Northstar Vale Tranquility
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
As soon as Kailoh had awoken, Alys had them moving, and she took them down into a valley, nestled in by the surrounding mountains. With a stream cutting through the valley, it was a veritable paradise. Aly's sunny eyes gleamed bright as she turned to her travelling companion, tail wagging behind her.

"What if we stayed here for a bit? Through the winter? It looks like a well-protected valley... And it's certainly beautiful." she told him, grinning. It was a lucky find, to be sure.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh loved the run, feeling the wind against his face again. He felt exhilarated to finally be on the move once more

"Alys, this is absolutely perfect."

I really want to stay with her. 

Kailoh felt comfortable with Alys, almost like he'd known her for years. To say he was quickly beginning to grow fond of her could be an understatement.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Her grin widened, white teeth flashing in the winter sun's light. She was glad she'd been able to help him, and even gladder that she'd been able to find this place. They would have water, food, and shelter - now all that was left was really waiting for the winter to pass them. Alys didn't have any real plans - Kailoh was the first wolf she'd even met here - so she was more than happy to just exist in this slice of paradise that was the vale. Even better was the fact that she and Kailoh were fast becoming friends; their temperaments complimented the other, and Alys felt...

What even was this feeling? A flutter in her chest, making her spirits soar, as she gazed at the man she'd saved. Her eyes softened, and she told him, "I'm just happy I was able to help you." She gazed around them, then said, "Come on, let's walk and talk - find out what's in the valley. We'll need to find a good place for our dens."
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh looked around at the scene before him, the valley was the most beautiful thing he'd seen in a long time. Other than her. The thought came unbidden to him. He worried the second he started truly talking that she would run, as far and fast as she could away from him.

Kailoh used to think once he had escaped that he wouldn't be able to stop running, but now, with her... He knew already that as long as she'd have him as her companion, he would always follow her. I at least owe her that much, she did save my life after all. 

Of course, he couldn't actually fool himself into believing that was the reason he'd stay with her. The truth is he wanted to stay with her, and not for her, for himself. 

In the short amount of time they'd spent together, Kailoh had felt greater peace than he had ever known. She lit up the darkness with her warmth and kindness. Kailoh was ecstatic that they'd be together throughout the winter. 

The tall russet wolf shrugged his shoulders, trying to hide his anxiety at the prospect of telling her about himself.

"I want to hear more about you, Alys." He hoped he sounded as nonchalant as he tried to be.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys shrugged, leading the way with tail held high and waving. "There's not much to tell, I'm afraid," she told him with a small chuckle. Alys had led a pretty boring life thus far, at least, while she had been alone. "It was just me growing up, no siblings, not even cousins." Her mother had no family alive to speak of, and as it was, Alys had not seen her mother in over a year.

"I left my mom over a year ago; never had a dad or anyone else in that picture." She shrugged again, turning her yellow eyes on Kailoh. "I've been wandering ever since."
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Mature 
Kailoh cocked his head to the side as he listened to Alys, he couldn't help but hang on her every word. Her honestly made him feel comfortable enough to share some of his own history.

"I too have been wandering-well, had been anyway.  I was captured. I do not know how long ago, it seems like years, but that could have just been my mind playing tricks."

The memories quickly began to overwhelm him. Lazing on a warm rock sunbathing next to a river, he had begun to fall asleep when he heard voices. Strange sounds he never heard before. The scents began to overpower all else. He tried to run, but he was already surrounded. 

Stop talking, stop talking. You've already said too much! Kailoh turned away from her then, sniffing the ground as an excuse not to meet her eyes.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys nodded, her gaze turning solemn as Kailoh spoke of his capture and imprisonment. When he looked away, she nudged his shoulder with her nose. "You're free now - that's all that matters." She knew she could not return the time he had lost, nor could she heal what wounds - mental, or physical - he might have from that. What she  could do, however, was support him through whatever came next.

"What do you like doing? And, what's something you want to do, now that you're free?" She figured changing the topic was the best distraction from his past.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh perked up, excited to show her firsthand one of his favorite things. 

"Follow me!" He yelled over his shoulder as he beelined for the stream. He pounced on the ice that had creeped along the edges until they broke off, revealing the water underneath. It was then that Kailoh put his muzzle under the water. He blew air out from his nose causing bubbles to form in the water. As he did so, small fish began to swim frenziedly away from him. He quickly caught one, two, three, then four. He threw each one out of the water and towards Alys. It was only then that Kailoh climbed out of the stream, rolling onto his back and grinning widely at Alys.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys laughed as Kailoh ran off, and she followed after him excitedly, tail waving behind her as they raced for water. She watched as he broke the ice, then stuck his muzzle under the water. She winced - the water was likely to be very cold - then jumped back as he began tossing small fish her way. They flopped along the bank, and Alys did her best to trap them under her paws.

She tossed one of the fish up, then caught it, gulping it down swiftly. "Catch!" she barked, tossing one of the other fish back his way.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh lunged for the fish just in time before it flew back into the water. "This is how I used to wake up, food and water all in one!" He managed to get out a chuckle as he was climbing out of the water.

He felt so carefree in that moment. He was beginning to believe that he could leave his past torment behind him and start anew. He smiled at the female wolf who had saved his life, maybe even in more ways than one. 

I would not have survived, but if I had escaped on my own what life would there be for me? Maybe I want to start over, with her if she allows.

Kailoh confidently strode towards Alys with his tail held high. "I really like you Alys." He intended rest his chin on her head.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys felt different around Kailoh, and it wasn't for lack of trying; she'd left her natal pack long ago, and had courted many dispersals, males and females alike. None of them compared to the russet male before her; he was kind, and funny, and clearly he had what it took to persevere in life - how else had he managed life inside that cage? Alys felt like she had known Kailoh her entire life, and who cared if they'd just met?

As Kailoh approached her, Alys became quite still, and her breath caught momentarily. She felt herself flush, then she met his gaze, which only made that certain something more intense. When he admitted his own feelings, her tail wagged, half nervous, half excited, breaking her stillness. She allowed him to rest his chin, and she took the few moments to take a deep breath.

"I like you, too." she said softly. Then, with much embarrassment, "It's... it is the breeding season... Maybe..." She swallowed, hard. "Maybe we can just... stay here. We can um... try for pups, when I... when I come into heat? If we still... like each other until then," she tried to break her own nervousness with a joke and a rather weak laugh; her heart was throbbing in her chest, but she tried to remain sure of herself. She awaited his response with bated breath - surely he wouldn't say no?
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh smiled broadly and nibbled Alys' ear. Mate. The word came to him, one he'd heard long ago. He knew her heat would come soon enough, and he wanted to be the only male to respond to it. 

"Alys, I'd love nothing more than to stay with you, but I feel it only fair that I warn you of one thing. If we mate, you'll never get rid of me. 

Kailoh's head swam with visions of him rolling in the grass with russet colored pups, Alys watching them. He wanted it desperately. A second word came to him then, Family.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys didn't want to get rid of Kailoh. Already they were fast friends, and they were clearly on the way to something even more. She grinned broadly at the male beside her, nudging his chin as he nibbled at her ear. "So... we're potential raising a family here..." She gazed around them, then asked, "A family pack?" They could attempt to claim the area if they so desired, and she had no desire to leave it. It was perfect here. At least, perfect for them.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh smiled at Alys. "I'd love to raise a family with you." He smiled once more about the image of him playing with his pups. He wanted to feel carefree, and would be more than content to settle into the role as father. Of course they'd need to claim territory and find safe shelters for them and their offspring. They're of course allowed to leave at anytime they see fit.

"Typically, pack does not go well for me. I do want a family, where I could be a father with many generations of offspring. I suppose that does become conducive to making a pack, but family only, if you don't mind."

Maybe she will settle into family life with me? 

Kailoh looked around the land that he hoped to make his home with Alys. He nuzzled her contentedly, happy that he could finally invade in her space in this way.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys debated Kailoh's words, and it wasn't that she disagreed, but if it was just them, the work load would be very high. "I'd love to make the valley our home, but... what if we encounter outsiders? Are we to just... drive them away?" She was not aggressive in nature. Then, she asked, "What if we make friends - allies?" To turn away aid seemed silly to her. She looked to Kailoh, brow furrowing.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Mature 
Kailoh took a moment to consider Alys' concerns. He knew she was probably right, allies wouldn't hurt. "Family isn't always by blood, love." He had a sister of sorts during his captivity, but that was different. "Family is to never be left behind. If we meet someone that fits in our family they are welcome to live side by side with us. If family comes to us, they will sort themselves naturally." 

Kailoh had thought way too much about his life if he were to ever escape his captivity. He had dreamed of paradises far and wide. He planned practically of course, but pack is what caused his captivity in the first place. He had been betrayed by a pack who had taken him in as an orphan. He had known little other than neglect at the hands of that pack. 

He remembered the furless ones saying he had been sold to them. He was property. He shook himself free of his memories, realizing he had been staring distantly, he'd nearly forgotten Alys at his side. He leaned into her then, calming and grounding himself.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
Alys nodded at Kailoh's words, and she smiled faintly; they could do this. She began thinking about how they would run the pack - she didn't want something strict or formal. After all, this would be her family - her real family. Her past was behind her, and now, the only way to look was forward. When Kailoh leaned into her, she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"How shall we govern the pack? I want something... simple." She'd never led a pack before, but she supposed if it was going to be mostly her pups, it couldn't be that hard.
26 Posts
Ooc — Kailoh
Away
Kailoh chuckled at his mate, his cheek tingling. "My birth pack was matriarchal, I believe it would suit you nicely" He hoped he wouldn't question her further on that, but at least get across that he had no desire to lead himself. Sudden excitement welled up inside him. She would be a perfect leader. For reasons he knew not, he knew this would be right for them.
58 Posts
Ooc — The System
exit for both if you want <3

"Matriarchal? So like..." Alys trailed off, frowning slightly. "So... just... me?" She finished a bit lamely. She met Kailoh's eyes, then said, "I... I could do it." After all, if the pack was going to be mostly family, there would be much more cohesion between them all. It wouldn't be hard. She sucked in a breath, steeling herself. "Let's do it." She smiled at him - at her mate, then said, "C'mon, let's go see the rest of our territory, and  get our borders started." She would lead the way, marking the start of her path as a leader.