Northstar Vale galdra
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
589 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Every day, her heart hardened as Druid made her way in the world, entirely alone save for the serpent wound around her heel. She’d trained herself to avoid thinking of her mother, sister or Rivenwood at all, focusing instead on surviving on her own. It proved an effective distraction, particularly as her hunger rapidly eclipsed her ability to catch enough sustenance.

Rawboned and weary, she found herself in a misty valley one overcast afternoon, seeking fresh water to fish. The stone walls on either side were somehow comforting as she finally stumbled across a stream winding through the center of the vale. Sighing, Druid settled on its shore and caught a glimpse of her own gaunt face in the still waters.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He kept to the mountains for now. The warming season made him hesitate to socialize with others too often, for the melting of snow usually brought about the moodiness of a female in heat and the aggression in a male seeking her sole attention.

Briefly, he wondered if Trench had found himself a mate—or, for that matter, if his mother had determined to cast aside her lonely heart and attempt a relationship once more. Her claim that none other could measure up to their father was a constant declaration from the ivory matriarch, and the pain that fell to her eyes at each mention of the fallen man resolved Argent in his own determination to never fall victim to the whimsies of love.

The sun hid behind the clouds above, the skies almost dreary. As the large rogue meandered along the vale, it was the sight of an ashen she-wolf that appeared almost as gloomy as the heavens above, and remaining quiet, Argent contested with himself as to whether or not he should interrupt her peace.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
589 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
As she stared at her own reflection, Druid knew she must also face the facts. If she didn’t seek out the support of fellow wolves, she might perish. It was true she meant to leave her old life behind, yet she didn’t want to die. Her chest tightened.

She looked up sharply when she sensed someone nearby. Druid hadn’t seen or spoken to anyone in nearly two weeks now. She saw no one now. She swept to her feet and turned, scouring the surrounding forest with all her senses, certain that she was not alone.

Show yourself, Druid whispered at length.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her demand was met without resistance. Having not meant to stalk the shadows with deception, the silver cloaked man drifted forward, his muzzle canted lightly as if he could pacify her concerns. “Sorry,” he offered instantly, his tail curling lightly in the air as he took her in. His eyes taking in her own mismatched gaze with slight intrigue.

“I was awkwardly trying to decide if you wanted company or not.”
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
589 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
A gray wolf with icy blue eyes slipped into view, drawing nearer. Druid’s muscles tensed. She felt Bracelet squeeze tighter around her wrist in response, the snake’s familiar grip a comfort. Her eyes remained riveted on the man as he apologized and explained himself.

She didn’t want company but Druid couldn’t deny that she needed it. Suddenly, her eyes shifted side to side as she wondered if he was alone. She thought she’d smelled the presence of wolves when passing into the vale, yet the scents had been rather faded. Druid tensed again, wondering if she had been mistaken.

Do you live here? she queried before deciding to ask outright, Does a pack reside here?

I apologize, but I am going to be dropping this character. Would you like to fade it with your next post? Or you can simply archive it here, whatever works best for you.
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She questioned him--but his eyes drifted down to the snake that wrapped around her wrist. Having stepped upon a garden snake or two in his years and having that unwelcome squeeze against his limbs, he wasn't sure why she remained so calm about it. He would have shaken that thing off long before--and so his gaze became pointed.

When it became apparent to the silver wolf that she held no desire to rid herself of the creature... rather, it seemed a companion of sorts, Argent swallowed his offer to help her take care of the unsavory thing that clung to her.

Instead, politely, he informed her if there were any packs here, he wasn't from them, and he definitely didn't know much about the surrounding lands. It was an unproductive meeting, but the wolf would slink away with a perturbed feeling in the end.