Bearclaw Valley miserere mei, deus
তততততততততত
133 Posts
Ooc — Bees
All Welcome 
backdated to late december, to establish some relations before the raid. for @Arielle but anyone's welcome

She sought the healer, not for her own lack of health, but for need of advice in matters wholly feminine.

The den she found thanks to wind and good logic, guided by the scent of medicine. The bear-dog stood before its entrance, not wishing to intrude if her visit wasn't approved.

"Healer, I desire your wisdom." The bear-dog breathed into the warm dark.
[Image: Cultist_Acolyte_Dead.png]
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Arielle was going about her usual business, her heart still blazing from her newly formed bond with the prince. At times, she caught her mind wandering from her tasks, and she would have to redo something or start over. She found it very difficult to be annoyed by it, though. 

But, she had finally managed some focus as she finished lining the hole she had dug earlier with dried rabbit hide. She would use it to crush plants before placing them in the concave rock she had found—a gift from the bear. 

The voice drifted inside and pulled her focus again. It was one of the new skeptics. The bruin-heart saw it as a good sign that she was here. You can come inside, she answered.

Once the woman was inside and the healer had overcome her shock at how much the skeptic looked like their god, she spoke. What can I help you with? Her time was always available to those within Ursus.
তততততততততত
133 Posts
Ooc — Bees
She was invited, and crossed the threshold. It took a moment for the day blindness to pass, but once it did Bernadette was puzzled (although her face did not reveal such) at the youth of the Bruin-heart. Perhaps, they were the wrong person to ask...

"Snow falls thick and the air hurts to breathe. Winter is upon us, and in the midst of frigidity..." Her head moved slowly as her eyes scanned the room, until it was turned to face the wolf. "Comes heat."

"Healer, be frank, what knowledge have you of it?"
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
The bruin-heart wasn't sure what the bear dog needed to ask her, but she certainly didn't expect the topic of heat to come up. Although, she should have given the time of year—if she were older and knew more about these things.

As it was, she knew very little. I'm afraid not much, she admitted. She saw no reason to lie. I have never experienced it myself. She had only just associated the particular scent with it, but she had no idea what to expect, nor did she realize what would come of it if she were to answer its call. 

What is troubling you about it? the healer asked. She could hear the worry in her tone even though she could not yet read the woman's expressions.
তততততততততত
133 Posts
Ooc — Bees
"Hm." The Skeptic nodded, slowly. "I see." She rumbled.

It wouldn't be wise to expect of a yearling to know the temptations of Heat. Still, this young one was the only healer the cult provided. Her options narrowed down to they.

Still her eyes were drawn to what was on display in the den. Could wolf medicine truly be of use to dog such as she, could it aid in her purposes?

"In my three years, I've had it four times." Bernadette began again in her gravely voice. "By now I know when to expect it, and it draws nearer with each sunset."

"My duty is to answer the call when it comes." It was what Nature demanded of her. "Yet, my studies of the Bear are incomplete. I would have to ask one of your kind to partner with me. What matters most is... how does wolfkind handle the coming of fertility in their brethren?"
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
As the bear dog spoke, Arielle listened with a slight frown, though nothing else would show her thoughts on the skeptic's words. 

Being in heat meant fertility. She hadn't thought of children before now, not really, but now—now the thought of bringing the next generation of Bearclaws to Ursus, of giving sons or daughters to Aves, made a different kind of warmth spread through her chest. She suddenly wanted this very much. 

But Bernadette had not come here to listen to her gush about her future with Ursus; she had come to discuss when her heat came. She said it was her duty to answer the call. Arielle shook her head. I don't know how others deal with it, the healer started. But in Ursus, the only duty of the uninitiated is to learn of the bear and pass the tests to prove they are worthy. If it was anyone's duty to answer the call of heat, it was the bruin-heart's. If your heat comes before you have proven yourself, then I can help you to abstain.
তততততততততত
133 Posts
Ooc — Bees
"I see." The chow rumbled. "Studies should take precedence over reproduction."

"Still, if I ascend... past the rank of Skeptic by mid winter, when my time should be... then I'd no excuse not to fulfill my womb's purpose."

She bowed her head. 

"I thank you, Bruin-heart. If I find my body interfering with my studies, I shall reach out to you."
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
The beardog took the healer's words well, which satisfied Arielle. The fact that she was willing to prove herself to them and the bear before answering the call of heat ,even if meant she could not bear children this season was very telling. The bruin-jaw saw that as the first step in her path to the bear.

She smiled and dipped her head. I can help you learn, she offered. Can I take you somewhere? She wanted to show her the altar she had been working on; maybe she could learn more about the other woman. The altar proved to enlighten her any time she paused to tune in and listen.

She would wait for the woman to follow, and then she would lead her to the altar. She would tell her more of the bear and of her duty to the spirit.