Blackwater Islands rebirth
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
All Welcome 
the listener herded @Veran from dark waters to pale sands, her long fur dripping seawater with each step. together, the pair sought the keeper.

the keeper will make you strong, the prophet decreed, turning the full intensity of mismatched eyes upon her new acolyte. just for a fleeting moment. and then you will choose your path. only three paths lay before those who became acolytes. the herbcraft of alchemists promised the power of life and death; the occultists' path led to magick beyond imagination; the strength of the thaumaturge was forged in war and flame.

but which new life would belong to the veran?

you will think on this as you train, veran. will you learn the power to heal allies and poison foes? will you learn to speak to spirits and bend them to your will? or perhaps you wish to shed blood.

the prophet doubted this. he was a coward, was he not?

the druids will guide you. you will speak to them, the keeper's dark figure bloomed through the haze, distant and imposing. the listener's gaze snapped to veran, searching. would he fear the druids' iron guardian?
215 Posts
Ooc —
he wondered if he lost himself somewhere in the dark waters.

too exhausted to make much sense of things as they arrived on land once more. poisons and spirits and druids. he wondered where he had ended up only to think about how it did not matter. anywhere was better than home and nowhere he laid his head needed to become a home.

he would have paths to take, courses to wander and there was one that stuck out in pale light to his dark mind.

i…know how to heal some. already. he mumbled before her gaze was strong upon him.

they would not be alone for much longer.
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
a healer. but was this truly the path he was meant to walk? he had come to the druids for a reason, the prophet felt.

is that what you desire? to heal? the listener inquired as they walked. @Ingram's scent was fresh; surely the keeper lurked near.
215 Posts
Ooc —
it had been what Ålesund had desired.

what did veran desire? what did the boy cast to the sea want?

i want that...power, strength. i want to feel it in my bones, my belly, my brain.

the words slipped from him quicker than he could catch them and he is only left with a soft look from heron blue eyes to her.