Duskfire Glacier concerti grossi, op. 6 no. 1
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Limit Two 
i hope this is okay, wanted them to have some one-on-one interaction :) @Lane
one week pregnant

Sakhmet had set out to do as she had promised, keen to make their stay here worthwhile. She had parted from @Kigipigak after she had peppered kisses on his cheeks, informed him of how she planned to find Lane to help with any tasks the duskfire wolves had left.

Although she had not anticipated finding herself with a lingering nauseous feeling that would not disappear. No matter how much she tried to sip water where she found it or shifted her body in motion as if that might move the contents of her stomach. It was more unbearable than any actual sickness might have been, she would have much preferred to just have emptied the contents of her stomach by now.

Maybe they might have a medic's stash left behind still...

Regardless she would put on her brightest face whenever she did come upon the woman. Calling out softly to her with warmth in her features.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"Oh, hey Sakhmet," Lane returned the new bride's greeting with similar warmth. Her tail waved as Sakhmet approached. The scent of her heat had diminished considerably, so hopefully she was feeling a little more comfortable getting out an about, and being around other wolves. She had seemed a bit timid when she was first introduced.

"I hope you and Kigipigak are having some luck hunting. I wish we had more to share," Lane noted apologetically. She hated that their guests might not find their hospitality satisfactory, but there was no avoiding the truth: all of the Glacier wolves' pelts were hanging a little looser lately. 

"Are you okay?" Lane asked suddenly. Sakhmet looked like she was about to yak. Lane was not normally a great reader of faces, but this was an expression she knew all too well, given her profession.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She had been keen to wash away any worries about meals or shares. Sakhmet was not here to impose on them, especially as they saw it fit to move soon, only to help.

Except she felt useless when that lurching sensation still lingered in her stomach.

And Lane questioned the likely nauseous look on her face.

Just an upset stomach. She assured softly, no need to cause a fuss or further concern over her. The duskfire needed to tend to themselves before they tended to their guests. Perhaps I ate something off. Maybe she had found bad meat, who knew.

I’ve come to see if you needed help, though.

Not the other way around.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane's own gut clenched, hearing that Sakhmet's stomach was off-- probably because of something she'd eaten out of Duskfire's caches. There as no way around it, their stores from the caribou hunt were getting ripe. 

"Oh no," Lane murmured, her expression darkening with concern. With a sigh, she said in resignation, "Our stores aren't getting any fresher. We'll need to hit the road soon." Sakhmet would not be the only one feeling sick, if their aging caches were the source of the problem.

Sakhmet offered her assistance, and Lane nodded gratefully. "Thanks. I've pulled some of the herbs and things I want to take, I just can't figure out how to transport them. I saw a medic once, who like.. hung all his things on himself with all these.. bones, and stuff.." Lane didn't have the language to describe what she had seen, and her words faltered. 

"I think it'll be easiest if I show you what I'm trying to make. C'mon, this way--" 

Lane would lead the way to he medicine den, glancing over every now and then to monitor Sakhmet's condition. "Deep, steady breaths will help," Lane coached. When they got to the medicine den, she would be able to intervene further.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
They would leave soon, according to Lane. Admittedly Sakhmet had some wonder as to why they hadn't already. If the stores had gone bad and the herds were sickly thin, there was little left in the north.

She considered this in her own thinking of her and Kigipigak's future. Perhaps they might be better traveling with the duskfire village. Perhaps they would be just fine here.

Just the two of them.

Her ears perked slightly as she listened to Lane describe some sort of contraption. Something that not even Sakhmet could think of, but Lane would be quick to take her to see whatever it was she was attempting to craft. The ruddy Melonii followed diligently, even made sure she kept deep steady breaths as Lane instructed.

It...soothed some — or maybe it just distracted.

Lane? She asked very abruptly, as a thought settled thick into her skull.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Sakhmet spoke her name abruptly, and Lane looked back at her in concern. "Yes? You okay--- are you gonna puke?" She was pretty good at avoiding getting puked on, but every now and then a sneaky puker sneaked one in. 

The medicine den was right up here. Lane would mix Sakhmet something soothing for her head and stomach.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
sorry for such a big delay on this
She hadn't thought she'd been ready to puke again.

It wasn't why she had questioned the woman's name.

But all the same, she was quickly turning away to empty the contents of her stomach that were nothing more than bile by now.

At least she was in the presence of a healer, she thought.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The telltale "look" crossed Sakhmet's features, and Lane swiftly sidestepped. She swiped a few sympathetic licks across Sakhmet's shoulder, performing a wolfy version of holding her hair back for her. 

Lane grimaced as Sakhmet wretched. Barely anything was coming up.. she must feel just awful. Lane could certainly relate, remembering all too well the horrible nausea back when...

..back when she was pregnant. 

Sakhmet had been in heat recently-- about two weeks ago, was it? That tracked. Lane mentally kicked herself for not realizing sooner. 

She ushered Sakhmet into the medicine den, mulling over how best to inform Sakhmet of her possible condition. Or should she even mention anything at all? She didn't want to stress Sakhmet, especially when she and Kigipigak had yet to find a place to settle down. 

Sure! We can fade out whenever you're ready.