Ankyra Sound They call me Mr. Tibbs!
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

This thread is skipping time and distance between Ankyra Sound and Larksong Grotto.

Tagging: @Fury

Oh how the time had passed. Slow, dreary, and meaningless; so as Arashi called it. So far, he'd yet to impressed by either view of the land or newly acquaintances. Was there any reason at all to find reverence or interest? Thus far, it seemed unlikely.

Here was a far different chance of scenery. From afar, the rhythmic sound of waves could be heard, many of which currently plummeting upon the bank. The scent was salty; so much so, it could almost be tasted without extending the tongue. It was enjoyable, almost making the behemoth stick around. Though, was it plausible that any wolf in the near vicinity would even allow this? He wouldn't know unless a body made themselves known to exist and inhabit.

This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury, as usual, was patrolling. Sticking close to the claim she has in mind when she's not within the reaches of the Sound itself. She takes great care to comb the forest next to the cliffs; the trees that were the only pathway to the beach. 

The Daywalker is upon the cliffs this day, when she sees a man, big, like her. 
Muscular, like her. 
She's interested in seeing what he's all about.
Seeing if he'd join her in her goal. 

She chuffs softly as she prowls closer, stopping a couple yards away from him to overlook the sights. 
"Beautiful, isn't it?" She purrs, an offering of the start to a conversation. Hopefully, a recruitment.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Arashi's sights were soon altered, moving from the view of the grumbling ocean to the presence of a new voice.

The man's snout veered rather aggressively. Accompaniment had not been expected, especially after the continual disappointment of not being received elsewhere.

Her words were crooned in a simple, soft tone. Was this a way of flirtation? Intended friendship? Or was it of mockery; another hoax, just like the last female he'd come upon.

It is but another shred of the earth. I no longer see beauty in its appearance. Perhaps once when I was young and naive. Now, there is only to see the physical aspects that present challenges and obstacles; as is the way life is lived... another day trying to survive. These were honest words — brutally honest; but then, who was he to lie about his opinions and views? This was his truth, and so he should speak it. The way this new woman would take it, however, was another matter entirely.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She decided to ignore his sneering smile. 
Her pose however was an authoritative one. 

Fury listened to his response. It sounded like something Alduin might've said, if he was a stranger. 
A thoughtful hmm left her lips, before she looked to him, eyes doing a quick once over, the random scars upon him and his physique. 

Analysis. 

"Are you a soldier?" She inquired, patience a steady flame.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A domineering woman, he decided; or perhaps just an ascendant one. As of which would not be confirmed until further time was spent knowing of one another.

She watched him carefully. Observed him. Scrutinized him with an overbearing gaze. Arashi was not fond of such treatment, but was wary and attentive. This one sported a similar size to his own, as well as a decently structured musculature. A worthy opponent, should a scrap result.

I was raised beneath the eye of a true born combatant. Since, my training has been restricted to such... however, I would not see myself lacking in similar areas. Arashi responded firmly, presenting a confidence that warned the woman he would not be so easily forced into submission.

Why had she asked this of him? Did she intend to fight him for entertainment.. or maybe another reason?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury was not swayed by his wariness and indirect warnings. 
Hearing his answer to her, she decided now was a time to give the air of a grandmaster lowering their blade. 

"My name is Fury. I'm looking to lay a claim to this area, and pursue bigger goals once this step is complete." She said, and after a brief beat decided to offer some other information. 

"I am also a seasoned fighter; looking primarily for wolves with combat-related skill sets to forge my ranks." She would pause for longer now, to allow him a moment of thought, to decide if he would want more information or not before making any choices.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Well.. she was willing to pass some form of information. A decent start.

Arashi. He returned, tail dragging thrice against his hind limbs.

There is little purpose to a combatant, else to defend and partake in war. Hence, I would assume your future goal will entail one of two; or both, perhaps. You may think what you will of my assumptions, but I will not question further. That is your choice, of whether you will speak more, or remain silent.

So she wanted a warrior to join her efforts. An interesting proposition.

Where I originated, many titled me "The Hound". I was a tool for the use of others, but had no reward for myself. Tell me, woman by the name of Fury — what is it that you could offer me in return for servitude and obedience? There was always an expectation — something to be gained for complying with another. Arashi was curious now. Perhaps there would be a future with this woman after all. Then he would know more of her ways and mien. 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Arashi, he is called. 
He seems interested and this pleases Fury, gives her a spark of hope for her goals. 
She is unphased by his assumptions, they make sense. And he's not too far from what may be the truth. 

"The Saints are to be a militaristic pack, prioritizing all skills involved in combat before other trades. For your recruitment, I can offer the shelter of the terroritory and all the bounties it has, including prey. The name of the Saints is a negatively infamous one in these Wilds, so in the future, inevitably, I can also offer the thrill of bloodshed and battle if that is something that interests you." Fury proposes, dipping her muzzle slightly as an indication that she is open to hearing him out if negotiations are needed further.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Fury spoke. Arashi listened.

All was spoken clear and concise. Her purpose and desire in him and others were evident. There was little else to explain.

Now, he thought...- hard.

Was it worth accepting?

Only time would tell; and to tell, time would need be given.

You have my attention. Though, to gain my oath, you must first understand one thing: I don't like the domineering type. You may have authority over me, should I join, but don't assume that I will act as some obedient pup. Your commands will be followed, but to be trusted and respected, time must decide whether you are worthy of both.

Arashi was not the type to follow an individual blindly into the mist and fog that was known as the world. They would expect things from him, just as he would of they. If Fury could not accept this, then he could not yet accept her. The end.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A trial period, it seemed is what he wanted to add. 
After the information given and assumptions that might join within that info, she supposed it was only fair. 

And after a few moments, she gave a firm nod of acceptance of his additional terms. 

"If a trial period is what you desire, I accept. " Fury stated. 
He had a point. Especially this early in her work, and especially once it was fruitful, it would be crucial to earn the trust and respect of those who would join her numbers. After all, trust and respect between all packmates is the very foundation that would need to be stronger than the finest steel.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

She agreed. 

A hint of surprise flashed upon his facial, but quickly faded.

So be it. Consider myself received by your claim and sworn to your service... for now, He was careful to add that last point. Should she give him reason to find disdain or disliking, Arashi would not fear turning tail and abandoning her and every promise she had made to him.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled approvingly as Arashi spoke. 
After her time outside of a leadership position, she found herself truly wanting to solidify trust and respect with all wolves who would pledge to her and the empire she saught to raise. 

"For now." She solidified. 
With that, she would begin to turn, a motion in her muzzle as an invitation for him to follow her from the cliffs and into the trees. 

fade? <3
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Fade we shall ^-^

The eased smile would be dismissed; ignored, flatly. There was never a time he thought that softness would be so eagerly sought. Rarely (more like never) would it ever be found upon his expression. A stoic, crude glare would remain.

Fury turned to depart, then beckoned, requesting his follow. It was only second nature to hesitate. Once again, Arashi was being dragged beneath the water of servitude to someone considered another master to use him as they pleased. A time ago, the hound had swore to himself that he would never again fall for such bewitchment — and yet, here he was.

Trudging feet carried him forward, placing him a dozen inches from the woman's flank. Time would tell where this companionship would lead, and whether or not it was meant to last.