Ankyra Sound I was meant for a life somewhere else.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
All Welcome 
After settling for the day in Barrow Fields, Kigipigak chose to distance himself from his family for a few hours. Sakhmet kept an eye on the boys and had Cerne with her, in case anything were to go amiss.

The cliffs were a ways off still. Kigipigak got as far as the edge of the Sound, then tilted his head back and sang a greeting note for @Njord, as he did not know many of the other wolves that called the cliffs home. It was a whimsical thing; he had no idea if Njord was nearby or if he still remained bound to the coast at all, but he wanted to check in on the man.

Or, more accurately, show off the life he'd built. It wouldn't exist without the help of Njord or his son in those initial days.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I hope this is okay? If not i can certainly delete it. But throwing Gunnar at you. :)

Gunnar had been tracing the footfalls of his youth, but he had been sticking close to the coast. This was home for him, life for him, he had missed the sea. So long he had been on his own, loner, solo, he found that as he aged, he craved something social. He craved friendly words and stories told from deep in his minds eyes. Perhaps it was to know he wasn't long dead, that he hadn't wasted his life. Maybe that was he hunted for someone, something, anyone to talk too.

It was with the urge for social niceties, and a gentle chuff he answered the call from afar. The voice that rang along the sound, did not call for him, but it spoke of a story someone wanted to tell. So he followed it, compulsively, quickly as his 8 year paws could go. He yearned to hear the story the other wished to tell. 

Perhaps the other wanted nothing more than someone to tell them they were proud of them. Gunnar couldn't describe how much he wished he still heard his mother or his father say that. He had always wanted them to be proud.

Finally, he crested and the young male came into view. And he was young, he still held the look of youth, but he had long since passed the age.  He carried scars, and had a noble bearing. Gunnar let a gentle chuff and a simple wag of his tail. He held himself neither above or below the young male in front of him, after all they were on neutral ground.

Hello. I hope I'm not intruding.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
934 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Scarcely anything tore Njord’s attention away from Meerkat and their children, but Kigipigak’s call was a special exception. It had been many moons since their last meeting, and the seafarer had wondered how his land and family had fared. Respect grew where there once was rocky resentment, and Njord considered the man to be an important ally.

He broke their borders and arrived at the Sound to see one of Sapphique’s newest recruits, an older male, already exchanging pleasantries. Gunnar, if the grapevine was correct.

“Kigipigak,” Njord called out as approached, making the duo a trio. “It’s good ta see you! How ‘av you an’ Sakmet been farin’ on tha river?”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
It was not his friend that answered. The older wolf approached with an easy swagger, greeting Kigipigak. The sangilak sniffed the air and found traces of Sapphique's scent upon the air, so this was not entirely a stranger—this was a companion to Njord. With that figured out, he was more at-ease.

I greet you! He answered; before he could say more, the redtail came climbing up the embankment and called to Kigipigak directly. Kigipigak's tail swayed briefly and his voice boomed forth, Njord!

We have been well. Sakhmet has blessed me with a pair of sons! Laughter poured in gregarious heaps from Kigipigak. He had not forgotten the old man, but he was too busy flaunting what greatness had been given to him.

They are big enough for travel, so we planned to visit the village of Moonglow. We have some days of travel ahead but, since our camp is near I thought — my friend! Njord! He should come and meet them! Another peal of laughter, fading softly.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I'm going to take Gunnar out of here as it fits his personality to let two friends be :) <3

Gunnar smiled at the greeting. And He was about to speak when the other's friend greeted him. He didn't know Njord well, but he knew him. And his wife was sweet as could be. He shifted and dipped his muzzle.

He turned back towards Sapphique and spoke. I bid you both a good day. Many congratulations on your sons. Enjoy your catchup.

His voice was easy genial. He did not suffer for their happiness. He was happy for them both and he refused to intrude upon this friendly meeting, especially if Njord was going to meet his friends pups. That would be rude and unkind to push himself into that scenario.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>