Blackwater Islands Mildewed and smoldering
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
looking for @Nyra
set for late night, 20 F, light snow
referencing the internal territory: occultists' path

His mind was busy always, his train of thought moving from one problem to another, and making a list of everything he needed to do. First thing on his list today was finding Nyra. Alduin was close with her, where he had always been aloof and reserved regarding the friend of his parents. He needed to speak to her about his and his brother's mission while everything was still in the planning stage. 

The moss-covered path had been a nice challenge, forcing him to calculate every step he took as he made his way up the incline. He enjoyed the work out. Eventually he was dumped into a clearing; what had once been clearly dark green like the path was now painted white from the snow that fell in from the opening of the trees above. It had snowed all day, and so there was a thick layer of fresh powdery snow that stretched out before him. 

He almost hated to mess it up with his steps, but it was a frivolous thought. He stepped out into the clearing and started making his way to the other side.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra wasn't hard to find.
Always moving, always patrolling. 
Rarely sleeping.

She was an active presence, as much as possible.
Listening, watching, guarding, twisting-

She was staring at a dead hawk in the clearing Tulok came upon her on. She watched it with new eyes, berries pulsing in her system, showing her vibrant neon colors that danced and glitched around the raptor-bird.

The rustling of the foliage was what drew her head up, to see Tulok. 

"Tulok. To what do I owe the pleasure?" She was unaware yet of his promotion to Speaker. She wasn't exactly small, so even if she had wanted to eavesdrop she likely would've been found out, with her pale pelt and massive size.

Her gaze returned briefly to the hawk, then returned to Tulok to hear him speak.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
He found her quickly as he made his way through the clearing. She appeared to be staring at a hawk, which he thought was odd until he saw the size of her pupils. She had eaten more berries. He hoped this conversation wouldn't be lost on her then.

Tulok continued anyway. Nyra, he greeted. I wanted to talk to you about mine and my brother's mission, he started. He walked over and took a seat next to her, his two-toned gaze following hers to hawk. How much has Alduin told you about it? he asked. The demon wasn't sure how much his brother trusted her.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra hmmed at Tulok's first words. 
Talk about his and Alduin's mission, huh? 

To the question, the Warmaiden answered
"I know you both have been sent by Kynareth to take care of his unfinished business with Merrick, and everyone else that's wronged the Saints somehow." 
There didn't seem to be more to it than that, in her mind. Especially right now, where she was tripping balls.
Health (100/100)
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
She knew the important parts of the plan, and he wouldn't enlighten her any further. Not yet; he wasn't sure he trusted her yet. He knew she was loyal, that much was obvious, but that didn't mean he trusted her with every detail.

The deagon nodded. Then I don't need to tell you how important this is for us, he answered. She knew the history between them and Ursus; she was part of most of it. Your reputation proceeds you. It wouldn't be clear whether or not it was a compliment. I just want to make sure you don't do anything rash. I know of your impulsivity. My father lived in that type of chaos, but I don't plan to. Controlled chaos was far more rewarding. I just want to make sure you don't do anything without coming to me first.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Warmaiden huffed softly as Tulok spoke further to her.
She was almost insulted by his words; Her pride in her experience as a fighter and his lack thereof...Nyra shoved the thoughts down without a trace of changed emotion.

"If it makes you feel better, I don't currently have the power or the numbers to do anything regarding our enemies." She responded after a while. Yes, she had been impulsive, very much so, but having the vastness of the Wilds know of her or be out for her head had forced her to the path of calculation and patience. 
Something she should have had to begin with, but given the teacher she shared with Tulok and his brother, it didn't stick when it needed to. And now, having a tacticians mind would truly matter.
Health (100/100)
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
That doesn't make me feel better, he told her. All that tells me is that you would do as you pleased if you had the ability. What was to stop her from interfering with their mission and throwing all of their carefully laid plans down the drain; it would be a waste of time and resources. 

He sighed and leveled her with stern gaze. I want you to work with us; help us take down my father's enemies. But I need to know that you will trust the plan and let that guide your actions. Now he allowed a smile to curve his lips. You're a skilled warrior, he added. That is valuable to our mission. Of course they had also trained with Kynareth, but there was no denying that she had far more experience in battle.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra's eyes began to blaze as Tulok rumbled the truth. She was used to bring impulsive, and yes, if given the ability she'd do whatever she wanted.

But the Deagon leveled out, and so with his added explanation, the fire in her eyes dimmed back down.
Thinking, she mulled over his words in her mind.

Eventually, though, she sighed and looked back to Tulok.
"If we all work together as you suggest, I'm sure there's nothing that will stop us from reaching the goal." 
Indirect, but an agreement to his request nonetheless. With that, she would look upon him further to gauge his next words and reactions.
Health (100/100)
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
The demon nodded. That is my plan, he assured her. 

He studied her face (much like he had always seen his mother do). If I come to you later and ask you to do something for me to help the mission, will you accept? He was unsure what her answer would be. He could tell she had not been happy with the topic of conversation at first, but she seemed more agreeable now. 

Maybe she would agree to this.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra hmmed softly as Tulok spoke about a potential mission. 
She thought on it for a few moments, and responded. 

"My acceptance depends on what that mission would be, only because of my notoriety in these wilds. I would have to do it with extreme caution." 
Health (100/100)
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
Although her answer was not what he wanted to hear, he was not surprised. He supposed he would have to accept that. 

I will let you know if something comes up. And I would not expose you to our enemies. He stood then and nodded his head. Let me know if you hear anything important. 

He turned then and trotted off, leaving her to her previous activities.