Noctisardor Bypass logos
Hushed Willows
Singer
96 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
All Welcome 
for @Belladonna sorry about the wait!

Abel never cared for birds much these days. He did have a fleeting interest in them way back (a couple months at most). But when he learned it was impossible to snatch them up before they took flight he’d lost interest. Now the only time he’d give them attention is when they began their morning squawking. Even then he’d only give them a brief glance if anything at all.
But his eyes stayed fixed upwards with jaw slightly agape. The little songbirds did not occupy the branches that morning. There were blackbirds, larger than he’d ever seen.
13 Posts
Ooc — The System
@Abel Redleaf same lol. muse is bad for us right now

Belladonna stared down at the wolf, then ruffled her feathers haughtily. His maw hung open as he stared, and the purple-eyed raven gave out a loud caw that sent the other birds skyward. She snickered, then fluttered down from the tree. She eyed the wolf. "Never seen a raven before?" it crowed.
Hushed Willows
Singer
96 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
His eyes grew wide when the bird landed, even more so when it spoke. Abel could hardly believe what he was hearing at that moment.
No… He shook his head absently. Did you just speak??
13 Posts
Ooc — The System
Belladonna gave a sharp caw of laughter. "Why yes. You speak. Why is it so odd for me to do it?" She moved closer to the wolf, beady violet gaze trained on his profile. "Got a name?"
Hushed Willows
Singer
96 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Cause — Because — He shook his head. Cause birds dont speak—! AAAAAH!!
He stumbled backwards as she moved in. If I tell you my name, you promise not to eat me or something?
13 Posts
Ooc — The System
The raven screeched with laughter as the boy stumbled, and at his question, she laughed even harder. "I'm a carrion-eater, boy, so unless you die on me, you're in no danger of being eaten." As if a raven could even kill a wolf. She clicked her beak at him, her violet eyes dancing with mischief. "I'll even give you my name first. Belladonna."
Hushed Willows
Singer
96 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
He doesn’t exactly trust her, nor does he know what a ‘carrion-eater’ is. Maybe it was a fancy way of saying wandering child with no mother to help them. Still, if she wished to eat him she would’ve done so already (so he hoped). So he swallowed and hesitantly answered, I’m Abel. What’s a — what’s a carrion eater?
13 Posts
Ooc — The System
The raven wondered whether the wolf was playing dumb - then decided it didn't really matter. Belladonna clicked her beak sharply, then crowed, "A carrion-eater eats dead things. I'm a scavenger - I follow the wolves when they hunt, and at the end, I get what's left." Or, that was how it had worked before. Now, she followed Qiao, who kept her well-fed on riches she'd never even imagined.
Hushed Willows
Singer
96 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Oh.. The last syllable dragged, and he nodded as if everything had become crystal clear. It hadn’t. In fact it confused him even more. Frightened him even. Funny how a talking bird eating — no different from any other living thing — was so off putting. But her way of going about it was a bit different was it?
Abel’s nod slowly turned to a slow, dazed head shake. Wait, wait. Isn’t that like.. stealing? Can’t you hunt your own food?
13 Posts
Ooc — The System
The boy must be daft - could she hunt for herself! Belladonna shook her head, hopped closer to the boy, then lifted one of her feet, snapping, "Does it look like I can hunt, boy? I've got no talons, and no teeth." She gave a sharp, snarky laugh. "Stealing. Don't be ridiculous." Then, she moved away from him, mumbling and snickering under her breath.