"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
Private 
"i missed you, maman."
mireille wove herself against @Rosalyn's foreleg. she had not been here to truly understand what was happening to her mother. but it did not matter. now she was in sapphique once more, and tears of relief stung her eyes. but she did not allow them to fall. like a much younger child she curled closer to the ruby, licking at rosalyn's jawline with affection and deference.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
There were odd days when her thoughts wandered more, when she was distant, when she lost herself. But with Erzulie near and her family around her, for the most part, life continued as normal. She was present far more often than not and had come to peace with the ease her days now took. Chacal's rise had helped. Mirelle's return had admittedly done far more.

I missed you. she insisted, playfully and affectionately nuzzling her back. She could hear the emotion in her daughter's voice and matched it in her chest, but she was home. There was no need to dwell on the time before.

I'm not surprised that Sobo found you. I don't think he stopped looking for a moment. Rosalyn would not have either; not until she'd been forced. She wouldn't speak of that now.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"oh, i was so happy to see him!" mireille exulted. "he swam all de way to de islan', can you believe it?" she laughed softly. "i do not remember getting t'ere. not so well." 
taliesin. morgana. the listener. bridget. she still did not know what to make of the wolves who had taken her in and given her respite.
"dey were nice. but i am glad to be home." she settled close to rosalyn and began to preen her mother's shoulder. "is it hard, not being a leader now?"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She didn't seem keen to dwell on it. It's not so hard to believe, she replied, remembering the intensity he'd held in searching. The easy comfort of her there now, her brother's clear protectiveness... this year felt different. They were bound more closely than the others had seemed, even after nearly a year past.

And now an honest question, one that no one else had asked. Some because they knew, some likely because they would rather not. It is. She admitted, softly. Only a select few could deliver that answer from her. But it doesn't change what's important. I'm just happy your maman has Chacal, and you, and your sister and brothers to help her too.

It was still hard to think about. Feeling her age more than ever these days, trying not to dwell on it. Forcing herself to press forward as if time simply didn't exist was the easiest way to manage.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"we be here to help you too, maman," mireille reminded with a soft look in her eye. she wondered also if it was hard for erzulie to not have her mate beside her. the girl's brow narrowed and then smoothed for a moment. "do you t'ink chacal will need help?"
mireille was old enough to understand at least in part the very deep bond shared by her mothers. she could not fathom that erzulie would want to lead the remainder of her life without rosalyn. they seemed very inseparable.
"what if i wanted to be a leader? one day. would you teach me?"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
If it were anyone but one of their children who said that, Rosalyn might have lashed back that it wasn't necessary. Instead she accepted it wordlessly, silently tucking that away while she idly preened her daughter's ruff. There wasn't much she could think to ask for, but perhaps.

Even if she doesn't need it, I think she will want it. Rosalyn replied, smiling affectionately. It would be good to see them working together. Chacal's brothers and sisters had not remained and she had worried, at times, that their quiet daughter felt lonely for it. Parents were not always enough; a sister was a very different thing.

And there's more coast. If Sapphique grows, maybe there's more claims to be made. I'd love to teach you, if that is something you want. The pirate had never considered the fact that their pack might grow beyond it's bounds and take up a second claim, but if more of their children wanted to lead than Sapphique had the space for, it wasn't unreasonable to consider. They had the numbers, the space and the time. Better that than let them get bored here, unsatisfied with their position supporting a sister's claim.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille was slowly becoming aware that only certain ones could speak so frankly with her maman. it was a half-formed, wordless conception, one into which she would not grow for some time yet. and yet she found herself leaning into it, testing the limits of what rosalyn would allow her to say.
"i will be t'ere even if she does not ask," the scarlet girl declared, freckled muzzle dimpling with a grin. 
she had not even considered the second idea.
the girl looked toward the sea, lying muzzle over paws as her beloved maman combed her fur. 
"do you t'ink sobo would want to go? he seems very attached to sapphique. i am too. i do not know if i want to leave," mireille rambled. "i am not ready. but — i want to know. does dat make sense, maman?"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It was a heavy thought, to consider losing both of them. Rosalyn didn't regret putting the notion there, but she was quietly glad that Mireille seemed reluctant to jump at the concept.

I don't know. This will always be a home for you both, but your maman and I have seen many places. If you did not want it, then I'd be glad. Rosalyn rustled her fur affectionately. But if you did, I'd be glad too. Especially if Sobo stayed with her. She especially did not like the thought of Mireille alone.

It didn't entirely make sense, anymore. At one time she'd felt nothing but wanderlust and now she felt nothing like it. It sounded to her like perhaps Mireille simply wasn't quite ready, especially after being so soon returned. How long would that last? She wondered.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
she lay her head against rosalyn's shoulder, closing her eyes. this could not be had everywhere, only in sapphique. only here did the love and strength of her family hold them together so strongly. mireille yawned. "dis coas'line be my home forever. no matter where i be goin'."
"will you tell me a story, maman?" her voice was soft; slumber was just upon the horizon. but she wanted to stay here, to stay here for as long as she was able.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
A story. Rosalyn had only ever really told true or embellished tales, so the question rested uneasily. Again; anyone else she'd have denied. She couldn't say no to her daughter.

Aye. But what? Her voice was soft and began slowly, picking the tale of their founding on the cliffs here. Parts were jumbled, and sections missing, but she skirted and added until the tale was a recognizable, but different, occurrence. When Mireille gave in to sleep, she would stop. She was not quite ready for sleep herself, but kept a watchful eye instead, distantly considering the cliffs, their son, and what it all might mean.