Dragoncrest Cliffs all that remains
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Limit Two 
Sunset turned the sky above the sea into a flame that streaked along the water line for as far as the eye could see. Sobo paused to admire it with a gentle smile when he exited the dank tunnel to the cove below. The barking of sea lions was even more alluring than sundown for Sobo, but he never squandered an opportunity to admire the view. After a few beats, he tore his eyes away and scanned the beach for them, spotting a trio splashing in the shallow water where sand turned to stone below the cliffs.

He was not an accomplished hunter, but knew @Jorunn recently procured some seal meat. Perhaps she would prove a suitable hunting companion and tutor. He thought also of @Chacal and how skillfully she hunted birds in the meadow. Was she as proficient when it came to sea beasts? He lifted his muzzle in a soft howl requesting the presence of either one of them.

The sea lions eyed him warily, but soon went back to their play.

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION
318 Posts
Ooc —
she was always pleased to see the faces of sapphique. even more pleased to be requested by them! on swift stilts of legs, she moved down the coast to sobo's location. a warm smile on her face when she found him.

the sight of sea lions promising.

the sight of him a reminder of the lead sjømor of sapphique.

sjøsønn, she greeted with warmth in a mild tone, not inclined to startle the beasts of the bay. are you on a hunt?
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He settled his haunches back in the sand to wait, watching the sea lions with their silly gait and raucous barks. They were not unlike wolves, only sleek and clumsy on the land. Sobo imagined they were grace incarnate in the water, and as proficient at hunting game below the waves as any wolf in the woods.

It was Jorunn who answered his call. Sobo didn’t know a lot about the woman, only that she was a pretty thing with a mask like his, but lighter, and well-integrated into Sapphique. She had joined the pack on her own merits, which put her well above some of their other members in his estimation.

Hello, he said quietly. The shyness of his youth had waned some; he was still nervous to talk to those he didn’t know well, but it no longer made his voice stick in his throat. His heart beating harder was the only real symptom these days. I t’ought we could try to catch one. I have never hunted dem before. Have you?

318 Posts
Ooc —
she beamed at him, grateful for his willingness to socialize even if he seemed boyishly sheepish.

i have once before, for your mothers. she declared softly. it was not easy. it will be easier with two. she sought to encourage him. the seals were slippery (literally and figuratively) prey to go after, but surely they could find success if they were smart.

the hardest part is to keep it on land.
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
In his head, it was easier than that. Sobo frowned at the sea lions; they were already so close to the sea, he thought they could slip under the waves before the wolves even reached them.

Flexing his paws in the sand, he tried to imagine some winning strategy in his head and came up short. Of course, all of Sapphique were strong swimmers, but with such sleek bodies and flipper-like paws, there was no way they were as fast as those things in the water. How would you do it? he asked, drawing on Jorunn’s experience.

318 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the wait for somethin this short ;; <3

if there is a pup, eyes scanned the group, but surely the mothers may have eyes on their young, or might guide them away. but...but perhaps... it will be easier to pick. sometimes they play away, eager to explore the strange land.

do we have the time to wait and watch, sobo?

she would let him make the calls.
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
It made sense. Quennell and Aminthe were much the same, so curious and fast and brash with youth. Sobo felt that if their caretakers looked away for just a moment, they would disappear in an instant. Jorunn had the same idea about the sea lions.

Yes, of course, he said. Anyt'ing to make it more likely we get one, I can do. Jorunn's patience and gentle nature struck him. He didn't know her very well and hadn't made much of an effort to fix that — he spent too much time avoiding Njord and questioning his place to notice it — but he glanced sidelong at her and thought for the first time what a lovely wolf she was.

Then he swallowed thickly and looked away, searching frantically for a topic of conversation to pass the time while they watched the lions. Do you like to hunt?

318 Posts
Ooc —
he seemed eager to pluck one of these beasts. she smiled warmly for such devotion to the art of hunting. he was a good boy, destined to grow into a good man.

i enjoy it more here, she told him truthfully, tail daring a few soft waves behind her. i used to care little. too eager to explore to focus on big hunts.

what of you?
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
There was a brief moment where Sobo wondered if Jorunn meant here, as in Sapphique, or here, as in here with him. Only the knocking of a young boy's ego on the door of his heart, surely, though the wave of her tail made him wonder all the more.

Dere be much to see out dere, he agreed, thinking of the bay down the coast a ways. I am not so much a hunter, myself. I gat'er de herbs dat manman requires and learn of dem. I commune wit' de loa in de sea caves and bring offerings for prosperity, but dey not be fort'coming wit' deir voices. In fact, he never heard them at all, but his dream about Mireille on the island was enough for his belief in them to be iron.

Dese t'ings do not translate much to hunting, mm? I should like to learn more, and he glanced sidelong at her, letting his tail stir over the sand, and smiled shyly without meaning to.

318 Posts
Ooc —
the thought of their prey nearly slipped her mind as he spoke.

spoke of herbal activities, spoke of loa. it was almost too easy to look upon his face and see a man. he already had such strong powers! yet here he was, wishing to expand further. hardly the image of a son of sapphique. more befitting something...bigger. older.

we should teach one another. she commented softly. i wish to hear more of loa. we can hunt between your teachings.

she would not force him to accept, merely an offer if he felt so inclined.