Hideaway Strath Now I'm a thousand miles away again
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
Not sure who would come with Lane, but she will have invited @Issorartuyok, @Tuuluuwaq, and @Rye (if's he's back yet) on this ambassador's trip to meet with the Saints. Any member of the Saints who wishes to greet them is welcome, just know we'll have to be vague about who from ATK is present until everyone who wants to participate has a chance to get in.

Lane drew to a halt at the border laid across the outer Strath, assuming that this was the home of the Saints. She had met with the Saints' messenger twice now-- once to receive the invitation to meet with @Fury, and again when she came by scouting for some missing pups. Lane had a mother's heart, and it went out to whichever of the Saints had lost her children. 

Atautsikut lifted a howl to announce their peaceful presence, requesting an audience with the Saints' leader or leaders.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The northern man had agreed to travel with Lane. He didn’t feel it would be wise to send only a small party. If three of them went together, they would be safer. It would not suit the mountain pack to have their Beta pair assaulted or worse at the borders of an unknown claim. Word was that the wolves could have been a danger. Issorartuyok was not certain he liked that. 

Drawing up beside Lane, he scanned the territory ahead with a shrewd stare. He was not sure if they would meet their party or not, but he hoped that all would go well. Their village could not suffer the hardships of anything else, not after what they had endured.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
some minor PP of @Credence, please lmk if I need to change anything! <3

Fury heard the call from her whelping den,  and, not willing to risk losing her remaining children too, brought them along with her to the border. 
@Sovereign and her sister kept up well enough despite the far distance. She hoped to not push their little bodies too much before they were ready though. 

"You're our neighbors, I assume?" She asked. Her tone hinted at the motherly exhaustion on her face, the underlying worry she didn't speak of aloud about her missing kids... either way, she would assume the answer was yes, and continue speaking after a brief beat. Hopefully she didn't talk over someone. 
"Welcome. I wished to introduce myself sooner, but when we got here I was already about to give birth. I apologize for the inconvenience." 
The apologetics were genuine. As were her emotions. She didn't have the fucks to give about masking them recently.
"I'm Fury, leader of The Saints. These are two of my children, Sovereign, and Credence." She'd offer immediately after. 

She'd already spoken a bunch, and mindful of this, the Warchieftain silenced herself with her daughters by her forelegs.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu had gladly agreed to go with Lane. He liked the idea of traveling with her and his brother and Rye if they joined. On the trip to their new home, the Tatkret and realized just how much he enjoyed long journeys and speaking to other packs. 

He also didn't like the idea of Lane leaving without him. He knew she would be safe with his brother, of course, but the idea of staying home while she left made his chest tighten. 

When they arrived on the presumed borders of The Saints, he was sure to come up on Lane's other side so that she was between to the two Tatkrets. She was the first to speak when they were met by a large, scarred woman, which was unsurprising. They would learn that the woman's name was Fury. His gaze moved to the two pups that had joined her. He would offer them a friendly smile before looking back up and addressing their mother with a respectful nod. 

He would wait to say anything just yet since Lane had been the one to start things off.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"You're our neighbors, I assume?"

Lane would wait for Issorartuyok to answer with their introductions, especially since her own pronunciation of their pack name was still a work in progress. It was only fitting that their alpha speak first and introduce them.

"Your children are beautiful," she would say, once there was a break in conversation. "We heard that you had some go missing recently. We haven't seen them, but we will keep our eyes open. We sincerely hope that they return safely." At first, Lane had dared to hope that the little bundles by Fury's feet were the missing children in question, already returned safely home. However, the worry that weighed down the Saints leader's bearing told Lane otherwise. Lane knew a mother's anguish when she saw it. 

Lane resisted the urge to turn into Tuuluuwaq, to breathe a sigh of relief that her own children had been raised safely to adulthood. It was almost too much, to think that she might go through all of that which motherhood entailed all over again this season. She reminded herself that if fate saw it fit to grow their family, she would have Tuuluuwaq at her side every step of the way.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Sorry this is late! I didn't get to post this when I wanted to, let me know if I need to change his arrival time. Again sorry! Feel free to skip Rye unless addressed.
He refused to go, at first, but the pit of anxiety only worsened as he laid in his den, it crawled up his belly and to his neck, wrapping its thick tendrils around his throat and began closing. Rye thrusted himself outside then den, vigorously shaking his fur, trying to loosen the anxiety noose that formed around his neck. It didn't work. The man pondered just outside his home, what was he to do? Rye surmised that his better conscious was trying to kick him out the door and to the meeting, the epsilon huffed. He had to join the meeting, lest he be riddled with his consciences hounding moral dilemmas. The husband kissed @Imaq and told her he'd be back; withholding the promise he wanted to make, knowing it may not be kept. Rye set on his way, loping out of the den and towards the strath. 
He arrived just as Lane began to howl, the man parked himself next to Tuuluuwaq. Rye watched in anticipation, waiting for the brash white coat to show itself. His assumptions were answered in spades, not one but two white coats emerged, along with a  third, stark, contrasting black. It surprised the man when he learned a woman such as Nyra (now Fury) had the heart to mother children. He hoped it softened her heart. Rye kept quiet, wanting his leaders to speak first. For the time being, he eyed their surroundings, scrutinizing every branch, bush and rock.   
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
They were met with a heavily scarred woman and her children. Issorartuyok watched her curiously. It was clear that she had seen many battles and had tested her fangs against many other wolves. Men and women of the north had done the same in many ways. He did not feel any immediate hesitation. She presented herself as a mother. The man watched Lane for a moment before offering a small smile. 

Our village has claimed the mountain there, he gestured with his muzzle toward their mighty peak. We are a family group. We are strong together. Issorartuyok considered each one of them family. They were his people - his village. They had shown themselves to endure. 

How long have you and your Saints been in these parts? Have you any intentions? The northern man might have only just realized how questioning he seemed, but he wanted to be certain they could consider these wolves to be allies, the neighbourly sort. I would like to hunt when the herds begin to settle in these parts again. An invitation he hoped would come across as well-meaning.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury was patient yet unwavering as the wolves on her doorstep gathered.
She felt her daughters huddle under her forelegs.

To Lane, Fury offered a grateful smile "Thank you, I appreciate it a lot." 
Then, a large man. He seemed to be the one in charge, especially with his questions. 

She could understand it though, especially if Atautiskuk(?) was a peaceful family pack. 
"We've been here for a few months now, not too long. The snow was still coming when we arrived. Intention-wise, we are military based, but my children are my primary concern. I wish them to be safe as they grow up." Fury answered. This was the truth.

Then, the man extended a vague invitation.
"I would love to hunt with you when the time comes, if that's alright?" Her way of accepting the offer, if it was truly an invitation.
Health (100/100)
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu felt there was not much to say on his part. Lane and Isso had it covered. So he listened to the exchange, putting details away in his mind in case they would need them later.

It seemed like they would hunt together, which would be a good thing when there were tiny mouths to feed. It would also help create a bond of mutual respect between their pack and the Saints. 

Tuulu brushed his nose through Lane's nape affectionately. He liked to see her at work; she was very good at conversing with others, whether she believed it or not.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane greeted Rye with a tight smile when he arrived; she was glad to see he had stepped up to his responsibility as a member of the Upper Tier despite his misgivings of the Saints. However, it could not be denied that his presence would add an additional layer of complexity to this already precarious meeting.

The leaders began exchanging words.

"I am Lane, and this is my husband, Tuuluuwaq. We are the beta pair for Atautsikut." She nodded towards her brother-in-law and continued, "Issorartuyok is our alpha, and brother to Tuuluuwaq." She dipped her muzzle toward Rye. "Rye is a longtime friend and founding pack member, and he holds a position of honor in Atautsikut's Upper Tier."

She and Issorartuyok worked well in tandem, presenting their united front as a traditional pack with strong familial ties. They had led alongside one another as alphas for a significant length of time, and although Lane's role had changed recently, their overall cohesion remained intact. 

Although Tuuluuwaq was silent, his quiet support radiated from his bearing. Lane appreciated this more than he could possibly know. When she finished speaking to Fury about the missing pups, she felt her heart squeeze at the thought of such young children out in the harsh world, lost and alone. Her mate seemed to sense her anxiety, brushing against her neck in a soothing gesture that came at the perfect moment. She drew in a steadying breath, locking eyes with Tuuluuwaq for a short moment to wordlessly communicate her gratitude. 

The question about a shared hunt hung in the air, and Lane turned to @Rye. "What do you think about sharing a hunt with the Saints, Rye?"  He was the only one of them who had prior experience with the Saints, and so he was arguably their leading authority on the matter. Additionally, he and especially his wife, Imaq, were historically Atautsikut's most prolific hunters. With all of that on top of Rye's position of trust in the Upper Tier, his opinion would certainly hold a lot of sway.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Fury could prove him wrong, she could change the past and rewrite the wrongs and he could force away any anger wrought into his head. They had families now, they both had something to lose if things did not pan out. He wanted this, he needed it more than anything else, his wife shed enough tears, he would fall to his knees in shame if he could not provide his wife with a safe home; fall on the sword he so foolishly crafted. Pain rippled in his chest at the memories of seeing his wife cry, squeezing his lungs slowly, meticulously, like a vise, the burn chiseled his heart and it wept again at the sight. 

His name being called swept him back into the meeting, he glanced at Lane and then to Fury, his eyes only connecting to hers for a moment. He didn't want to stare long, he didn't wish to produce ire between the two of them, in a way he was submitting. Starting the forgiveness process but he also needed to seek forgiveness. 

His leaders began to talk more and peace became more apparent, Rye's tail twitched as he tried to contain the encroaching relief. Then Lane spoke to him, asking him about a hunt. Panic replaced the relief and he was tied up in it for a moment. "I think," He stalled. "I think it's a good idea." It was an awkward start but then he found his voice of reason, he found the rationality his father so long ago taught him. Rye breathed in deeply, he sat up straight and spoke directly to Fury. 

"Nyra— Fury, I will not sit here and pretend we do not have a violent history. I still wear the scars your pack gave to me but it wouldn't do my wife justice by letting our past get in the way of our futures. She deserves a safe home now more than ever." He hinted at her return as to not side track, hoping Fury would catch it. "Your children deserve the same. I would gladly hunt beside you, even for you, in the aims of keeping the peace." The man drew a short breath before continuing. "I hope to call you friend instead of the foe I have since called you." Although his voice was strong, nearly thunderous, sincerity wasn't missing from his words. He meant what he said, all that and then some. However trust is like glass, just because Rye aimed for peace did not mean he would let his guard down.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Lane stepped forward to offer words of her own. Issorartuyok turned his gaze toward her, grateful that they had found a way to work so well at each other’s sides. Having Tuulu beside her seemed right. It felt the way that it should, in his mind. They made a nice pair with each other, and they seemed to work well off of each other’s strengths. The northerner was pleased by it.

When Rye was asked to step forward, Issorartuyok gave the other man his attention. He spoke of prior problems with Fury and her kin. This was unsettling, but what was most impressive to the large northern man was that Rye appeared to be willing to move past their transgressions. The man only wished to keep his family safe. Issor understood this, too. He wanted all of Atautsikut to thrive upon their new mountain home – for nothing terrible to find them again.

When Rye had finished speaking, the northerner dipped his snout to the rough-edged figure. Rye had impressed Issorartuyok with his understanding and his willingness to forget the harsh history he had with Fury.

Well said.

The northerner offered Fury a small smile. His dark brown eyes sought her own so that he could understand her desires for her village and the family that she had made.

Atautsikut and the Saints will hunt together when the warm winds blow. Perhaps your children will be old enough to learn something of it. We will look forward to this, Fury, if the past Rye spoke of can be left behind.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury would listen and watch as Lane spoke, then Rye, then the Alpha, Issorartuyok. 
Except for an acknowledging series of nods to the words spoken to her; Her words were saved until everyone had said their piece to her and their opinion on the offer to hunt together. It was a respect thing she hoped wouldn't be taken sourly. 

When Rye spoke, she was surprised by his words, but not in any bad way. Then, the Alpha agreed upon the group hunt. 
After a brief pause to see if anyone had more to say, Fury would speak up, first addressing Rye. 
"I too will gladly hunt for and beside you in the name of peace for both our packs, our families." She offered a genuinely warm smile, something she hadn't done it what felt like years... 
"I offer my sincerest apologies to you for the past. I cannot take back the wounds we left in the past, but despite this, I hope the future will be brighter for all of us." 
Fury then looked to Issorartuyok, meeting his gaze with a rare yet very genuine benevolence in her own.
"The Saints will look forward to this hunt as well. By then I agree, hopefully my children will be old  to observe and learn." 

She would look down fondly to Sovereign and Credence, a warm smile on her face.
Health (100/100)