Lion Head Mesa You know the way that I feel
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
Sayf arrived at the pharaoh's quarters, carrying a large chuck of fresh deer from a cache nearby. He had a few reason for visiting @Ramesses this evening. First, he wanted to ensure he had a good meal. The hebsut also wanted to congratulate his master on his heir; he knew the pale god would be proud and excited. Sayf wanted to to give him more gifts he deserved, which was the main reason he was here. And of course, the fellahin yearned to be in the pharaoh's presence always. 

He stopped in the doorway and announced his presence with a chuff. He waited somewhat impatiently to be invited in.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses was in a foul humour.
first one thing, and then another.
when movement sounded behind him, pharaoh turned with a glare. it only relented somewhat when he saw that it was sayf. "enter," he muttered, turning back to his small shelf and three blue stones arranged on its top.
"politics," was all he said by way of explanation.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
The glare he received from the pharaoh was unexpected. Sayf could feel the look in his heart, a stabbing pain that stole his breath for a moment. As the hebsut entered, he racked his brain for anything he had done that might have angered the pale god. Nothing came to mind. He had done his duties and tended to Akashingo...

The pharaoh turned back to the stones that were laid out in front of him. He mentioned politics, and then Sayf realized Ramesses' mood likely had nothing to do with him.

Sayf stopped somewhere behind the pharaoh and placed the meal down. Then he carefully moved to the other man's side. He touched his nose to the god's pale shoulder. Master, I brought you something to eat. He was hoping to distract him and lighten his mood a little.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses sighed. he had missed sayf's expression, wallowing as he was. "perhaps i should eat." 
but in the next it was not the meal for which he came, it was the hebsut himself; pharaoh drew him close, suddenly coarsened with lust and desirous, not only for sayf and his adoration, but for the utterance of the word master and the promise of skill to drown out the loud insistences of his royal position.

after, they lay back. they dined. "now that siptah is here, my task is to plan out his life for him, as my father did for me." ramesses was restored, and it showed in the proud glow of his lazuli gaze.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
The pharaoh knew the comfort Sayf could provide. The hebsut was instantly relieved when his master turned and pulled him close. He knew his words referred to him and not the food he had brought. His heart swelled with the love he felt for Ramesses. He would worship and distract the pale god for as long as he wanted, but that was already something the pharaoh knew. 

-----------

Sayf had moved to rest his head on his paws and stare up at the pharaoh with adoration. He looked more relaxed now, and that knowledge filled the hebsut with validation. Now when his master spoke of his son, there was only pride in his gaze and none of the distress from before. 

He spoke of Siptah and the plans he would need to make for him. Sayf lifted his head. What do you have planned for your heir so far? he asked. He was eager to know the pharaoh's intentions should the hebsut be needed to help make them reality.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"namely his education and his future marriage." he chewed another bite of meat and regarded sayf with the same catlike satisfaction that the hebsut always managed to engender in him. "i want you to be one of his tutors. you know more than this, i know you do."
the lazuli eyes were appraising now. sayf was dedicated. passionate. this would be an honor.
"he will receive education in religion, in diplomacy, basic medical arts, and etiquette. and then i will send him to mereo for a time, to train beneath the soldiers. a pharaoh must be well-versed in all things."
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Marriage and education—both very important for the prince of Akashingo. The pharaoh wanted him to be a part of his son's education. His master's praise spread warmth all over his body; it further deepened the hebsut's infatuation with the pale god. He smiled under the appraising eyes of his master. 

I am honored to be selected as one of his teachers, Sayf answered. He would not let the pharaoh down. 

Ramesses listed out some of the things he wanted his heir to learn; most of them were things the hebsut could assist with. He also planned to send the boy to Mereo for soldier training. Sayf knew he would receive the best training there. 

He was reminded of another way he could help his master, one of the reasons he had come here. 

Pharaoh, he said softly. Would you like me to give you more fellahin? It would be an honor to do that as well, with a fellahin of your choosing. Any of the fellahin women would be a good choice, but it was not his decision to make.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"ah," pharaoh purred smilingly, "this is where my sentiment and yours diverge perhaps." but his tone was teasing and remained light as high-grade linen upon the ears of the hebsut. "suppose i am selfish and do not wish to see you sacrificed to fatherhood?"
but he pondered for a true moment what sayf offered: new servants to be given to his children. "there is only belen and jawahir. i do not think kasmut will be obliged." the paleflower had only lain with him.
he paused, and brought her to the forefront of his mind. suppose he did order that they lay together for the production of more fellahin?
"have you got your eye on one of them?" he ribbed sayf, taking another bite of their meal.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Sayf liked that answer very much. Of course, he would do whatever the pharaoh asked of him, but it made his heart flutter to know that he was selfish where the hebsut was concerned. His smile and the bright adoration in his gaze revealed his thoughts to the pale god. He moved closer and began to caress the pharaoh's neck with his muzzle. Then I will not divide my attention in that way, master, he murmured. 

Still Ramesses seemed to consider it, naming the three women who would be candidates for such an honor. All three were good choices, even if Kasmut might not be happy initially. Surely she would know how important it was to provide the pharaoh with more fellahin, especially with the arrival of his children.

The hebsut smiled and peered up at his god when the teasing question reached his ears. I only have my eye on you, master, he answered softly. Anyone else comes second to me. But I would like to give you this if you decide it will help strengthen your kingdom. He returned to worshiping the pharaoh with his reverent affection while his words settled over them.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
sayf was magnificent in his servitude. ramesses embraced him closer with a sigh and then rolled away, gathering himself up to his paws. pale plume lashed decisively through the air. "i would like you to become my architect, sayf."
the lapis gaze was resolute.
"it was you who settled the priestess. i believe you ready for the task of deciding where my children might be kept." he flicked his ears. "the first decision you will make is whether or not the daughters will be separated." twins, after all. had he yet been told their names? no matter. satsu would name them well.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Within the pharaoh's embrace was the hebsut's most favorite place to be. He pressed into the hold and then was surprised at the sudden space between them. He watched the pale god stand, a soft frown forming on his features. In a perfect world, Sayf would have his master's attention every second of the day, but in this world that was impossible. It was a sad truth made easier by the others he was able to serve when the pharaoh preferred someone else. 

The coyote lifted himself and sat back on his haunches. Ramesses wanted him to be his architect; he wanted him to decide where the prince and princesses would be staying. Sayf's lips twisted some in thought as he considered his first decision. I think they should have separate quarters, he offered after a moment. I will search the mesa for a place worthy of the prince and princesses, the hebsut promised. He would not let his master down.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"i felt the same." he was pleased that they had come to the same accord, that sayf had followed along the unheard lines of the royal thoughts before making his own choices. he reached to kiss one of the servant's sensitive ears, lingering, waiting.
"it will help them develop independently of one another. a daughter is destined for an alliance. but the other might find herself here."
ramesses frowned, a slight fluting of his perfect features.
"are you familiar with the preservation of bloodlines and how it is done elsewhere, sayf?"
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
The pharaoh closed the distance again, placing a kiss to his ear that made the hebsut shiver. He drew in a deep breath as Ramesses continued. He knew there were already plans swirling around in the god's brilliant mind. I am sure they will serve to give you even more power, pharaoh, he softly assured, though his assurance wasn't needed; the pale god knew his power well. I will help to ensure that. As one of their teachers, he could do that.

Sayf leaned into the pharaoh. He looked up, gazing at him like the god he was. Enlighten me master, he answered softly. He knew some from his time serving in his homeland, but maybe things were different here.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"blood marriage, inside the family." it sounded odd to speak aloud. ramesses himself was the product of such things. but insofar as he did not know where this was done, the divine ruler had not seen fit to mention it.
yet sayf had long been his confidant, and who ramesses was had never bothered the other's loyalty.
a half-smile was upon his face. "i do not think our queen will approve. but we are endowed now with god-blood, and it falls to my lineage to be kept so pure."
he pushed such away with a sharp sigh. "i do not wish to plan more now," he sighed against the hebsut's lithe shoulder. "compel me to other things."
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Sayf knew a little about what the pharaoh spoke; it was something done in royal families, and he had no doubt that Ramesses' family was any different. But he was right, Satsu might not feel the same as him about such things. I think you are probably correct about your queen, he agreed. But maybe she can be made to see the importance of purity in a bloodline such as yours. Sayf wondered how the queen could say no to anything the pale god wanted from her.

The hebsut was eager to give the pharaoh a distraction from his tedious planning. Whatever you want, he answered, a smile curving his dark lips. Master, he added a moment later as his teeth found the spot where the pharaoh's muscled jaw shifted into neck.