Lion Head Mesa gold drenched
Akashingo
NPC
190 Posts
Ooc — Box
All Welcome 
From his high perch, Akhtar greeted the sun with enthusiasm, his voice ringing, welcoming, bringing forth the day with praises of the sun.

Deep in his head, though, the thoughts spun, out of control. Akhtar was a good priest, had been a good boy until the flounce of the Fellahin had turned his eyes astray. Who was he now? But who was he before, something whispered.

A stray, the deposed prince, so lonely and so so sad? Who wouldn’t have fallen for the whiles of the fellahin? He was a man, a priest, a higher up. They looked to him, came the coo, for guidance from their gods. The gods of the conquerors, who deposed him, who killed his father, who had ruined his life.

Why wouldn’t he be bitter? Why wouldn’t he relish in wealth? Why tell truths, when lies would get him further.

He shook his head and continued his chanting.
English|Farsi|Arabic
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
It was rare for the queen to be away from her brood. She found a way, before the dawn, by calling for the fellahin to take her place.

It was becoming easier for her to extricate herself from the lives of her children. That was something she would never openly admit, but it was the truth. They were slowly transitioning from being only her's to belonging to all of Akashingo, as intended of royal blood.

She followed the sound of low chanting until she was outside, and there, she crept along until the sunlight was upon her face. It was warm but not overwhelming; there was an openness here that Satsu craved, given how many days she'd spent within her quarters, surrounded by the needs of the newborns.

As her eyes opened, she saw the man bent in prayer, but said nothing lest she disturb him.
Akashingo
NPC
190 Posts
Ooc — Box
Akhtar’s head rose eventually, supplication done for the time being. Now, he would rest. The saluki stretched his body out, wiggling his toes, tail curling in on itself, before he stood straight. 

He gave a short noise, giving one limb an odd shake, before he was turning to go back down the Mesa. Perhaps Belen wouldn’t mind bringing him a meal? It was out of his way to go himself, after all.

Brown eyes found the shape of the queen, and the priest stopped in his tracks, head snapping up, before he was dropping into a deep bow.

Forgive me, highness. I did not notice your approach. Internally, Akhtar cursed himself, his body held stiff with tension. Who knew the tempers of royals? Akhtar did not.
English|Farsi|Arabic
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
He was an odd thing indeed. Wiry. His coat sparse, which was saying something given Satsu's own prevalent summer coat. Long, everywhere. Akashingo drew such varied beasts together.

No, I should apologize. I saw you there and - ah, did not wish to intrude. She felt her cheeks grow warm. He held the affect of one of the mountain priests from her home; there within her father's han, the holy men would walk the steep paths.

Do you... believe as my husband does? Satsu would be careful with her questions out of respect, and clearly held a curiosity about herself.