Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
All Welcome 
today's hunt had not gone well.

but this did not give kukutux much worry. she searched for @Qadira, one of their newest. her gait was sedate. moonwoman found herself unhurried despite the loss of a witty pine marten, turned inward at the marvel of her own body.

soon she would tell aiolos.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Most days, Qadira went out on patrol, refreshing Moonglow's borders. Today, however, she guarded the village with a careful eye. When she spotted the Moonwoman, Qadira sank into a deep bow. "My lady." Her chin would tuck inwards to her chest, and then she rose gracefully. "How does the day find you?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i greet you, qadira," kukutux murmured, pale ears cupping forward in curiosity. "i have made a path to hunting. but i have not found meat yet." 

"what is this thing that you do?" she asked, mimicking an approximation of the bow that the other had demonstrated. her greenjade eyes watched carefully for an answer.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
At the mention of hunting, Qadira's ears perked. "I could accompany you hunting, should you wish." She was a mercenary, yes, but she would do whatever Moonwoman - and Sunman - would ask of her. Qadira smiled in a bemused sort of way as Kukutux asked about her bow. She answered readily, and without judgement, "I bow to you, for I serve you, dear lady. It is how I show my respect to you as my liege. You and your Sunman took me in with little questions, and for that, I am thankful." Though Qadira had yet any real personal attachment to any of the Moonwolves, she was duty and honor-bound to serve them for the duration of her stay, and she would do it gladly, and with great pride.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
it was a show of respect. kukutux did understand this, and smiled in welcoming gratitude. "we are ah, family. in this village. it is good that you are here. you will learn many things." to this end she motioned that quadira should come with her. "we will try to hunt again, you and i. will you tell me of your first place that you lived?" moonwoman inquired, seeking to know more of the other woman.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Family. Qadira inhaled deeply; she did not feel like family yet, but the Moonwolves had been good to her. She had nothing to complain about thus far. She fell into step at Kukutux's right flank, and allowed herself to be led away from the village. When questioned about her first home, Qadira had to think a bit before responding; she had no fond memories of her natal pack. They had denied the girls the right to train in combat, something Qadira had fought against heavily.

Finally, she answered. "My original family did not want the women to fight. I was the only daughter of a Lord... I rebelled, and eventually left. I taught myself to fight, and since then, I have been a travelling mercenary."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded. "in the place where i was born, women were forbidden to hunt. small things, yes. my mother gave me the teaching of how to fish in the long salt and collect abalone. but the great animals, they belonged only to the teeth of the hunters."

"but in this place we all hunt."

she smiled. "what is this word, mercenary?" the duck swept her ears forward, attention trained on qadira.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
"I am glad that our futures lie here, then," came Qadira's words. And then, an answer. "A mercenary is someone who protects in exchange for payment. I asked your Sunman for food and shelter, and in exchange, I protect." She frowned as she spoke, then said swiftly, and with a rare smile, "Although, I am enjoying your village, my Lady. I might wish to stay permanently."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
i am so sorry;;

"i would like that you stay, qadira." moonwoman's voice was soft. "we are a place of hunters. my sister lote has followed the deer. she knows where they rest and where they rise. speak with her. we are all sisters here in the circle of women."

there was a pause. "do you have the wish to become a mother one day?"
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
no worries at all! <3

Qadira's stoic gaze warmed and softened as the Moonwoman spoke of sisters and hunters; she could see, now, a hunting party, which she guarded. They could find something large with many wolves, and if needed, she could lend them her brute strength. And then, a question - it made the mercenary falter, her gaze dropping. "Oh, no my Lady. I..." How was she to say this? She cleared her throat, then grunted, quiet and gruff, "I do not enjoy men, in the... erm... physical sense." Her chest tightened, and she gave Kukutux a swift glance - would this be accepted in their village?

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux was curious. direct questions were the way of her people. "what does this mean? you do not wish to lie with men?" tone only wondering, not judgmental. perhaps in her world before, qadira had taken the path to be alone and never marry.

powerful women often chose this.

"the walrus hunters are cousins to my people. they are women who do not marry, or they have more than one husband." her teeth shone in a small smile and moonwoman pressed on.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Moonwoman's tone calmed Qadira's nervousness, and she took a deep breath before answering, "I... am interested in women. And I do not foresee myself ever bearing children." But this made her wonder - what if she found a woman, and she had whelps? Could the mercenary even be a mother? Qadira sighed softly, then pressed on carefully, "I would eventually like a wife, I think. I've... never really given it much thought." She'd never settled down before now.

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
interested in women. and she did not wish to be a mother.

kukutux would think more of this. there was no order that a woman in her village must be anaa, or even take a husband.

qadira wished for a wife.

the duck mused.

"i am atsak as well as moonwoman. i make matches for others who wish to marry." her voice was light.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
So, Moonwoman was a matchmaker. Qadira's green gaze lit up briefly - was there even another woman like her within the village? The mercenary woman swallowed roughly. She asked tentatively, "Could you try and find a match for me? I would be honored."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded.

"i will try. i have not had a meeting with woman who has your desire. not yet. but i have made a meeting with those who do not wish to have a marriage to a man." she arched her brow with a gently teasing look. "what do you have the wish for, when you think of a woman who will share your hearth?" the duck was interested to know how these wants differed from others.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Kukutux was easy to talk to, Qadira realized; even now, she was beginning to feel a strong tug of loyalty to the Moonwoman. When asked what she liked, the mercenary woman took a moment to think. She herself was a strong woman, and she wondered, did she wish for someone soft to care for, or did she desire a woman who could be her equal on the battlefield? Qadira was... uncertain.

"I am not sure. I... I was never given the chance in my homeland, to pursue a romance with a woman. I never thought I could..." she trailed off, frowning deeply. Then, she grunted, "I always thought I would be alone." Qadira sighed softly, relaxing as she realized that maybe here, she could live the way she wanted. "I... want a woman who will speak her mind. Maybe someone bold."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a bold woman. kukutux grinned. "it is already different, what you seek. men would say they desired a wife who did not speak so much." such a want annoyed her. but that of the guarding-woman was a source of intrigue.

she brought her smile down into something warmer which flickered in her eyes. "in my home, we ask questions that are straight. it is politeness." a pause, and then: "this was something forbidden in your home, qadira?"
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Qadira snorted at the Moonwoman's words. Scathingly, she said, "Most men desire a puppet." Then, she added hastily. "But, the men of Moonglow are... much different than I am used to. Better than the ones of my homeland." She still didn't want to lay with them, of course, but that wasn't something she could change. She had been this way all her life.

Then, Kukutux spoke more of her homeland, then asked of Qadira's. She smiled wryly, telling her alpha, "In my home, questions are seen as disobedience - you do not question the men. They give orders, and you follow them. It was... well, I left home very quickly."

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded. "i had the knowing of many men who were this way. they had meanness in them and wanted women to have no voice." not so in moonglow, which she was happy that qadira saw. it meant that her sons would grow up well.

a home like this was similar to where the duck had lived. but it had been many years since she had lived in such a place. "both sets of words must be heard. that is why here there is the circle of men and the circle of women."

her jadestone eyes were gentle.
46 Posts
Ooc — The System
Could this count as a merc thread for her? Patrolling while they talk?

Qadira shared Kukutux's views, for the most part. If she were ever to be challenged by a man, she would put him in his place. Her thoughts wandered briefly to the bear-wolf, and she fought back a small smirk. She glanced up to the sun, where it was slowly beginning to set, and she couldn't help but wonder how much time had passed while they walked. Qadira looked to the moonwoman, a question in her gaze as she wondered, "Shall we head back, my Lady?"

Qadira is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Qadira is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
yeah! <3 we can fade here if u want :)

kukutux looked toward the light.

she gave qadira a nod. "we shall go back now."

the slim white legs turned. "tell me the things that bring you joy to do."

the duck would speak with the guardian as they trailed back toward the ulax.