Nimbus Summit Respite
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: suggestion.

For @Tuuluuwaq <3

Calida was still not certain of her pregnancy - no doubt Lane would be able to help her with it later on down the line - but she didn't have the time to worry about that right now. It was time for her to explore the summit, and reconnect with her packmates; she'd been gone almost another season, this time finding Iota and bringing him home with her, along with her... other adventures. The sun was high in the sky as she travelled, looking out for any landmarks or points of interest; she'd yet to be given the tour of the place.
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu was exploring their new home as well, and now he was headed to the borders for a patrol. He came upon Calida's scent while on his way and slightly altered his path to catch up with her. 

He gave a low chuff as he came up behind her. Calida, he said amiably. How are you? They had all traveled a long distance to be here, and hadn't really caught up with his packmate since arriving at the summit. He hoped her journey had not been difficult.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida heard the chuff just as she picked up his scent. The red female grinned broadly as she half-turned to face him. "Tuuluuwaq!" she greeted him, tail waving gently. "I'm... well, I'm glad to be home, I'll tell you that," she chuckled. Then, she asked, "And you? I was just starting to have a look around — maybe you could show me your patrol route?" She wanted to get back to work as soon as possible, if only to make things a bit more normal.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
He was also happy to be home. So far, things had been much more peaceful. 

I am well, he told her with a smile. And to her question, the Tatkret nodded. Of course, he said. He would start to head towards his usual afternoon route. 

I am relieved that things are going well here; I think we all deserve some peace. It was the main reason for his reluctance to jump in and help the Rivenwood wolves; their battle had nothing to do with Atautsikut and now they lived much too far away to be of much help.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
The glacier and the mountain were similar in their ruggedness, and as Calida followed after Tuuluuwaq, she found herself stunned by the views the summit offered her. From the peak, surely they would be able to see the entirety of the hinterlands.

"I agree. Can you tell me anything about the surrounding areas?" Knowing their own land would be step one of settling into her new home, but knowing who and what might be around them would serve to make her a better guardian. Calida had met a few wolves on the coast, and had smelled several groups she'd steered clear of. but hadn't met any others in the hinterlands yet.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu stopped to mark a tree and then scraped his nails through the bark for good measure. When he continued walking, he returned his focus to his packmate. So far, there has been no trouble from what I can tell. There had been the wolf he and Veteran had found, but nothing ever came of that. And now they were considering an alliance with the pack in the strath. 

The lands here are beautiful and full of life. I think this was the perfect place to move. He held a lot of hope for their future here on the summit.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida watched Tuuluuwaq scrape his nails through the bark of a tree, and she let loose a low howl that would no doubt carry for miles. The news of no trouble was good news, but still Calida was apprehensive; she brushed it off as just adjusting to change, and smiled. "Perhaps I'll explore the surrounding areas later."

His next words she knew to be true — from what she'd seen of the hinterlands, they were lush and seemingly untouched. Much better than what the taiga had become. "I did meet a man on my way here. He mentioned his family had lived here for a time after they had to leave their original territory... something about a flood." She grimaced lightly, then shrugged. The mountain did seem to provide.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu was interested in this new bit of information. He lived here, on this mountain? the beta asked. A flood sounded like something they should watch out for then. He would hate to set up a life here and then lose everything. They had all already been through enough, and this was supposed to be their sanctuary. 

He would stop to mark another tree before falling back into step with Calida.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida nodded, moving to mark a shrub as she told the beta, "Yes, he said it was a good place to settle. It saved his family, and now it saves Atautsikut." She moved to a stony ledge, eyeing the drop — a fall here would be lethal. Her claws flexed into the rock, and then she moved away. "We split up soon after that. I don't even remember his name," she shrugged, then continued down the pathway.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Then maybe this land is blessed with good fortune, Tuulu told her. So far, he had no reason to think any differently. His family would extend soon and they had plenty of food to feed their growing pack. Most importantly, he had Lane. He hadn't come here with any intention of falling in love or taking a mate, but he was drawn to her from the moment he met her.

The beta stopped to rub against a bush, leaving some of his cotton-like undercoat in the branches. What about you, Calida; what would like to do here? And how can I help you? She had come a long way from the injured woman he had saved from the icy river. He knew she could do anything she wished, and he was grateful she chose to stay with Atautsikut.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida had not really thought about what she wanted, outside of being a good guardian. She mulled the question over while she scratched her side against a tree. It caught her pale undercoat, leaving strands. A good marking, if an unintentional one. She told her friend, "I... just want to work on my training, I think." She had had the chance at kids, but it hadn't took. She wasn't necessarily disappointed — she would rather be prepared before children. Looking to Tuuluuwaq, she said, "Thanks for showing me your route, I'd better be off, though." She smiled, then bowed her head and left.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.