he stopped on one side he looked at her. She felt nervous, probably rightfully so. She didn't know what the man was thinking, what he wanted from her. If she had known what he was thinking of her the first time they had met, she likely wouldn't have followed him. With one last great pull she was able to pull the head off the elk. It was a great mess alright.

"decorations for your den?" His voice was soft and it caught her by surprise. What was this? She looked at him and then shook her head. "I want the antlers. They could prove useful in my work." She didn't want to bore him with information of healing once again, she had done that before.

She looked at the beheaded elk and found it hard to look at Merrick. Slate was not a sociable creature, but this strange man with the talk of bears was a greater mystery to her than anyone else she had met. Patients would take her medicine as she asked them to, they would listed to her and it gave her something to do. Merrick was not a patient, he was her leader. What did one say to a leader?

The awkward she-wolf stood with her gaze into the ground, looking at the head she had taken off and wondered if she could dig herself a big hole to hide in. Akashingo had felt like home, familiar and nice. Ursus felt like a trip-wire in front of her legs. She could misstep at any time.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick nodded. he would help her take them then, and would not question why she needed them. it was easier to keep from investigating her; a tender mercy afforded to slate only for the simple fact that she had helped him during the ill-fated war with the saints.
from beside him, unseen by the healer, his blackbird waited. her purple eyes were upon the woman. merrick turned to look at her, though to slate it would seem that he was only staring into thin air.
"we have moved a lot since you joined us. how are you settling into the valley? i plan to be here for a while." merrick was not a reassuring person, but wished to indicate that ursus would be stationary, at least for the time being.
"arielle is always looking to learn more. your bruin-heart," he clarified, watchful of the aged wolf once more.