Lion Head Mesa leg so hot u fry an egg
Moonglow
Lambda
68 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
on the occasions his wanderings took him away from his father, peregrine never worried overly much. by now, they'd established with one another that a brief absence here and there was nothing to be alarmed about. peregrine would return.

all he wanted was to meet someone. anyone. by himself, on his own terms. seeing phox's connections with other wolves had stirred something in him, a restless and bitter longing for that same connection. peregrine was nearing a year old. it was time to try to make some friends, if he could figure it out. it wasn't like vesper or prevost were coming back.

the redhawk paced at the border of the pack he'd found. this wasn't how he'd pictured this going. he'd wanted to be confident, sure of why he was here and what he was going to say. but now that he'd arrived, he just felt anxious.

can @Crowfeather come out to play? all welcome regardless!
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
If he was going to escape Akashingo, he knew that he would need to be able to make it to their borders. So far, Crowfeather had found that he was only capable of plodding through the halls of the mesa, pressing to the wall for support when he needed it. Time had given him more strength, but he still did not have the ability to move around for long on his own.

The shadow moved slowly along the border, already weary by his journey there. His eyes were fixed on the mountain range to the east. Impulse wanted him to keep walking until he had reached them, until he had seen the yellow of Germanicus’ eyes.

Ahead, there was an unfamiliar shape – a dark figure with silver upon his muzzle. For a moment, Crowfeather’s heart skipped in his chest. Was that the silver eagle? Had he returned? The shadow tried to push forward with more effort, more speed. His heart continued to pound until it filled his throat and ears. When he reached the dark figure, he realized his foolishness.

H- a great huff fell from his lips as he tried to pull air to his lungs. Hello… I- I thought you were someone I knew.
Moonglow
Lambda
68 Posts
Ooc — Twin
peregrine took no notice of the dark figure on the other side of the borders. not at first. his own inner turmoil blinded him to the presence of the other wolf until the distance between them was negligent, and only a truly blind wolf would have failed to take note.

the first thing he noticed was the strange expression on the dark wolf's face. almost as if he was expecting something, but it was gone as quickly as peregrine saw it. i thought you were someone i knew, the stranger explained. an odd, nameless feeling twisted in peregrine's chest.

who? he asked thoughtlessly, forgetting introductions and formalities altogether.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was not until the orange-eyed man spoke – a single word – that Crowfeather realized how fragile he was. If the man upon their borders were to push for an attack, there would be no way to stop him. If he darted into the mesa, the shadow would never catch him. His nerves prickled inside of him before he mustered the courage to lift his gaze to the other figure’s face and answer.

A- A man. His… his name is Germanicus.

Crowfeather did not know why he answered. This stranger didn’t know the silver eagle. Shame burned hot inside of him, rising to his cheeks. How had he not been more mindful? The shadow could feel the heartache that hung on his words.
Moonglow
Lambda
68 Posts
Ooc — Twin
peregrine didn't expect to recognize whoever the dark wolf named, but he did. his aunt, towhee, had spoken of this man. a thrill of excitement shot through him at the unexpected connection, and peregrine didn't think twice before seeking confirmation of what he already knew to be true.

oh, germanicus? the mereo guy, right? the one who married ruenna and — peregrine made a face. i guess they're having kids or something. i don't know. my aunt, towhee, lives with him! and i think my dad might want to live there too. he had no verbal confirmation or even any real hints, aside from how long phox had spent pursuing towhee. that seemed like reason enough, but maybe phox had something else in mind. and peregrine? he was just along for the ride.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
One word became many.

Crowfeather could not understand what was happening. He could feel a coldness creeping across his skin, pressing into his flesh until it had broken the surface and burrowed into his bones.

The one who married Ruenna. But that had only been talk, hadn’t it? Nothing had been decided.

I guess they’re having kids, or something…

None of the other words found Crowfeather. He could not hear – the rapid thrum of his heart in his ears was drowning out all other sounds. The dark figure’s legs quaked and shook. His breathing fell in strangled little gasps. Tears pooled in his eyes, but he could not blink them away before they began to spill. The shadow turned from the stranger, shameful. He did not want to talk anymore.

You must be confused. Honey yellow eyes were fixed on the ground, glazed and distant. That cannot be true. It cannot be true. It cannot.

Crowfeather did not speak to the man again. He turned away from the borders and began to drag his hind leg back toward the mesa.
Moonglow
Lambda
68 Posts
Ooc — Twin
he'd done something wrong. the realization was a cold stone dropped into his stomach, shadowed closely by a grasping panic as the dark wolf started to crumble in front of him. he didn't understand. one moment, they're talking; the next...

the stranger started to leave. hey, wait! what - what's wrong? ever a thoughtless boy, peregrine pursued him. he crossed the border without even a moment of hesitation, easily catching up to the wolf who he now realized was wounded. even this belated realization was fleeting, however; peregrine had more pressing concerns. why did you say i'm confused? did i upset you?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The stranger did not relinquish his company so easily. The man upon their borders attempted to follow, calling out for Crowfeather to wait – to explain himself. The shadow did not want to explain. He did not know if he could form the words without whimpering, without crumbling to the earth as dirt and stone.

No, the seer choked out. He shook his head – again, and again, and again. The motion played over and over as though he could shake the words free from his mind.

I d- don’t know you. His voice was sputtering now.

Go away.