Nimbus Summit captive on the carousel of time
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Pack Activity 
Participation in this thread is completely optional, even for those who have been tagged. All members are assumed to be present including NPCs and those who are currently in their two weeks of grace. If your wolf is not present, just shoot me a quick PM and I'll edit accordingly. 

Please allow Issorartuyok and Tuuluuwaq to post first, then have at it!

@Issorartuyok, @Tuuluuwaq and @Lane gathered their wolves at the peak of the Summit. The moon shimmered as a sliver in the darkening sky. It was time to make Atautsikut's claim known to all of the Hinterlands. Lane had delayed the pack howl for some weeks, waiting for @Calida to make it to the territory. It would not have felt right, to initiate the howl with a member of their family still missing.

"Atautsikut," Lane addressed the pack first. "We'll begin the howl in a minute, but first, we have some news. I wanted to let you know that Tuuluuwaq and I have become mates, and from now on, we will be your beta pair." Lane turned to press the bridge of her nose into Tuuluuwaq's shoulder in a loving gesture. Her happiness was evident in her bright eyes and broad smile, and it was clear that she did not see the step down from alpha status as any true loss. In her eyes, she had gained far, far more than she had given up. 

Lane paused, thinking Tuuluuwaq might want to say something to the group, now that he was officially a leader. Of course, Issorartuyok would also want to speak, perhaps to announce his own mateship. Antha had informed Lane of the happy news already. Not for the first time, Lane wondered if Issorartuyok would offer Antha the alpha female position.

When Tuuluuwaq and Issorartuyok were finished speaking, Lane would move the meeting on to the next order of business. 

"@Wayfarer, @Veteran, @Ensio@Arius, and @Heda please step forward." When the young wolves had presented themselves, Lane would continue. "You have have grown into fine young men and women, and are children no longer." Speaking the words aloud made Lane's heart squeeze tightly. How had nine months flown by so quickly? "Now you will each hold the Iota rank while you think about your own next steps. You may choose to become an adult member of Atautsikut, or you may choose to disperse. Take all the time you need to decide, and you are welcome to do some travelling on your own while you soul-search."  With a nod of finality, Lane looked to Issorartuyok to conclude the meeting. 

He was their alpha, and so it fell to him to begin their claiming song.

Edit: Ahhh, I can't believe I forgot Heda! Edited to fix it. I'm so sorry. ;-;
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
omg i'm sorry D: this totally slipped my mind

Tuulu stood proudly at Lane's side; he was beyond excited to be able to call her his mate, and he was eager to share leadership duties with her and his brother. 

When she nudged him, he looked down at her and offered a small curve of his lips, his expression holding adoration. 

But now wasn't the time to get lost in his feelings for Lane. He should say something to the pack; it was appropriate for his position as beta. The younger Tatkret looked out over the wolves that had made the long journey to their new home. I want our new home to be a place we all feel safe, he started. I ask that if any of you have a problem to please bring it my attention, and I will do my best to find a solution. He wasn't normally a nervous man, but talking to the pack in his new position was a little nerve-racking. I am honored to be your beta, he added with a dip of his head. 

He felt there was nothing more that needed to be said, so he would turn things over to his brother.

When Lane spoke again, it was to address the young of Atautsikut; she was promoting them to the adult ranks if they wished to stay in the pack, and he supported her completely. They had all proven themselves over and over again. Tuulu looked out over the soon to be yearlings, his gaze holding pride. He was excited to see what they all would do with their bright futures. Even if some of them chose to leave, he knew they were prepared; he wished them only the best and, of course, he would hope that they chose to return one day.
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
pping Siku in this :)

Imaq found herself on the fringes, her son close by her side -- and @Rye presumably to join them there. It was fitting, given how little she had been involved in things. Even so, it sent a cold sting resounding through her heart and the she-dog resolved then and there to make this tribe her own -- even if it was no longer the same as when she first joined with Wintersbane so long ago. Life had gotten in the way but she was proud to call herself a wolf of Atautsikut. Surely, a woman of the north could find a place amongst this village when it was so close to the one she'd been born in. 

Her seaglass gaze flickered down to Sikuliak with a reassuring smile, though she felt guilt in her heart. He'd found himself on the outskirts similarly. Because of her. 
"It does not matter," she murmured to her son in soft wisps, the words meant for his dappled ears alone. "You will be amongst them soon enough. Some springs take longer for the ice to thaw, just as not every gull chick takes wing as soon as the others." The wolfdog pup too would find his place, even if what he had suffered meant he did not progress as quickly as the other children. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."