Ravensblood Forest Letting Go
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
The Vicera had much to discuss with @Luka. She found him today lounging outside with Lorelai and her whelps. She cleared her throat to announce her presence, then greeted them all. "Good day. I hope I'm not intruding. Might I borrow Luka for a few moments?" She offered them all a small smile, especially the whelps — her nieces. It warmed her heart to see their small family growing, despite how it had come about.

When Luka had gotten to his feet, Violante said, "I thought you might accompany me on a patrol." They had not yet spoken privately, and she was going to change that, now. Violante did not speak for several long moments, not until they were out of earshot of the others.

"You seem to be doing better now that the whelps are older." Her tone was not accusatory, merely matter-of-fact.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

8 Posts
Ooc — Butter
He had been making a point to stay closer to Lorelai and the whelps as they were gaining their independence. Part of him still struggled knowing how they had come to be sired - but he had come to realize he couldn't hold that against them or their mother... Subconsciously, he drew closer to Lorelai as footsteps approached, and he turned his head to meet Violante's gaze with a careful smile at her greeting. Part of him wanted to refuse and remain here with Lorelai... but he knew that would be both rude and unwise, and @Violante would tolerate neither.

"Of course..." he sighed politely, rising and licking gently between Lorelai's ears before trotting off to join the melanistic woman. She waited until they were well away from the other before she spoke, candidly as usual, and he allowed a dry chuckle to escape his breast as his gaze flickered briefly to her face. "Admittedly I... didn't handle things well at first. But I can't and I won't hold what happened with your brother against Lorelai, or against the pups. Though I've failed to show you, I do appreciate the care you've shown them... Especially when I couldn't."
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante gave him a small smile as they walked her usual patrol route. She marked occasionally, telling him, "Those girls are as much my blood as they are yours." She gave him a knowing look, asking delicately, "They are both our nieces, are they not? Though, of course, Lorelai has told them you are their father for all intents and purposes." She wondered whether Lorelai would want more pups eventually, but that was a topic for the distant future.

Violante paused in her patrol, turning to Luka. "I'll need you to dedicate yourself to a trade. You are a body the pack could use — Lorelai does well enough on her own as of late." Mothering had certainly seemed to ground the young woman. Now, it was time for Luka to prove himself useful.

Mental Health (100/100)

8 Posts
Ooc — Butter
Violante spoke as she marked, and Luka digested her words as he walked alongside her. The girls were as much her blood as his own, that much was true - and the more he sat back and thought about it, the more he realized that perhaps that was a good thing. Violante herself surely seemed a more than capable female, and he could only pray that perhaps the pups would grow up the same with the guidance they would surely receive from their aunt. 

"Yes, it is true we now share common blood with the girls... I harbored my doubts about stepping in as their father at first, if it meant settling down in this strange land with your pack... but I must do right by them. If that means staying here and proving my worth to you by a trade, then that is exactly what I aim to do," Luka responded after several moments of silence. Though he had done and excelled at many things in his life so far, he considered briefly how he might best make use of his time and skills for the benefit of Sacrarium. "I suppose in the interest of making this place as safe for the pups and my sister as possible... The roles of guardian or warrior would suit me, if it pleases you."
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
She went straight to business, smirking softly as she paused to mark a tree, digging her claws through the bark. "We will always have need of Sentinels. So be it. Then you will learn our borders and patrol them, as well as respond to any outsiders who get too near." She would take them northeast, towards the ridge.

"This ridge, along with the ravenhills to the south, offer a nice view of the forest." Her thoughts turned then to her mate. "Vagabond patrols often as well, if you ever want company. You'll also see him for training, but I'm always open for a spar as well." Violante turned back to smile at him, then paused in her route.

Mental Health (100/100)