Moonspear pepsi plant
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
Spring was in the air and Caracal, well… Caracal was in love.

@Sialuk had been tending to him with soft-spoken diligence for weeks now, her bedside manner incredible. Just like with @Bridget, watching her work stirred inside him an admiration for her skills and a keen interest in learning from her.

He definitely wanted to be a medic someday. And now he knew what it was like to be a patient. His paw was still a bit tender, though he was able to move freely around the foot of Moonspear, humming under his breath and daydreaming about Sialuk.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
i definitely don’t need more threads but this was too tempting.

Kausuit had left the village, and Sialuk had wished her well on her journey. Thought they had not grown close as sisters, Sialuk had never disliked the girl. She was family, and family was sacred. It was family that brought her back—the spirits of her ancestors, brother, and cousins that visited here.

Caracal had been healing quickly, and Sialuk spotted him up ahead. He had been an easy patient, and Sialuk was confident that he would be back to his full potential soon. The raindrop had always been observant, and it was no secret to her the way he looked at her. Kukutux had taught her well in the ways of boys and men alike.

She greeted him openly, with her tail waving gently between her hocks. You walk with more ease each day, she said, her eyes drifting to the paw he favored.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Daydreams were great, though seeing her in the flesh was always better, even if he couldn’t do everything with her that drifted through his mind. Most if it was wholesome, though there were definitely some dirty bits in there too.

Heyyy, he greeted when Sialuk approached, his face an open book. Thanks to you, he replied, eyes adoring, tail waving. I really owe you one. If there’s anything you need, just ask! Caracal said, wholeheartedly meaning it.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
One day, perhaps, I will need you, she said, the glint of the sun in her eye. For now, she only wished to heal him and further her knowledge of medicine. Healing of bones and tendons was not often an opportunity she had. Anaa was the only other she knew to have such an injury, and Sialuk had been young then, not wholly understanding what went on beneath her mother’s skin.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He felt a little crestfallen about her answer, though only for a moment. She may not need anything from him right this second, but someday she might! Caracal would look forward to that day.

Meantime, I was wondering something. It’s pretty random, he warned her, smiling, before throwing it out there. What causes a wolf to be fat or thin? Like, I’m a pretty skinny dude, but my nephew, he’s… thicc. Why is that?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sia sensed a change in his mood, but it lasted only a moment. She pondered his question for a moment, delving through conversations with anaa. There she found a memory of speaking of putting weight on a wolf who was little but skin and bones.

Mmm, she said, More food than moving makes for more wolf. Sialuk suspected that Caracal’s nephew was either getting more food or moving less than Caracal himself. Nothing to cause concern to Sialuk, as Caracal seemed plenty healthy with her near daily offerings of food.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He pondered her answer for a moment, wondering if this meant he might put on weight since he couldn’t move as much lately and—thanks in part to her—he was eating more square meals than usual. Caracal supposed he wouldn’t mind packing on a few pounds, though that begged another question…

What if I want to put on weight, but I want it to be muscle and not fat? What if I want to, like… get buff? His cheeks flushed slightly as he wondered if Sialuk might like that. Maybe she would find him more useful if he put on some muscle.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk flushed in turn. She knew what he asked. He wished to appeal to others. She understood his wishes, knowing that she was one (if not the target). The raindrop smiled demurely at the young man.

Put muscles to work, she said. Not until leg fully heal, she added. Sialuk would not have her patient exert himself before he was well again. First heal, then grow, she reiterated.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He bit back a sigh when her advice included a disclaimer about his leg. Why did it take so damn long to heal?! He was over it. Caracal didn’t just want to start lifting heavy to beef up for Sialuk, he wanted to be able to move around again in general. Oh man, he would never take freedom of movement for granted again.

There was a complaint on the tip of his tongue, yet he swallowed that too, lest he offend Sialuk. After all, she had done so much for him. Caracal definitely didn’t want her to think he was a whiny asshole either.

Instead, he said, What are you up to today? Maybe I could tag along… if it doesn’t involve a lot of walking? Caracal added with a wry huff.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She grinned wryly at Caracal. He was somewhere between man and boy, as she had once been between woman and girl. It had not been so long ago, and she remembered it with conflict in her heart. Her world had been upended when the strange storm had ruined her home and much of the family she knew. Anaa had been left, and the wayward Antares, but little else. Caracal had not had such hardships, but she did not think him less for it.

We go—slowly—to the wood; collect medicine, she suggested. Put light weight on foot.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
His big red ears quivered at the mention of “medicine.” Oooh, sounds good, Caracal replied, barely hearing her warning at first pass. But because this was Sialuk, he caught himself and nodded, tacking on a playful, Yes, ma’am, as he did what he was told.

Would it be okay to fade here? I’ll be pulling him out of game for now. He would probably let Sialuk know he was hitting the road but I’ll leave that up to you!