Overture Downs Set the Sails
84 Posts
Ooc —
Conception 
Just to make timeline stuff easier, set before Merrick and Laurel are discovered to be dead.

@Thade

She roved with the intention of predator, cutting through the darkness after having stolen away from Ursus. They wouldn’t miss her, she figured. Her needs, it seemed, would not be answered there- so she roamed abroad, occasionally uttering a low, crooning call- a summons. Her ullulating calls wove their way through the clearing and the surrounding areas. 

She’d reflected on a conversation she had had with Merrick some time ago; she already saw the irony. She’d wanted a king, and to have heirs- and she knew how fickle it was for her now to seek patronage from any random stranger whether or not they had skills or desirable genetics. If only she’d known how powerful her instincts would become when possessed by such strong hormones, she might have chosen her words better. 

Regardless of that small, dogging thought, she knew still what it was she desired- and she called out again into the darkness, so that it might bring forth her king.
62 Posts
Ooc —
Instead of beckoning a king, there came a boy - not even a prince - to answer her calls. He was old enough, surely, but Thade was inexperienced in the way most boys his age were. He didn't know how to lead, and he wasn't brave enough to fight without support. He could barely take care of himself as things were. And he certainly didn't know anything about procreation. In fact, he actively avoided females on principle. If they weren't his packmate, she-wolves simply could not be trusted.

But all his misgivings about the fairer sex were thrown out of his mind as he followed the voice and came across the scent of her. He was immediately driven to track her down, effectively abandoning his journey to the Bypass, where he knew his father to be. Thade howled a return, hoping that surmounting the next dark hill would reveal her to him.

His stomach clenched with anticipation. For what, he couldn't be sure.
84 Posts
Ooc —
The voice that reached her ears rang with anticipation, and she halted in her trek so that he might catch up with her. Briefly, she groomed herself again, so that her coat might show off its healthy sheen, and so she might best catch his eye. She marked the area, making sure to lay it thick with her perfume like a spider spinning it’s web.

When she caught sight of him, she did her best to seem innocent, sweet and fey, allowing her usually sour features to show a pleasant smile, and tilting her head just so that her lilac eyes seemed to glisten when she looked at him, and only him.

A dark creature, much like her. Young, without noticeable promise of bulk and no scars to speak for experience but a patch on his chest where the fur was missing. Easily forgiven, of course. With a low, crooning note, she moved toward him, her tail swinging low at her hocks. She licked her hips and lowered her head  in deference, hoping this gentle guise might invite him in.
62 Posts
Ooc —
In the dark, she was but a wisp of a shadow, and yet she stuck out to him like the moon on a cloudless night. Her scent bathed her, masking any flaw or ill will and veiling his eyes to reason. She was a pure delight to his virgin nose and glorious because of it. She was a creature to be worshiped, and oh - she was reverent of him, a lowly peasant. The starving beggar, supplicated by a queen.

He didn't know she was just as needful, even more so.

He had no standard, no control, and a whine caught in his throat as he beheld her up close. He was afraid to touch her, though every part of him (and every part of her) implored him to. Instead, he asked with uncertainty: wh-who are you? Why do you smell like.. well, like that? There was no way he could describe it, but it was the sweetest scent on earth.
84 Posts
Ooc —
He was drawn in like a ferry pulled across a calm river, with each moment drawing closer and closer. She saw the way he scented the air, and read caution in the flick on his ears but she told herself to remain calm, to keep up this inviting guise so that she wouldn’t frighten him off.

With the youthfulness of his features, she guessed he was the same age as her and to her…That was indicative of a lack of experience. His question was sweet, and should have been endearing- but Ash was just about consumed by just and desperation. She had to struggle in order to keep herself from shooing him off if he didn’t actually know what this scent meant.

”I need you,” She said, closing the distance between them so she could reach out, and feather her teeth gently through the fur along his shoulder. ”Do you want me?” She asked, leaning her shoulder against his as though to insist that there was only
One correct answer.
62 Posts
Ooc —
Thade was bewildered into stiff acceptance as the nameless she-wolf spilled towards him, confident and irrepressible. His entire vision became consumed by her, and the nightblue backdrop faded to a subconscious black. He could see nothing except her; there was nothing beyond the flashes of white placed with enticing thoughtfulness against her coal-gray coat.

He wanted to draw his tongue admiringly - passionately - across the pallid bridge of her nose, and bury his face against the alabaster split down her chest. He had never wanted to touch anything more than he wanted to touch her, right now.

I need you.

Her words triggered the memory of a conversation he'd had once with his traveling companion. Older than him by a year; a true Casanova. What did he say again? She wanted me - no, she needed me! And I couldn't refuse. Not with that - He tried to stay in his head, but she was touching him, tethering him to the present.

Do you want me?

Thade was dumbfounded. I-I-I... Rattled and cotton-tongued, he struggled to find the words. I mean, to be honest, I don't think I-I've ever wanted anything more. This was a lie, of course, but he could not remember what he had ever wanted before this female in this moment, so it was the truth to him.

But I've never... you know... well, I've only heard about it. I wouldn't, I wouldn't know what to do. He couldn't help the way his tail wagged and his throat constricted at the thought of her in his embrace. He wasn't sure why he wanted to hug her, but he couldn't help it, and though he was without any understanding on the matter, he couldn't stop himself from attempting to circle her, his nose probing experimentally along her spine.
84 Posts
Ooc —
His touch sent pulses of static rippling down through her spine, igniting her desire and satisfying the hunger inside of her that felt sure that it would win this victory. The young man was entranced; a virgin obviously, and she had to stifle a giggle when he actually admitted it. 

”Oh, sweet dove, yer body knows wot it wants,” She said, leaning against him. She pressed her hip against his, and with a coy giggle, she ducked her head and slipped her muzzle behind his elbow. Being exceptionally small and nimble, she slipped forward, ducking beneath his chest so she could slip between his front legs. There, she sat for a moment, leaning back against his chest, muzzle tilted back invitingly as she beckoned him with a wink of one lilac eye.

She stood, then, and chuffed to symbolize both encouragement and consent as she continued to beckon him with the glint of her eye over her shoulder. She was braced for an attempt that would likely be clumsy and awkward but at least this time, she felt success was tangible.
62 Posts
Ooc —
If he had any of his wits about him, Thade might have noticed that she wanted to laugh at him. It probably wouldn't have changed his mind, but it would at least have been something to recall later, after the heat of the moment passed. As things were, he felt both distractedly unaware and intensely focused at the same time; seeing her, but not really seeing. It all felt like he was in a dreamlike daze, where every red flag looked like candy and every alarm bell sounded like sweet music.

Her voice, her accent, reached down deep inside him, tugging at his very core. He wanted her badly, and he didn't know why or in what way, but nothing seemed capable of drawing his evergreen eyes from her derriere. She slipped beneath his arm, and after much awkward fumbling --

(You know the rest.)

Once all was said and done, he turned to her in awe, he himself bathed in a dizzy afterglow. In his foggy mind, she was just as enthralled. Thade's tail wagged, and he ducked his head in sheepish reverence. That, that was... He searched for the word on his tongue. Amazing? No. Incredible? That was incredible.

He tried to meet her eye, and his ears pressed forward anxiously, eager to know something. Does that make us - I mean, are we... mates, now?
84 Posts
Ooc —
So long as she got what she wanted, she’d entertain him. She would perform as much as was necessary, though it seemed he needed very little convincing. While she found his inexperience a bit fumbling, and left her wanting, she was still satisfied with the fact that he might have done just enough to get her what she wanted. It was a pity she hadn’t found someone with a bit more know how and experience but she’d take what she could get.

And she would play into his blissful delusion- because she couldn’t be certain that she’d conceive from just one union and would want to coax him into at least one more round. So she leaned into his dreamy state with a sigh and a smile- and while she didn’t pull away in surprise, her eye did twitch. 

Mates? 

She could dive into a lie without taking a breath and simply drown in her own stories- but how far was she willing to go  for this? Would he follow her around forever? The thought of having him lope after her like a lovesick puppy made her want to bail- but she gave it a moment of consideration. What did she have to lose? 

”I…I think so, aye,” She said. She looked eager, almost pleased for a moment- before a thought appeared to cross her mind, causing her to dawn slightly. ”That is…If….If you’d want me.” She said, and gazed up at him with doleful lilac eyes.
62 Posts
Ooc —
When she paused to consider his question, Thade hardly noticed. He could hardly notice anything other than her scent still; his unclear thoughts only wanted more or her. As much as she would give. He didn't know a thing about this wolf, not even her name, and he certainly hadn't introduced himself, but none of that seemed to matter. He craved nothing right then except for her to be with him.

It was a feeling far from any sort of romanticism, but every cell in his body felt irrevocably anchored to her. He smiled - no, beamed - at her answer.

Yet, when she looked up at him, unsure for a moment, she suddenly seemed terribly small, when before she had been giant and all-consuming, all around him at once. It was the first time he noticed the size of her, quickly followed by a realization that her eyes were a soft, flowery hue - like his father's.

Of course I want you, he readily assured her, almost confused that she could think otherwise. I-I've never felt like this about anyone. I mean, I, I just want to howl and tell everyone! His excitement suddenly quailed a little. Well, hon-honestly... I don't actually know anyone... He looked down at his feet, flustered. But I still want everyone to know.

He thought of Rivenwood, and his face lit up again as he looked at her. He wanted to take her there, introduce her to Mahler, but then he realized he didn't know her name. Uh, it's kind of... His face scrunched up as he thought of the word. Embarrassing? To, uh, ask you this now... but, what do I... what do I call you? My name is Thade.
84 Posts
Ooc —
He fell for it, just as she’d anticipated. Well, at least now she had someone she could potentially use and better yet, he wasn’t associated with anyone. He had no one to tell- no pack to be obliged to, so nobody could hunt her down afterwards. This one she could keep around long enough to satisfy her needs, and then ditch.

And if she had to play the blushing newlywed in order to do so, then what of it? 

”Thade?” She exhaled. She’d need to remember that name. She nodded and exhaled with a giggle. ”I’m kinda on me own as well, denna anyone ‘round ‘ere sure. Ae’m Thistle,” She said, batting her eyes at him, as she drew closer to him yet again. ”Thistle….We’ll, wot’s me last name now?” She asked. Surely he had one, right?
62 Posts
Ooc —
i suck! really sorry about the wait <3

Thistle, he murmured, taking great care to experience the feel of her name on his tongue. Thade sighed as she pressed into him again, and he settled his chin happily atop her dainty crown. Innocence seized the wanderer, making his tail wag in contented swoops, while he wondered if this was how his Papa felt about his Mama.

He stilled a bit when she asked for a last name. Oh... Would she reject him if he didn't have one? He couldn't make one up quick enough to lie, but he hesitated to tell her the truth all the same. I only have the, the one name. I guess I was never, uh, given a last one. His stuttering had calmed somewhat, and though he remained nervous about displeasing Thistle, she had agreed to be his mate, so on some level he thought he could relax a bit.

I could... ask my father about it? I was going to visit his pack in the bypass, not too far from here. He lives there with my sister, and I see them every now and again. You could, y'know, meet them, if you want. Thade worried about overwhelming her with his relatives, so he quickly added: O-Or! I could just take your last name? I-I wouldn't mind.