Redsand Canyon Give your heart and soul to charity
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Private 
set for 5/7

He practically sprinted to his and his wife's den, slowing only as he came near the entrance. He had no idea if she was asleep already, and the last thing he wanted to do was wake her up.

Kallik paused in the entrance to let his eyes adjust. @Aquene? he called out quietly. If she was asleep, he would just curl around her and wait for her to wake. Being here and seeing for himself that she was okay was enough for now.
Inuttuk
Common
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She had been resting though not asleep when she heard his voice at the edge of the den, her ears instantly perking up as her head shot up and she caught his comforting scent from outside the door. She slowly pushed herself up onto her paws before waddling over, embracing him warmly as she buried her nose into his fur and breathed in more.

She had missed him so much, and for the moment words escaped her. Everything had gone… rather smoothly, she had to admit. There were few disasters to patch up. “I’ve missed you, Love.” She cooed out softly. She had been good, on her best behavior when it came to both eating and resting, but she was relieved to have him back.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She was still awake, and she got up and headed towards him as he entered the den. 

For a few moments, he couldn't say anything either. He drew in her scent and nuzzled and kissed her neck. Now that he was here, with his wife, it was like a hole had been filled within him—like part of him was missing when they were apart. 

I missed you too, he murmured against her. How are you? he asked, pulling back to look her over with worry. Her belly was somehow rounder than when he left. I was worried I wouldn't make it back before you went into labor. He would have never forgiven himself.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He said nothing either, but the silence was comfortable between them as they simply enjoyed the physical embrace of each other’s company. He shared her sentiments before she saw the worry wash over his face and she smiled softly. “Tired, but that’s not unusual. I’ve been very good while you’ve been gone… lots of rest and lots of food. I only really left the den if I was direly needed.” Apart from Crowfeather’s amputation, not much had happened in that regard.

He worried, but he worried often and she let out a soft chuckle. “I was not worried. Even now we have quite a few days before they get here.” He assured him as he nuzzled lightly at his neck. She hoped that news that she had been on her absolute best behavior would calm his worries if only just a little bit.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He was not surprised to hear that she was tired; how could she not be? She was growing their children from her own body. Kallik was amazed. Being away from her only made him realize how deeply he really felt for her. He knew he loved her, but he hadn't realized just how much. And to hear how careful she had been in his absence only added a new layer to his feelings. Thank you, he said softly. Come on. He nipped gently at her shoulder and then moved lay down in their shared bed. 

I know, he said when she reminded him that the pups wouldn't be here for a few days still. I still worried. He would always worry. 

When Kallik settled down, he waited for her to join him. Assuming she did, he would pull her close like he always did and nuzzle into her nape. He felt like his heart might explode from how content he was in this moment. 

I was wondering, he started, nerves making him a little hesitant. He knew how independent she was and how crappy she had been treated before. Would you consider taking my last name? he asked.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He thanked her and she smiled softly in return, not offering any words as she shifted to lay down next to him. “I know you did… you wouldn’t be you if you didn’t.” There was a hint of a playful tease. They were both worrywarts and they knew it. It was still completely insane to her just how perfect they seemed to fit together, as if he had simply been the part of herself that she had been missing, like a key to the locks that she had wrapped around her heart in defense.

Her eyes closed and she laid there, content but awake, until they slowly opened at the start of his statement, the hesitation causing her to nuzzle gently in encouragement… would she take his last name? She paused for a moment, hints of tears prickling at her eyes as she took a breath in and then slowly let it out, knowing the longer she paused the more apprehensive he would get but also wanting to be fully meaningful in her words. “I haven’t used my own in quite some time.” Her last name had been more of a curse than an identifier. She nuzzled once more at his neck. “I would love to. To have a last name that I can be proud of.” It was just another way to bind herself to him further, a thought that had once completely and utterly terrified her.

Now? Now it was just natural.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
ugh i love them sm <33333

She was right, of course: worrying had become one of his personality traits, he did it so much. He chuckled at her teasing tone, glad she didn't find his neurosis unbearable. She seemed to just accept it as part of him, like she had always accepted him. 

He knew she had rejected her own last name for some time. He honestly wondered why he had only just asked her. Maybe because on some level he wanted to make sure she didn't change her mind about being with him; he still wondered how he was so lucky to have found her.

Aquene agreed, going further to tell him that his last name was one she would be proud of. Kallik hadn't realized how much he wanted her answer to be yes until he heard the words. Well, I am proud to have you carry the name, he told her, kissing her cheek. 

It is hard to believe that soon there be more to our family than just the two of us. He both dreaded and excitedly anticipated the arrival of their children. He, by no means, had grown any less worried about her being in labor. He would certainly feel much better after when he knew everyone was okay. As scared as he was about being a father, he still couldn't wait to meet their pups.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She adored his worrying. In a way, it assured her and reminded her that he did care for her. Occasionally there was anxiety, the feeling that she might have trapped him with this pregnancy despite their agreeance to marriage beforehand and his continued genuine affection towards her. It was his worrying and the caring nature of his touch and words that quickly acted as a balm over the demons still rooted in her head from earlier in life.

Her smile only grew as he kissed her cheek and stated much of the same. She felt they both had much to be proud of in the life they had found and created together… and now they were going to be parents, start another outpost with their close friends and continue to grow and flourish. It still often felt like a dream.

She still worried over the birth, though speaking with Mahler had soothed her in that regard. Those things were out of her control but they were not genetic, and she knew how her mother had done some of it to herself… she would feel better once it was all over and they made it to the other side unscathed, but she tried to prevent herself from thinking about it too much in the meantime.

“I know… it still feels a bit like a dream at times… and it doesn’t seem so scary anymore.” She admitted as she brought her gaze level to his. “It’s scary in it’s own way… but… I’m not terrified like I was when I first found out… it doesn’t seem so overwhelming or intimidating.”
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He was relieved to hear that she felt better about their situation. It seemed they both had fallen into their new lives fairly well. For him, it helped that she was going through this with him. Kallik paused his nuzzling of her nape to meet her gaze. I am not so scared either, he told her. I still have my concerns about being a dad, but I love you, and I feel like this is where we're meant to be. He never been happier in his life, not that he could remember, anyway. 

Of course it helps to have such a beautiful and amazing wife, he told her, pausing every few words to kiss along her jaw. Of all the things he had missed about Aquene, he had missed these moments the most. Just the two of them, snuggling and talking; it was perfect. Sometimes he worried it would be taken from him eventually, but he tried not to entertain those thoughts.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She was admittedly relieved when he admitted he was not so scared either. She had remembered the panic that had run through both of them, the discussions they’d had before she had gotten pregnant about how neither of them were ready to become parents. She was concerned about being a mother, apprehensive that she might somehow mess up their children… but she was beginning to understand that it was a fear that every set of new parents had. “I feel like this is where we’re meant to be too… and that we’ll protect our children from the pain we’ve had to endure.” She assured him in return.

She was relieved that her life had somehow managed to turn out just fine, or even more than fine really… She felt the heat rise to her cheeks as he kissed along her jaw and complimented her. “And it helps that I have such a handsome and caring husband.” She shot back quickly with a grin on her features. She had missed him and she had missed this. Towhee visiting had helped keep her sane, but nothing could beat conversations with her Love. “Tell me about the Vale.” She asked softly of him as her head tilted lightly.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He would certainly try his best to protect their children from any of the pain they had both suffered as kids. He would try to protect them from anything that could cause them harm, he knew that without even meeting them. 

She complimented him back, and the soldier smiled, chuckling softly into the space between them. Hmm, handsome, huh? He nipped playfully at the junction of her jaw and neck. He cared about Aquene, but that hardly expressed the extent of his feelings for her; he was sure that if something happened to her, he would never be the same again. She was his reason for everything. 

When she asked about the vale, he grew excited to tell her how pretty it was. But with that excitement came the discomfort of knowing he would have to tell her about Khalys. He would start with the good stuff first. It is beautiful, he told her. So many plants and it's so green everywhere. I can't wait to show you. He nuzzled into her neck and drew in her scent. We will be happy there. He had no doubt about that.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Handsome. She simply grinned as he nipped back playfully. “Yes, quite dashing in my completely unbiased opinion.” She simply responded back with a wink in his direction. She often thought back to what might have become of her if she had not taken Ruenna’s offer and therefore never met her husband as well… and she preferred not to. She knew that chances are, Dimitri would have her in that moment, and she’d be stuck living in fear. In a way, she still did live in fear but that fear did not eat away at her like it once did. She had the faith and confidence that she would be protected… and she could now protect herself as well.

He started to explain it, to describe it. The mention of plants made her tail beat lightly against the ground and her grin grow. “Oh, it would be a wonderful place to set up… I imagine all of the mountain plants grow there. Aconite and arnica and so much more.” She already found herself pleased with the place destined to be their new home, even if she had never stepped foot there at all. “All I need to be happy is you. You and our children.” She murmured softly as she rested her head against him, content.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik chuckled. That is the only opinion that matters to me, he told her softly. His tone was playful but the words rang with truth. Of course, there were others whose opinions mattered, but none as much as his wife. 

She was exited when he told her about the vale and it cause a smile to curve his lips. He wasn't surprised of course, but he liked to make her happy; it never failed to make warmth and contentment fill his chest. Her next words earned her a nuzzle of his face to her cheek. He placed a kiss in the same spot before he spoke. That is all I need, too. His voice was low and full of emotion. He rested his head on top of her and released a long, contented sigh. He was glad she was safe and here with him.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She grinned back in response, a hint of mischief in her eyes at the playful timbre of his voice. “I think that the Imperator would disagree… he seems like the type to think his opinion should matter much to you.” She teased back lightly, a soft chortle of laughter following after it. She savored these moments.

Contentment lingered within her still as she settled easily. It was not all that long ago that she was restless at night, though he had certainly provided her with a fix for such troublesome symptoms… or perhaps the children did, either way, she valued her rest. “We ought to rest now… once the children are born I fear sleep might be harder to come by.” She joked with a soft yawn following after her. All was right.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
What the imperator does not know will not hurt him, he teased in return—a true joke this time. He valued Germanicus' opinion, just not as much as Aquene's. He would never admit that to anyone but her, though; she knew his every truth, the real Kallik, and it was something he trusted only her with. 

Kallik was all for resting. Not only did he want her to rest as much as possible, but he was very tired from his trip from the vale. Good idea, he said, her yawn prompting him to do the same. He snuggled her closer and rested his head back on her. Sleep would come quickly and easily tonight.
Inuttuk
Common