my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Private 
Set directly after this thread

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: they do the hanky panky (faded) and discuss mature themes
Shaken was one way to describe her. She had run until she felt she was a safe distance from the man, tucking away in the tablinum for a moment only to take scrub pine and place a small set of cobwebs over a pressure cut obtained from being slammed against the walls of the sparring arena. It was the nature of the game, but the cobwebs would make sure that she did not bleed anymore. Her mind was still set on survival… rather than lingering by herself in the secluded nature of her herbal den, her paws once more carried her.

She had no idea how she had ended up where she had… but she had ended up wandering to Kallik’s den within the soldier’s housing, caution still lingering at her eyes as the slightest noises made her jump. She’d hated the effects that the encounter had on her. Without invitation, she found herself tucking inside so eyes were capable of seeing the opening at the mouth of the den, never leaving it with the hopes he would be back soon.

If she were thinking logically, she might have instead turned to @Ruenna or @Germanicus to report what she imagined would have been considered an infraction on the soldier’s part, but that was not where her mind had absentmindedly guided her. Instead it guided her to the familiar scent that she associated with safety. That was all she wanted in that moment: to feel safe.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Initially, he had been against the idea of having a den. He liked to sleep outside under the stars where he could see and hear everything around him. But @Tamar had done such a good job making the dens cozy that he had been drawn into an empty dwelling one night. He had slept there and decided he kind of liked the privacy and quiet. So he had kept it for himself and started splitting his nights, sometimes sleeping outside and sometimes sleeping in the den.

He was headed there just as the sun started to set, exhausted after a particularly grueling training session. 

He trotted towards the opening and froze. Aquene's scent mixed with his own from inside the den. He like the combination but he wondered why she had been here. She had probably been looking for him. He would seek her out later.

When he entered, his gaze found her curled form immediately. He could see the fear in every part of her body. His heart raced. Aquene? he said into the darkness. Are you okay?

tag for reference <3
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She wasn’t entirely sure how long she had been waiting there before she saw a form appear at the mouth of the den. Even knowing it was likely the very wolf she had been waiting for, she tensed, jumping a little in her own skin. The question came, her heart racing fast and she felt like she couldn’t breathe, as if his presence gave her the safety to finally just let out everything she had been pushing down since the encounter, her head shaking, her maw opening but words failed to come out.

She didn’t know if she was capable of speaking, a wince when she moved and the faintest scent of blood still lingering on her pelt and somewhere deep in it all was Glaukos’ scent still lingering from their close contact. What did she say? How did she even describe it? Was she overreacting? Would he laugh at her and tell her to get over it? Deep down she knew that he wouldn’t, that she had followed proper sparring protocols, that any other wolf would have stopped the moment she went limp beneath them but that fear lingered deep in her heart in that moment, only managing a soft whine in escape.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She didn't answer him; she opened her mouth like she wanted to, but then she said nothing. This was paired with the shaking of her head. An intense worry filled him. He suddenly felt on edge, like there was something he needed to protect her from. But what? A quick evaluation of the sounds outside told him there was nothing out of the ordinary. 

The sound of Aquene's whine filled the den and pulled the auxillary to her. He curled around her and then tensed; the smell of blood and Glaukos tainted her own earthy scent. Why was that? And now she was all but cowering in his den, too upset to even tell him what was going on. 

Afraid that the tension in his own muscles would only feed into her own distress, Kallik softened against her. Aquene, he said gently. What happened to you. His stomach was in knots while he waited for her answer.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
His presence closer to her helped lift some of the weight off of her chest just as it had the first time she’d found herself in this situation. She swallowed back the hints of shame as he looked her over, feeling him relax beside her as she tucked her head against him, simply breathing in his comforting scent for a moment as she tried to breathe, the question came again.

It all just came tumbling out. “I just wanted to spar… it was just a spar. I thought we both knew that.” Apparently, somewhere those wires had gotten crossed. “I know he’s always so broody but he’s an auxiliary and you all can get that way when you’re working because it’s a stressful job and he’s the closest one here to his size and I just wanted to be prepared I want to be able to defend myself if he every came looking for me but I lost and when I went limp and he wouldn’t stop and he started climbing on me.” The words hurried out at a pace, not naming names though it was not hard to guess. She felt disgusted with him, with herself as well for letting herself fall into such a vulnerable situation. The tension only increased in her muscles as the sensory memories of it all washed over her.

It had reminded her of him and that was something she had never expected out of a Mereo wolf.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She tucked her head into him and seemed to relax some; he was glad to be able to offer her that comfort. He wished he could have just prevented whatever had happened to her, but he knew that wasn't possible. He would settle for giving her a safe place to go whenever she needed it, just like she had done for him. 

The words spilled from her seemingly in the same breath. It was so much information and he felt so many different emotions that he was stunned silent for a few moments. It sounded like she had been sparring with, he presumed, Glaukos. He was very large, and he was also rash. Kallik had seem him do things without thinking more than once. Not to mention his general lack of respect for those around him. Kallik had accepted him despite those things mostly because he had to. But this was unacceptable. He didn't need her to go into detail to know what had happened. Anger made him see red for a few moments; he wanted to find the other auxillary and tear into his flesh, and he might have if not for the healer tucked against him, clearly very traumatized by the ordeal. 

He drew in a long, steadying breath, trying to calm the fire of his anger. Aquene, he murmured, managing to keep his tone gentle. You are safe here, he assured her. He still wasn't sure if he would be able to keep himself from confronting the other soldier, but he would certainly be going to the imperator with this. 

The imperator and matrona need to know about this, he told her. I can talk to them if that's easier. Or I can go with you. He nuzzled her cheek to try and soothe her. But we don't have to do that now. He continued to nuzzle into her cheek and neck. We can stay here for as long as you need.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Her focus was on him. He was comforting, and he was safe. In a way, she understood him in a way she did not the others… even friendlier faces like Towhee did not compare. She simply felt… close to him and she didn’t know if that scared her even more or brought her a sense of security.

He was stunned for a few moments, and she looked up at him almost hesitant, as if she had said something wrong or upset him in some way. Instead, he drew a long breathe and she prepared herself for the worst. It was a spar. She had signed herself up for it. She had quite literally sought Glaukos out and he had answered… perhaps he had a right to do what he wanted in his moment of victory.

No. She knew that was her father’s voice lingering in the back of her head and she shuddered softly, still trying to hold in the majority of the emotions that were quaking through her body when he assured her that she was safe. She wasn’t sure if he meant there, with him, or with Mereo. She whined softly again at the mention of informing Germanicus and Ruenna. She did not want to see the looks of disappointment on their features. She had been doing well in her training, but she was almost certain that this would count as a mark against in her in some way.

Or perhaps that was her paranoia and trust issues speaking in the back of her mind. She couldn’t be sure.

“Can we just stay here?” She asked softly, finally managing to voice something. She’d been given no reason to believe that anyone would be mad at her for how the events took place… but it was screaming in the back of her head, as if she had failed. “I… I kicked him there…She stated again… like she needed him to know that she had defended herself which was more than she would have done a month ago had such a situation arisen. “I just ran… he was crumpled over and I ran. I think he was mad.”
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She wanted to stay there, and he would oblige. He wouldn't leave until she felt more like herself again. He knew what it was like to be triggered. Memories forced upon you without your permission. Your body reacting as if you were back there, and you having no control over it. His anger surged again, and he pictured his teeth ripping open the other soldier's flesh. He wasn't good with overwhelming emotions; he was often either ruled by them or completely numb to them. And right now, his rage was telling him that the only way he could release such overwhelming feelings was to seek out Glaukos and kick his ass.

He hadn't answered her request, and he wondered what he had allowed to show in his face while he was lost to the confusing inner workings of his mind. Yes, of course, he finally told her, resting his head on top of hers. Despite the grim mood, Kallik did manage to be amused when Aquene told him that she kicked Glaukos in that very sensitive place. He knew it would have caused him pain, and he deserved it. 

He can be mad if he wants, he told her It doesn't matter because he is the one in the wrong. Kallik had all but decided that he would make him pay for his wrong. You don't have to worry about him, the auxillary assured her.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She felt guilty, seeking him out and dumping this all on him… She tried to tell herself that it was once again the influence of others, but it was difficult to grapple with and many thoughts that had never run through her mind were present at the forefront of it. She needed control. She needed to get a grip. Perhaps, she should have simply hidden away in the corner of her own den breathing in lavender and hoping that it helped… except lavender did nothing compared to his comfort.

He insisted that it was okay to stay there… Aquene would milk it for all it was worth for dread of what actually speaking to the Matrona and Imperator would bring. She sensed the shift in mood, albeit slight, when she did mention how she had defended herself, and for a brief moment, a flash of pride did cross her features. She nodded, uncertain of herself. He had been in the wrong. He had been in the wrong. The words allowed the rest of the tension she had been holding in her muscles fade, her head resting near his paws as she closed her eyes and started to take deep breathes in and out.

Those had been the words she had secretly needed to hear, the assurance that she was not wrong. “I don’t know what I did.” She admitted softly, still needing to find a way to blame herself in some way. “Was I too aggressive?” She asked again, more to herself but spoken aloud. “I… I’m sorry I just… wandered here. My brain just took me here. I should have called or something or asked...” She explained again, realizing for the first moment that she had randomly appeared in his den with no context in the midst of a breakdown.

There was a lot to process in her mind, so focusing on anything but what she was thinking about seemed like the best path for her.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She seemed to finally release the rest of her tension as she settled her head on his paws. He lifted his head only long enough for her to adjust, and then it was resting atop hers again. 

Kallik shook his head against her. No, Aquene, he interrupted before she could continue. We're supposed to be able to control ourselves in a spar. Glaukos should have stopped when you yielded, and he he shouldn't have done that to you. He couldn't even say the words; he was afraid they would come out in a snarl. 

Then she was apologizing for coming here and for leaning on him in her time of need. No, he told her. You can come here whenever you want. Suddenly he internally panicked, wondering if what he said was too much. I mean, um— Kallik swallowed. What was he even trying to say? I like spending time with you. I just wish it was under better circumstances. He nuzzled against the place where his chin met the top of her head. I do not mind being here for you. She had done the same for him. He had come to her and dumped his shit on her, and she had helped him start to process it all. But it was more than a need to repay a debt; he cared about the healer. He wanted her to be happy. And that scared the shit out of him. He would never turn her away, though.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
It was comforting, and in that moment it felt like he could hide her comparatively tiny frame, like he could simply wrap around her and shelter her from the world. She found she quite liked the idea of that, though she didn’t know how to process such positive emotions… she’d never felt like this before, and she brushed it off as friendship, truthfully not knowing better as if it could hit her upside the head any harder. The emphasis on the word that caused a soft shudder down her spine, breathing in and out slowly once more. She needed to keep her calm. She needed to maintain her emotional poise… never let them see you sweat.

He insisted that she could come whenever she wanted, and in that moment she felt her heart lift, her eyes soften as she rightfully read into his words… only for him to clarify, and she felt her heart sink back. She chided herself for thinking that he might think of her as anything more than a friend and a resource. She tried to pretend her heart was not crushed, even if she didn’t fully realize that it had been beating for him in that moment to begin with.

Her head was a mess; of course she was reading into things all wrong. He was a man who had shown her a modicum of respect and attention when she was not used to it… she was reading into things and confusing herself surely… except she did not feel this way about Arsenio, or Germanicus… or Towhee, with her lady nuts… so could it really simply be an oversimplified version of her own self-image when it came to her worthiness to be loved?

She remained silent, instead settling for the role that had been so swiftly clarified, breathing in and out and simply trying to hold her shit together for just a moment longer. “I like being here with you.” Her voice betrayed her with a soft crack in it.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
I like being here with you.

Did that mean what he wanted it to mean? Even though it also terrified him? Her voice had cracked as she spoke, and he wondered if that was because she was nervous. Maybe it was just dry from the emotional upset. 

Things weren't normally so difficult and confusing when it came to pretty girls. He had never had trouble being forward or affectionate because he knew it was all superficial. They would share time together and then go on their separate ways. But Aquene was different. There were deeper feelings there and he had no idea what to do about them. He thought he might want more from her, but he was so broken that he hated the idea of tying her to him in that way. She deserved so much better. 

But for a moment, he pushed that all away and allowed himself to indulge. He lifted his head and nuzzled into her scruff. It certainly was not a pushy move, especially with all she had just gone through. But is was different from the affection had shown her before now. The touch was slightly possessive and far more tender than he ever had been with her before.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
It felt like she had created such a mess for a moment. The words had slipped out almost unintentionally, almost. There was a part of her brain that reasoned it was easier to deal with the pain of rejection now than continue letting these strange emotions fester in her. She was nervous, her throat raw from the overwhelming display of emotions she’d had previously… and just from the anxiety of what she thought was about to happen.

Instead, he nuzzled into her scruff. She’d only had such an action once before, though the prior had been a far more aggressive behavior against her… but her brain was capable of separating the two, the gentleness in his touch and the possessiveness in his action that was just enough to be comforting but not too much as to intimidate her. She leaned into the touch as much as she could, encouraging as she nuzzled lightly against the underside of his neck. He thought he was broken, but that was not what she saw. What she saw was just enough jagged edges to fit perfectly against her own.

She was so confused. She didn’t know what to make of this, but she also knew she didn’t want it to stop. She found herself craving it and that alone should have scared the hell out of her… it would, later when she had time to reflect, but in the moment it just felt right.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She didn't push him away. In fact, she leaned further into him, and then he felt her nuzzle against his throat. He felt the touch everywhere even though it was gentle and feather light. His heart was slamming against his ribs now, and he couldn't stop the heavy expel of breath that was forced from his chest; it fanned her fur where his muzzle was still pressed against her skin. 

Had this been any other woman, he might have pushed to see how far he could get, but not with her; he cared about her too much. She was upset and vulnerable, and he wanted her to be sure that she wanted more from him. He didn't want anything else swaying her decisions. But how did he explain that to her without it feeling like rejection. Of course, he could just be reading way too much into this, but he had to be sure. 

Aquene, he whispered against her fur. What the hell was he going to say? I— the auxillary chickened out for a second but quickly resumed. I care about you, and I want, um, this He hoped she would know what he meant. She was probably way better at talking about this stuff than he was. But right now, I feel like I would be taking advantage. He hoped she wouldn't take it the wrong way. He was really trying to do right by her. He had paused his affection but still lingered just above her scruff in the hope that she would let him continue his gentle nuzzling there.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
In many ways, she wasn’t thinking… but that was a good thing. Her mind had faded off of the events of earlier in the day, which had been the goal in seeking him out to begin with. He simply knew how to bring her to peace, to comfort as he had been doing… he’d assured her, and she felt… relaxed. Tiredness had pulled at her, but emotional outbreaks could do that to a wolf, combined with the physical intensity of the spar… it was a lot.

In her mind, she truthfully did not know what he was going for. As a healer, she likely would have known what it could all lead to, and the consequences of their actions if they were to act in any way as the Matrona and Imperator had final say about such actions… it was he who broke the silence, pausing as she pulled back to turn her head and look at him… listening as he tried to ramble on… this. She wanted this too, so why was he stopping?

The words crashed over her, and there was a hint of sadness in her eyes, but a nod as she moved her head back against him, not willing to push it more… she wanted this, but she did understand. “I understand… and I want this too.” She whispered softly to make her intentions clear so he didn’t have time to second guess his temporary rejection. His simple touch would do if it was all he could give her without sacrificing his own integrity or morals. A knight, a gentleman, truly. “C-can I stay here tonight… please?” She asked softly, finally, knowing it would help ease her to sleep to know he was right beside her, even if nothing further happened… the nights she tucked herself away in the tablinum, alone and exhausted from her day’s adventures never brought her the peace of mind she found there.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He saw the sadness in her eyes when she realized what he was saying, and it crushed him. He never wanted to put that look on her face. 

She wanted the same thing but she understood. Now he was faced with a dilemma; he could take her at her word and give them what they both clearly wanted, or he could stick to his words and wait for a time when she was in a better state. He trusted her to know herself, of course. But would he still feel guilty?

And then she asked if she could stay with him tonight, adding a soft please at the end. He couldn't tell her no anymore than he could deny his lungs breath. He kissed her cheek before returning to the fur on the back of her neck. Yes, of course, he finally answered before gently pressing his teeth against her nape. You can stay here whenever you want. 

His heart started to race again when he finally decided to trust Aquene. Maybe it was the wrong choice, but he couldn't restrain himself any longer. She was soft and fit perfectly against him. He had noticed that the last time she was tucked into him. 

His nips and kisses grew more needy, but they remained gentle always. It was odd that her anguish over what happened with Galukos would push them to both finally be honest, but he was going to try and not overthink this one thing. 

If she didn't change her mind, Kallik would show her the tenderness that was possible with someone who cared for her; there was no doubt she had not known that with the man she had been betrothed to. That monster viewed her as property, and she would never feel like that with Kallik.  

fade or time jump? i'm fine with either <3
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Time jump pleaseeeee I swear I can never get enough Kallik timeeeee

She had to understand; if the roles were reversed, she likely would have taken the same approach, no matter how much it would have crushed her to do so…

The kiss to her cheek was replaced with heat when he pulled away and nipped at the nape of her neck, the promise that she was always welcome in his home. The relief that flooded into her system with the affirmation making her hungry for what she knew she could not have once more, hints of restlessness as she tried to simply lay tucked against him.

He didn’t make matters easier. He grew more needy and she whined with her need. It was such a strange thing, to want after the panic she had just experienced… but the emotions all muddled together at some point. It was possible that the shock and panic had led to her hasty confession, but she could not bring herself to deny that it had been true for a while, no matter how much she insisted she didn’t.

She didn’t change her mind. In that moment, she knew what she wanted, and he did too. The tenderness was so unlike anything she had experienced, and he made her feel whole. Afterwards, as she drifted off to sleep, she could finally say she knew. That was what love was supposed to feel like.

Fade to... morning?
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
sameee i love them sm

The morning brought a new realization of what exactly had happened the night before. He knew his feelings for her were too deep to ignore, and so he wouldn't give into his fear. However, a new worry began to settle in his mind: how long until he fucked it all up?

He felt Aquene against him before his eyes even opened, and warmth spread over him. Sometime in the night he had positioned them so that he was between her and the den entrance as he wrapped protectively around her. He hoped she had felt safe that way and was able to sleep soundly. 

Kallik was unsure if his healer was awake yet, so he tested the waters and started to slowly nibble up the back of neck. It was soft enough that it wasn't likely to wake her if she was still in deep sleep. He drew in her scent and was pleased that his still mixed with hers. There was not even a hint of Glaukos' scent left, which meant his good mood would continue.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The exhaustion from the events the previous day and his protective embrace allowed her to sleep soundly through the night… the first time she had done as much in quite some time. She was starting to stir when she felt his nibbles at the back of her neck, reflexively shifting her neck towards him in a craning motion as her eyes slowly dragged open. Not the familiar scents of the tablinum flooding her nose, but the scent that was uniquely him. In an instant, the memories of the night before started to flood back into her mind.

She shifted lightly, playfully nipping at him in turn as she remained cuddled against him, eager to embrace his warmth instead of daring to wake up fully and risk needing to step out into the harsher winter weather outside. At some point, her eyes drifted back shut as the sleepiness threatened to overtake her again. Despite the thickness of her pelt being made for colder temperatures, she still hated the cold. It hadn’t even occurred to her that their actions might get them in trouble. Her heat had not yet hit, not as she knew the Matrona’s had… but would the Matrona or Imperator care or was any action of affection subject to such a harsh punishment? These were questions she was not yet awake enough to consider.

“Good morning.” The words drawled sleepily from her lips as she finally let her eyes slowly drag open to look up at him, a soft and warm smile on his features. He hadn’t run for the hills yet… that was a good sign, right?
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She stirred some under his ministrations, and a smile lifted one corner of his mouth. She shifted a little to reach up and nip him in return before burrowing into him. Kallik preferred the winter. He was plenty warm, and he would gladly share that with her. 

He looked down to hold her gaze as her soft words reached him. Good morning, he rumbled back to her. He would have normally been out on patrol already, but he could stay here a little longer. Right now, his den felt like their own little world, and he was reluctant to shatter that illusion. 

He nuzzled against her cheek before delivering a soft kiss to the same spot. How are you? he asked. A lot had happened yesterday, and he was curious how she was feeling about it all. So far, she didn't seem to regret anything, but they had only just woke up.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She hadn’t even noticed the time, or perhaps she’d be more worried about making sure she got Ruenna the remedies she had been fixing for her as of late, especially given the secrecy that the Matrona had entrusted her with. Would one lazy morning really kill them? She figured it would not as long as it did not become a pattern.

He greeted back to her and with it came a lazy smile on her features. She felt like she could lay there forever, her nose wrinkling lightly as he nuzzled her cheek and kissed it, her eyes dragging back open with an adoring look on her features. “M’good.” She drawled again, stretching her limbs out slightly to prove a point which only brought a groan to her lips. “A little sore.” No doubt she would need to offer herself some of her own remedies in order to alleviate some of that. It had been a hectic day, and she had put her body through a lot in more ways than one

“How are you?” She asked back, her own curiosity starting to bubble… checking in because there was a part of her even now that worried that he had acted out of an impulse to help her or save her in some kind of fashion… it would be devastating, but she had always been good at preparing for the worst. "How was... this?" Now that they had both gotten rest... they needed to actually talk about what this was.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Her smile told him she didn't regret anything and his own expression softened in response. She was good but sore. Soreness always followed spars, it was something he had learned to get used to, and he was betting she was getting there too. She had been working very hard on her fighting skills lately. I think it's an unspoken rule here that if you don't wake up sore most mornings, you are doing something wrong. A rare joke; he raised a playful eyebrow. 

She asked how he was, and nodded once. I am also good, he told her. And when she asked how last night had been, he gave her a heated look. Perfect, he told her. It was not an embellishment either. Nothing could compare. 

I meant what I said last night, he said after a moment. I care about you very much. This was not just a one time thing for me. Of course, she could feel different, and not want anything more from him, but his heart was telling him that wasn't the case; hopefully it wasn't leading him astray. 

Kallik studied the soft features of her dark face for a moment. And how was it for you? He watched her closely as he waited for her answer.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She couldn’t help but smirk at his joke, a sly expression on her features for just a moment as she considered responding back about how good wholesome healers such as herself never ended up sore in the morning, though she had been training with the auxilia long enough that she knew the joke wouldn’t quite hit right. Instead, she just nipped at him again in response, playful as she shifted so she was laying on her back, paws in the air beside him as her head still craned to be near him.

Perfect. The words sent a pleasant shiver down her spine, an almost hungry look in return though in that moment, she knew she had to exercise control. She shifted back to laying beside him as he spoke. Her heart warmed. “This wasn’t a one time thing for me either, Kallik… I never intended for it to be… I’m pretty sure the Imperator and Matrona would have our pelts hanging in their den if it were...” She admitted, not really sure that she was capable of pulling off a one-time thing with another wolf… “I care about you too. A lot. She felt her actions had spoken loud enough for that… and it was the closest she could get to an ‘I love you’ without psyching herself out.

The question came and her gaze softened. It was the way he cared, and the way he watched and waited so attentively for her honest answer. It was that kind of affection that she was not used to, but also made her heart soar. “It was wonderful…” It was so much more than she thought it could be. “It was everything I could have ever hoped for.”
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
His joke and pulled a lovely smile from Aquene before she nipped playfully at his neck. He watched her roll on to her back with unveiled interest and lowered his head to run his muzzle through the soft, thick fur of her chest. 

She felt the same as him, which had his heart sputtering in his chest. He wasn't sure what he had done to deserve her, but he wouldn't ask too many questions. She was beautiful and kind and determined, and she was his. 

She had so much more to say than he had. He had only given her one word. It had been how he felt, but she had described so much better. Kallik allowed another smile to curve his lips. He ran his nose along her cheek. That is what you deserve, he told her, his words soft. 

His expression would lose its softness then. Do you think we should tell the imperator and matrona about us? he asked. What if they demanded the two of them be married? She was amazing, and he cared deeply for her, but he wasn't sure marriage was on either of their agendas. At least not any time soon.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
His muzzle ran through the fur of her chest and her eyes closed to simply enjoy the sensation. One of her limbs wrapped lazily around him as much as it could as he moved. She felt content, and she felt safe. He ran his nose along her cheek and she gently nuzzled at his chest in turn. His words simply made her melt, reflecting on how they had gotten here. Once again she playfully nipped at his neck.

That questioned was harder to answer, a soft frown on her features. “I think it is inevitable that  they find out.” If only from scent alone just as Germanicus had found out about his previous exploit away from Mereo… and it had happened on pack land which meant it would be on display for all to know. She was not looking for marriage, not anytime soon… and the idea of being told she had to marry? Well, that brought it’s own issues. She’d been told she had to marry once before, and while she knew the issue had been the man not the institution… she did not endeavor being told what to do like that. “I think if we’re honest about it and upfront, there will be more respect for the situation.” She stated again, a hint of hope gleaming. The situation being that at the very least Aquene was not ready for a commitment like marriage just yet.

The concern was about excess children in Mereo, bearing responsibility… and if that were the concern, she had ways to ensure she did not conceive if that was what it came down to… they weren’t always the most pleasant, but she could do it if it meant she could still have him.