Hideaway Strath You're slurring all your words
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 

Hoping for a first encounter with Arashi and @Nala 

Tagging Sakari and Fury for reference

There was a new scent windborne within the strath. The hound had discovered this upon his return with @Sakari.

By assumption, the stranger had to have been their newest recruit. Especially with whelps so close, @Fury would never let an unknown wolf wander among their territory.

Without first having an opportunity to question the Warchief of this new arrival, Arashi decided to seek them out on his own. They couldn't be far, surely.

you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
she was by the water. mind still thinking of tavina but mixed with bumbling thoughts of fury. her head was a wonderland like most days.

she hummed a tune as she tended to her fur once more in the waters. the worst of the muck had already been washed out, now it was merely upkeep. although as she turned her head over her shoulder to preen the wispy grey furs, she noticed a new larger figure. this was not fury, but he was just as hulking.

her face grew hot, but she could not tell whether it was fear or infatuation.

so she remained in the waters, greeting him with a waving tail.

hello,
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Then he came, a girl in his sights. 

Her coat was sopping, figure buried in the depths of the water. From what he could tell, she was no normal wolf — perhaps not even a wolf at all. Curiosity was present, but quickly shoved aside. This was not why he came. 

You are new. It was not a question, for he knew it to be true already.

I am Arashi, first to tread the flank of The Saints' Warchief. Just like he had done with Sakari, the hound made his place here known. He had no high title, but something more. A history. Fury had been his Queen long before the rest of the lot. They knew Her name, and now-.. now, they would know his.

Your name, Saint? The man pried, eyes hovering from where he stood. He would move no closer. The girl bathed; it would be rude to strip her of what privacy she was owed. 

260 Posts
Ooc —
he did not approach through his speaking, so she pried herself from the waters. unwilling to shake despite the desire, instead the water weighed down her long coat, clinging it to an athletic frame.

for a moment she thought it was a compliment before she realized. how foolish!

mismatched eyes settled softly on his chest. not one to stare at his feet like a misplaced child nor willing to look him so directly.

nala. the warchief found me and brought me home. she spoke softly, carefully. you are only the second face i have met here...
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Clearly, the girl paid no mind to his gentlemen-like intentions. She drew nearer, where he'd failed to do so.

Long fur clung to her bodice, slimming out her figure even further. Arashi grew more and more curious. She was definitely of no breed he had ever encountered. A subject and question for a later time, perhaps.

There are not many to meet. He admitted bluntly, tone as cold and barren as his visage. In time, we will grow. A vow. Something he did not make often, but full of confidence as though his words would become true. That was the key, after all. With an abundance of faith, likeliness would surely grow.

How do you like it here, thus far? Enough about him.

Deciding that tension or awkwardness were not the best setting moods for first impressions (thanks to a lesson learned by his first encounter with Sakari), Arashi let his quarters fall to the earth. Here, he stared, perhaps more intently than he would have liked. What could be said in his defense? The girl intrigued him. There was always a first time for everything... right?

260 Posts
Ooc —
we will, she agreed with a sheepish smile. she was aware she was a bard in a guild of fighters, but perhaps that would show others that anybody could be here.

she remained standing while he took a seat. gently grooming her fur in-between words they spoke to each other.

i like it very much. the water is enjoyable and the forest is better than most. works spoken with earnest, a soft wave of her tail once more.

do you have a favorite place here?
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

It seemed odd (if he was being completely honest) that Fury would allow a canine of such puny stature to reside among a horde of combatants. No better than near the size of the pale maiden's whelps. But then again, Sakari need-be considered. She too was small and unawares of the way of war. The two would share something in common.

The water... the forest. This was where he mind wandered? Interesting.

Arashi was hardly one for scenery. Land was land, no matter how many flowers bloomed or how green and fine each blade of grass stood. Clearly, she was different. Not yet would there be common ground between them — but surely they could, soon.

I am not one to notice scenery. Honest and forthright, as always. One can never tread too far from their roots, no matter how tempting it may seem.

260 Posts
Ooc —
i could show you my favorite places then, she offered timidly, but a grin softly found a place on her features. he was not so scary, she thought. a bit aloof, a bit awkwardly, most certainly a bit handsome.

or we can find something you would like to do.

the company was nice and she was desperate to keep it. never one for being alone.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Places? He mimicked her word, scoffing lightly. It was one of amusement, but the hound's tone rarely knew how to mirror that of the phrase.

She had only walked this land a few days and already she had planned out some of her favorite spots? Admirable, perhaps. Naive; truly.

He'd been a bit harsh, maybe. His way of apology could only be to accept the invitation.The travel will allow me a chance to survey the borders. Lets keep it short. Who knew when the Warchief would next beckon him. There were still matters to tend to. He couldn't spend the entirety of his days gallivanting with the rookie Saints.

260 Posts
Ooc —
she took his roughness in stride, tail wagging with droplets flinging behind her. a gentle pep in her step as she went to take the lead, trusting him to follow if he did truly wish to see where she would take him.

the first place would be further upstream. a collection of rocks big enough for...well, for at least her to sunbathe on. she beamed at him before she spoke.

it is a good place to watch the river and the beasts in it. she informed him softly, prepared to move on if he wasn't entertained.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

As suggested, he let her walk ahead, leading the pair to wherever it was she fancied. He made sure to keep a distance, however, wary of the driblets she unknowingly flung in his direction.

The first stop went unnoticed, as had the entire trek thus far.

While the girl told of her findings, Arashi made use of the respite, finding a decent root to lift his leg and micturate. Not all markings would stay fresh for long. Any opportunity to restore them would not be missed.

260 Posts
Ooc —
the man remained silent, which only prompted nala to show him more. if only for the desperate desire to make him not regret joining her on this adventure.

the strath was wrapped by mountains save for the entry to the north. so she took him to the nearest valley wall, hoping to show him the small cave there. not very deep, not something to be concerned with.

it will be a good place, i think. when we have a healer. it will be sheltered and secluded near the water... trailed off softly, eyes not daring to look back towards him.

she would repeat this for as long as he would entertain her whimsy.

edited to fade, pls PM me if you want to rez this <3