The Heartwood A Minor Setback
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery awoke from his slumber with a jolt. Lorelai’s scent had become faint, concerned, he began to follow it, it steadily grew stronger as he drew near to her. The sight in front of him had him horrified. The female he’d taken in to protect stood before him, bloodied and distraught.  Avery’s eyes were drawn to the tear on her ear. She also smelled of another wolf, a male, he faintly recognized it, but it smelled all wrong to him. Violante would never take advantage of someone in Lorilai’s state. Then.. Why did it smell faintly like her?

The clues were piling up one after another. The ear notch, the scent. Avery knew her family was well known to tear the ear off at exactly the same place, and he knew her brother would do anything to ruin her life.

Avery held himself together, trying his best to remain calm and not give in to his rage. Lorelai needed help, and he had already been in way over his head. Lorelai stood before him, waiting for him to make the next move. Approaching slowly, he crawled towards her, low to the ground.

This is the last thing this poor woman needed. What on earth do I do? Violante. The thought rang with finality. He knew exactly what to do now, he'd call Violante to his side.

He knew he had to say SOMETHING to Lorelai, and stop standing there with his mouth open.

“Lorelai, what has happened?” He asked the question as gently as he could.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai stood there before Avery, while they awaited Violante's arrival, shaking and on the edge of a nervous breakdown. When questioned, she didn't quite know what to say; what she was remembering did not align with what she had seen and heard - could it have been one of her nightmares?

"I... I saw Luka. Or... at least I think I did." The young woman grimaced, folding her ears back; the torn one stung. "He told me to follow him, so I did. And... and we..." She could not remember what came next, so she whimpered, then finished, "He said... welcome to the family... and then I was just... alone."
Physical Health (100/100)

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai is current dealing with the loss of her family.

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
"Regular speech." | "Voice of the dead." | Visions of the dead.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
As soon as she heard the howl, Violante was running, and she didn't stop until she scented Avery. Two more scents, each one concerning, met her nose: an unknown female in heat, and her half-brother, Vorilye. "What's going on?" she hissed, rushing into the scene, seeing red. She stopped suddenly, stiffening, hackles bristling, until her eyes registered what she was seeing: Avery, and a small female, who reeked of Vorilye, bleeding with a mangled ear.

"Welcome to the family". These words had Violante snarling once more. "No. No!" The melanistic female spat angrily. She looked from Lorelai's pathetic form to Avery. "... I know what he has done. It... is a practice common to my bloodline." She turned her black eyes on Lorelai. For a split second, Violante looked guilty. "We won't know for certain until certain... symptoms appear. But, I think he's used her as a - a breeder." Violante bowed her head, then felt anger rise in her chest once again. She faced Avery, meeting his gaze.

"She stays with us if that is the case."

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Smelling her heat, Avery couldn't help but move to lean into his female, he could feel the fury radiating from her, echoing his own. This is one way to start a pack, Avery chuckled bitterly to himself.

Meeting Violante's eyes, he stated simply, "She stays with us regardless."
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai didn't understand, not at first, but as Violante spoke of breeding, it clicked. She began to tremble, and then she began to shake. Her breath came in shallow gasps as she began to panic. She looked imploringly at Avery and Violante. "Who was he? Wh-what do we do now?" she asked, blinking back tears.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante said nothing, but nodded once to Avery. They were in this together - all three of them. 'And if she's pregnant? How many mouths will that be?' She couldn't bear to think about it. To think it was Vorilye's children... It made her feel faintly sick. She shook out her pelt, then looked back to Lorelai as she began to panic.

"It was my half-brother, Vorilye." Violante sighed heavily. "But... you're with us now." She looked to Avery. "How did you even find her? Who is she?"

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Her name is Lorelai", Avery said quickly to Violante. "I found her alone, she needed help. I could not leave her."

Quietly to Violante, Avery said "She has these episodes, I can't really explain it, I was going to bring her to you in time anyhow."

Avery found himself drawn to Violante's nape, he considered nibbling her there but resisted for the moment.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai swallowed roughly, then nodded as the female said she was with them. She could feel exhaustion setting in now that she was out of danger, and she asked, "When are we going back to the den?" She could not even begin to really process what had happened to her, and all she really wanted to do was go back to the den.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante looked to Avery as he mentioned episodes, and she frowned, brow furrowing. "We can deal with that later." She looked back to Lorelai, then finally introduced herself, saying, "I'm Violante Cruor. We'll get you to the den." She glanced to Avery again, saying, "Take us to the den. We'll get her settled and... we'll talk."

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery brought the two females to a small opening in between the rock wall and a tree, before crawling into a space he had spent a long time digging out, he had been fortunate enough to dig right into a shallow cave that he had scouted and deemed safe, with plenty of space for all three of them to rest comfortably. 

Once Lorelai had fallen asleep he turned to Violante and spoke softly to her. "She sees and talks to something that doesn't seem to exist. She seeks her brother who calls these episodes nightmares. I found her alone and she needed help. I couldn't leave her." 

Avery looked towards Violante with an apologetic look on his face. "She must have wandered off as I slept and Vorilye must have found her and-" He trailed off gesturing towards their charge. How cruel must he be to harm a female just to harm his sister. " I will not seek war, but I will seek retribution when the time is right." 
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
permission to pp lorelai has been given. this thread segues into our conception thread

Violante heaved a sigh as she looked at Lorelai's sleeping form; the young woman twitched and whimpered in her sleep; Violante hesitated before she edged closer, then draped her neck across Lorelai's shoulders - it seemed to help, for the whimpers died down. She turned her dark eyes to Avery.

"So she is ill, but with what, I've no clue." Her words came out in a whisper, not wanting to wake the sleeping wolf beside her. "We'll keep her safe." She had never cared for another before - she knew little about herbs, but somehow she didn't believe there was a plant that could stop whatever it was Lorelai saw and heard.

Violante looked to Avery once more as he spoke of Vorilye; she felt her blood bubble with hatred, and she had to take a deep breath to calm herself. She looked to Lorelai's sleeping form. This took Vorilye to a new low, dominating the ill - it made her want to vomit. She pulled away from Lorelai, then beckoned to Avery. She needed some air.

"Come with me." She would lead him out as something new took over her - her blood was alight, but this time, it was with something new.

Mental Health (100/100)