Blackwater Islands creep
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
Limit Two 
the listener prowled the druids' grove in search of one of her newest followers. the pale wolf who had shadowed alduin's return to her. she had paid little mind to the man before; it was time she spoke to him, gathered knowledge of who he was and what he sought to gain by staying among the druids.

she had not forgotten her offer. it fell to her to learn what this promise would demand of the druids.

looking for @Tulok but others are welcome <3
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
He was still unsure about this place. The demon and his brothers had been raised with logic and violence. There had been no faith in a higher power, no worshiping of something unseen; his mind battled against this way of living simply because he was ignorant to it. 

The Listener's scent pulled him from his wandering, and he followed it to her. When Tulok found her, he stopped and offered a curt nod in greeting. His brother was drawn to the woman, and so he would need to know more about her.
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
walk with me, the listener invited when her path crossed with the pale wolf's (i'm not certain if she would know his name), changing her own course to lead him on a route all too familiar to her by now. they traveled along a stream which, when followed the opposite direction, led through the heart of the island.

her destination lay upon the cold cliffs above the fey chamber, where all sound was muted by the sound of the sea and the waterfall that poured from the cliffside.

i met alduin before my followers came to me, the listener told her quiet companion as the far-reaching view of the sea bloomed before them. the sky was grey, the waves silver-blue and ghostly like a million spirits writhing in agony, in passion. we were both alone. i had few words, then, but alduin was a loyal companion. until one day i woke to find him gone, blood and fur left in his wake. his scent led nowhere.

tell me how i can aid your mission.

oops so sorry, i intended to add this note but forgot, i powerplayed so my post could have substance but let me know if it isn't okay and i will remove it <3
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tulok silently accepted her invitation and fell into step beside her. He said nothing as they followed the stream, but he took in everything. The path they had taken, the cliffs it lead to, the mysterious woman who moved next to him.

Where they stopped, the sound of waves against stone was the only thing he could hear. It was both alarming and comforting, though he didn't know why he felt either way. 

As he watched the water move chaotically below them, The Listener began to speak. She mentioned how she knew Alduin; it had been when he went missing from their former home. Tulok remembered how worried his parents had been. He remembered how upset their mother had been and grew angry at the memory. But they had found him and he could come here for his mission knowing their mother was happy with their father. He relayed none of these thoughts to the druid leader. On the outside he was as cold as ever. He soothed some of his anger with the knowledge that his brother at not been alone when he was lost. 

It wasn't until her question that he lifted his gaze from the sea and focused its intensity on The Listener. Right now, we need to gather information on Ursus, he told her. The demon wasn't sure what all she knew, but if she was going to help them, then he would need to be more forthcoming with the details of their mission. It would be helpful to know how many members they have as well as any weaknesses they possess. He was in this for the long road, and he could be patient. He wanted this done properly.
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
ursus. the prophet's flesh turned cold, and as he spoke she knew that the unnamed god had sent this pair to her for a reason.

ursus was that reason. merrick the betrayer and his false idol.

i know ursus, the listener spoke in hushed, grave tones. their leader turned on me, betrayed me the day i met alduin. he was my mentor, mated to the woman who gave me life. when i was young, i called him father. now i call him a traitor and a madman. blinded by his false faith.

she went on. the druids are keepers of the faith, but we are not impractical. we do not look to our god for charity; we take our own power with the help of our god. we are collectors of secrets, and i believe this will aid your mission. but we are too few now. i require speakers. wolves who will be the faces of blackwater and direct the druids' work. i require silencers as well; those who will walk among the shadows, gain knowledge in secret, and strike at our foes without soiling the reputation of the druids,

she looked to tulok. we will learn of ursus. i intend to find a wolf suitable for this task, so that you might maintain secrecy in your mission. in return, i would like you to begin training for one of these roles. you may choose your own path. each brings with it respect and power — and further resources to continue your mission.

ahh sorry, lots of dialogue here. this took an unexpected turn but i'm into it haha
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
For the first time since he had been on the island, Tulok allowed an expression to flash across his face; a brief shimmer of surprise forced a quick widening of his eyes before his face settled back into its cold mask. The leader of Ursus was her father—or had been before he apparently betrayed her. It seemed he worshiped some kind of god as, well. Tulok would tuck that bit of information away for later inspection.

The Listener went on to tell him of her own faith, how it gave them power to wield as they saw fit. That was something that drew him here more than anything else; he wanted power. For the demon's entire life, he had watched his father brandish his own; power was the only thing he truly craved. And if what the druid leader said was true, then he would immerse himself into their beliefs. But, he had to know this was all real first, and he had not been here long enough to be sure. He would, however, keep his mind open to whatever The Listener would show him. 

She told him of speakers and silencers—for what reason, he didn't know yet. It wasn't until she had finished speaking that he realized she wanted him to train for one of these roles. In return, she promised to find him someone to spy on Ursus, and he needed that resource. Merrick would know to what family he and Alduin belonged, and his father warned him that he would not hesitate to kill them—well, to try anyway.

Tulok considered all she had said. He thought most in this position would choose to be a silencer; they would get to act as mercenaries. The deagon understood the draw—killing, bloodshed; it was exhilarating. But Tulok needed more than mindless killing. And he wanted more than a life in the shadows. He searched her face while he thought, as if she were a riddle he was trying to solve. 

Merrick will know me or my brother at once; we look too much like our father and his appearance is unique. As she could likely see for herself. We will need someone you trust not to betray us. He paused again to consider his next words. Tell me more about the role of speaker.

no i love it <3
i also got carried away lol
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the listener nodded as her new follower spoke, thinking then of merrick and his single keen, blood-maddened eye. the bear god's false prophet saw many things. knew many things. the druids would need to tread carefully to avoid that burning hell-forged eye of his.

that tulok could see this spoke well of his potential as a speaker, and so the listener was pleased when he inquired after the role.

as i said, they will be the faces of the druids. but there is far more to the role. the speakers will act as leaders under my own guidance, and advisors when i have a need for counsel. should you take the role of speaker, you will be required to specialize your skills. there are three paths. alchemy, the herbal arts; occult, the work of the mind; thaumaturgy, the path of warcraft. perhaps thaumaturgy would suit you...

as a speaker, you will also be expected to choose a silencer. your silencer will work exclusively under your orders, living outside of our sacred islands as a spy and assassin when needed. you will be responsible for your silencer's work, safety, and discipline should the need arise. i suggest careful consideration when choosing a silencer. it is clear to me that you need no instruction on the importance of loyalty.

the prophet allowed a small silence to billow between them, a moment for her words to settle.

the final and most important task of the speakers is the coordination and supervision of the work of the druids. those whose practice falls under your specialization will answer to you. they will receive their tasks from you and report their findings to you. any appeals made to the listener by a thaumaturge of low rank will first go through you.

if this is agreeable to you, i have a task in mind for your initiation.
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tulok was quiet as she elaborated on the speaker role. It would make him a leader under The Listener, as well as her advisor. Specializing his skills would be no issue, and he agreed with her suggestion that he choose the path of warcraft. 

If he were to accept, he would also have a silencer to carry out his orders in the shadows. He thought this might be a perfect job for whomever they find to spy on Ursus for them. This wolf would have to prove his loyalty in some way, of course. He would think more on how. 

He realized then, as his mind started working, that he had made his decision. 

His decision remained firm as he she continued to speak. He would oversee the work of others who choose thaumaturge as their path. This would require more study on his part, but he had no issue with that either. 

The listener had a task for him. Tulok nodded. I accept, he said firmly. What do you need me to do?
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
tulok. the second speaker. pride glimmered in the next words spoken by the prophet. meet with the keeper. find a place on the main island, the druids' grove, that is suitable for our thaumaturges to hone their skills. plan how you will train them, thoughts of nyra and alduin came to her, then. nyra and alduin will not be long in their ranks under you. i have plans for both. but i would have them practice their craft in this place you find nonetheless, if they will agree.

she beckoned to him to follow her, intending to lead him through a tour of the notable places the druids had found on the island thus far. there was much more to tell.

would it be okay to fade this with the implication that the listener tells tulok all the information listed here and here? <3
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
np! <3

The task she gave him would be given priority in the demon's mind. He would speak with the keeper as she asked, and then he would get to work. 

She spoke of his brother and Nyra, how she had plans for them that wouldn't keep them ranked beneath him. Tulok was interested to see where she would take them both, especially Alduin. He was sick, and he wondered what role the unnamed god would play in his sibling's life. 

The new speaker followed when the listener invited him to walk at her side. There was much to see and much to learn, and the demon was eager for all of it.