Redhawk Caldera greenleaf
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
All Welcome 
teya went to find @Lilitu. some time had passed since jawahir's arrival, and she was curious to know what conclusion her packmate had decided to find.
it was not for teya to press lilitu in one direction or another.
she searched through the wildwood.
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Eventually, Lilitu's travels brought her into proximity of Teya, and scenting her friend on the wind, she altered course and padded happily toward the woman. She gave a friendly nuzzle upon Teya's cheek, tail swinging freely behind her.

How are you? she asked, cocking her head. It's been a while since we've been alone, just us.

Teya had spent a lot of time with Reyes lately, which Lilitu did not begrudge the woman. She thought she'd caught the smell of a woman's heat in the air—she remembered it, barely, when her mother had become pregnant with her younger siblings—and wondered if pups were now on the way. 

Had Teya been a mother before? she wondered, and as much thoughts these days, the musing brought her back to the impending offer of marriage. . .and her pending decision on the matter.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya smiled. "i well. settling into caldera. so different than fen, but —" she shrugged and winked at the younger woman. "just us now," the raven chuckled conspiratorially. for now she did not mention akashingo or the prince that needed a wife.
the little violet paused to stretch and yawn, clearwater eyes bright and lively, searching as usual for prey. "you happy here?" teya asked, a bit more soberly. the move did not appear to have daunted anyone's spirits, but she wanted to be sure.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
It is. Have you ever lived in the mountains? she asked, forgetting if they'd ever discussed it before. The caldera was a little like, although all on its own, and not within a range. The air was thinner up here; down in the fen, it purled thick, especially in the summer.

They stood in companionable silence for a few heartbeats before Teya asked her own question. Lilitu smiled. I'm happy wherever my family is, she said. That includes you.

But that was at odds with what she had been thinking, lately. Not that she was happy—she was! But if she could be happy without—

What would you do in my paws, Teya? Lilitu queried, giving the woman a direct stare. Would you stay, or go to Akashingo and be married?
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
akashingo. for a moment teya allowed herself to think of the charming fellahin who had treated her so pleasantly. and then guilt to think of how that had occurred whilst reyes had been getting himself into trouble above the mesa.
she cleared her throat. "once i live in mountains. was recovering from broken leg. high up place, many ravens." she would not forget valmua.
"i find i like to not be so high. enjoy being out of mountains," the raven grinned. she bumped her crown gently against the other's shoulder. "brecheliant is first place i felt home. family. you are that too."
akashingo. marriage. she walked in in thoughtfulness for a moment. "i have been to the mesa for wedding between pharaoh and queen. it is very interesting place. i think i would go again, if i did not have reyes." he was the first wolf who had quelled teya's wanderlust, the woman was realizing. "and marriage. well. you still can come home if it is not what you want, lilitu. i come and get you myself," she declared with a lift of her chin.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Touching, that Teya would cast aside her dislike of heights in order to live with Brecheliant. She closed her eyes briefly, enjoying the closeness of the woman. It was as if she had always been a part of the fold; they might as well have been related by blood. Love was stronger.

And she burst out into a smile at the remark, wagging her tail. Thanks, Lilitu giggled, grinning. I'm glad you've got my back.

It sounded so interesting. Pharaoh, Queen, Prince. . . Like something out of a story Wraen would tell.

Maybe that was why she was so drawn to it.

You didn't answer my question, she continued, only half-teasing. Her eyes glimmered, but her face grew drawn and serious. What would you do?
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya sighed in faux consternation. "i would go. just for adventure. i would not care about being married. i leave when i want." she shrugged her shoulders and adde a rakish grin.
"if you do not like it, come home. if you like it, stay until you do not." the raven waved her tail affably. "i come visit. caldera is close to the mesa."
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Teya was her kind of woman. Lilitu drew closer again, nudging her shoulder against the other wolf's. I like adventure, too, she confided, grinning. She didn't know where she got that from. Her parents, perhaps—but sometimes, she wondered if she knew anything about them at all.

Have you ever been in love, Teya? she asked.

It was a loaded question, but Lilitu gazed over at her packmate with gentle eyes; she didn't need to necessarily respond definitively. She was just curious. 

The higher altitude was thin, and she found herself catching more breath than usual.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
i loved your mother.
it was such an insane thought and would be even worse uttered aloud. "yes. once or twice."
ibis, twirling, dancing in the glittering snow.
sundance, eyes filled with an affectionate worry.
"sometimes love not always meant to be, despite what your heart want."
teya drew a deep breath herself, bracing against the deluge of memories soon to cascade down upon her.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
She knew that well, though not in the context of romantic love. Hadn't her family fractured so soon in her life? When she wasn't looking for one, she was mourning another. Her hope for a happy, whole family had slipped through her paws.

A family made up of blood, that was.

Lilitu smiled and pressed her nose against Teya's cheek, briefly closing her eyes. I'm glad you're still here, she murmured. I don't miss Mama so much when you're around.

Teya had truly become a kind of surrogate mother, and had Lilitu known the depths of the woman's feelings for Ibis, she would have approved wholeheartedly.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
the sentiment was so powerful that teya's throat clenched. 
maybe one day, when lilitu was older, she would tell her about ibis. about the moon. 
the raven held the embrace as long as she could and then stepped back with a grin. "maybe we go to fen for a little while," she suggested, eyes glowing with the idea of being back in their first world. "fish. see what the winter has done."
the graves were there. and maia had not received this well. teya waited, tinged with a small apprehension.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Let's fish, she agreed, grinning. The two of them would make their way to the fen, and visit the graves while they were there. 

After that, she had a lot of thinking still to do.

fade? <3