Redsand Canyon (M) The needle.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The question fell and she hesitated, hearing the joke and chuckling softly, though uncertain and then she asked for real… for a moment, Aquene considered being a little shit and throwing a name out there like Ruenna or Germanicus… but she valued her own head if it ever got back to them that she had once joked that she had slept with them… “Kallik.” Stated against, a little more clearly for her though it was definitely mouthed. No verbal sound was made… she couldn’t help that she was shy… but the woman could clearly read lips since she was staring at her mouth so… she’d get the point, right?

There was a part of her that wanted to talk all about it, another part of her that hadn’t wanted to give away any information to begin with… and a part of her that wanted to just talk about him in general, though she doubted Towhee wanted to hear about anything sappy or anything like that.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Ha, Towhee rejoined, you got dicked down by Kallik, huh? Well, she didn’t really know what she thought of him, though what did that matter? Aquene seemed happy about it, if a little bit blushing schoolgirl. Towhee suddenly felt like the old hussy she was, which actually amused her.

Are you two together? Or was it more of a one night stand? she wondered. If she was reading the Plebeian right, she was at least open to discussing it, though the instant she wanted to shut it down, Towhee would respect that. Not everybody was as candid about their sex lives as the town bicycle.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She was still not certain what she was looking to gain in sharing this information with Towhee. She nodded shyly at the question. Really, with how open the other woman was, it should make it easier to talk about, but somehow it made it harder… it made her feel like the blushing virgin she often felt she was… the nerd who crept over animal carcasses to study anatomy rather than got out and actually studied anatomy.

The question came and she nodded, though she finally worked up the nerve to speak again. “We’re… dating? Courting? Whatever you want to call it… we’re not married or anything, but… we’re seeing each other.” She was no wife, and neither of them were ready for that. They didn’t know each other well enough for that and they were both working through their own trials as well. It just… took time… but that didn’t mean they couldn’t have fun, right?
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The mention of courting made Towhee smile warmly, even though there was also a sadness to the light in her eyes. Oh, yeah? One of my older daughters is courting a guy right now too. Come to think of it, you’re probably around her age. She’ll be two… hell, right around now. She just switched packs to live with him and if all goes well, they’ll have a litter in spring. Hence: more grandkids. They live in Sapphique, not sure if you’ve ever heard of it?

But, wow, that was off-topic. But back to you and Kallik: I can’t say I have a lot of relationship advice to offer. I only did the relationship thing once, and that was once too many. They’re not for me, which is why you won’t catch me getting married, or—I guess—having any more kids, here in Mereo. But if you ever need advice about canoodling, Towhee finished, making a rude gesture, you know where to find me.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Aquene wanted to ask about the sadness in her eyes, but it didn’t feel like her place. She liked Towhee, and clearly she got along with her enough to talk to her about her sex life… but some personal topics just simply were not on the table yet. Just as the healer would not trauma dump on the woman, she didn’t expect any kind of reciprocity in return. Perhaps it was that she missed her children? It would make sense… there was no bond quite as strong than that of one between a mother and child.

She shook her head at the question. “If it’s around here, I’m afraid not… the only two packs I’m really familiar with are Mereo and Akashingo, and Akashingo only in reference.” She had been explained the interesting dynamics between the outpost and the palace, even if she did not feel she fully understood. “Do you miss them?” She asked softly, curiously with a frown on her features. She knew she missed her mother, and would do anything to see her again… and so a part of her wondered why her children were not there with her… perhaps it was just the finality of it all.

She changed topics quickly, and Aquene took no offense. She listened and Aquene frowned at her statement. “Any reason why… or just… didn’t work?” She was curious about it, about this woman’s ragingly present sexuality but lack of seeming romantic connections. It fascinated her. She snorted softly and rolled her eyes at the gesture. “I think I can handle canoodling just fine… though I think you and I have vastly different definitions of the word.”
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Yes, Towhee answered simply when asked if she missed her children. She missed each and every one of them: Figment, Fennec, Meerkat, Alyx, Primrose, Quetzal, Blackbird, Butterfly, Caracal, Marten, Sapsucker and Sphyrapicus. She even missed Vesper, Prevost, and Peregrine, though she’d barely known them (Prevost, not at all); so much lost potential. And, of course, she missed the hell out of Killdeer.

What makes you say that? she wondered genuinely in regards to canoodling before hopping back to address the prior question. Well, I feel like I wasn’t really built for relationships… but I gave it a whirl, despite that. And it came back to bite me in the ass. Actually—and literally—he grabbed our young son by the neck and shoved him into the dirt. Before that, he broke my sister-in-law’s leg. So I kicked his ass to the curb. So many had questioned her judgment on that but Towhee would never be swayed about it, not now.

That’s where Rue came in. Well, we knew each other before then, but that’s when she really stepped up to the plate for me. Which is why I want to return the favor now… She glanced off in the direction of the leaders’ sex hut palazzo, suddenly eager again to track down the Matrona.

660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She wondered if that was what life was: watching your children disappear after you raise them and missing them for the rest of your life… it seemed cruel, but then, wasn’t life? She hummed softly with sympathy. A raised eyebrow came at her next question. “I thought canoodling was just cuddling… but you made it sound like it involved something a little more gritty.” Perhaps that was her labelling Towhee as the ‘slut’ that she had already claimed to be? Hell if she knew. Either way, Aquene quite enjoyed cuddling. It made her feel safe.

Her eyes widened in undeniable horror as the woman detailed just why relationships had never worked for her. “He did what?” She asked, verbally expressing the horror and disbelief she felt even just hearing it second hand. There was something seriously wrong about a man like that. Did every woman in Mereo have some kind of trauma? First she learned of Ruenna having a man she was afraid of, and Aquene clearly had her own issues… and now Towhee too. Maybe that was why they all got along. Aquene hummed, distracted for a minute as her mind drifted until the mention of Rue came back up, her attention snapping, and she nodded.

Aquene wanted to help Rue too. “She found me, you know… I didn’t find Mereo, it happened the other way around. I’ve been wandering for a long time… I had to leave my home in a hurry, and I was alone and just barely surviving on my own. She was looking for some horsetail in the woods… and she just happened to find a healer and she saw something in me… she gave me a home, a safe place… and I want to help her in any way I can just for that. It's why I'll always do whatever she asks, no questions.” It was truly invaluable, having a safe place to call home.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sometime later, when Towhee revisited this conversation in her mind, she would suddenly remember Aquene referring to sex as “gritty” and laugh herself silly in the privacy of her soldier’s quarters. But for right now, she had one foot in the past and hardly registered the remark.

After Aquene regaled her with her Mereo origin story, the Redhawk could only nod knowingly. Sounds just like Rue. That’s why I think she’ll make a great mother. She’s a natural. Gosh, it really was exciting to think that, two months from now, there would be newborns among them. And they would be her makeshift nieces and nephews, at least in her mind.

I think I’d like to go find her. Don’t worry, I won’t tell her you spilled. And she won’t suspect anything, either. It’s very Towhee to go sticking my nose in her business, the Redhawk said with a cackle. Am I all set? Thanks, by the way. I feel better already. The herbs had helped, though the conversation had done her good too. They did say laughter was the best medicine.

660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
OMG loved this thread so much, as always thank you so much for the thread <3 Fade with yours?
A knowing smile and a nod came to her features when she said that it was very Rue. She was starting to see it, though she had seen something of the opposite when it came to her first interaction with Malila. The Matrona had been upset, and Aquene had understood why… it was never easy with teens, which Malila was indeed. “She’ll make a great mother.” She agreed.

Towhee talked about finding her, and after speaking with her, she had little doubt it was very much like her to pry into the Matrona’s business, especially now that babies were involved. The question came and she nodded, shifting and removing the poultices and setting the moss aside for her to dispose of later. “You’re all set. Don’t be a stranger. You’re free to stop by any time… and if I’m not here just call for me.” As in, don’t go searching for her because if she was doing the devil’s tango, then she did not want a Towhee barging in on that.

After the soldier made her departure, Aquene went about tidying up.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Same!!

Oh, I’ll be back to tell you more tawdry tales and hear more about yours, Towhee promised, patiently waiting for Aquene to remove the poultices. She still had a sort of cud in her mouth, though she kept swilling it around and would dispose of it after she left.

She rolled her shoulders and stretched her legs, offering one last sigh of relief in way of thanks. As the healer set about reorganizing her supplies, Towhee took her leave, bound for Mereo’s housing.