Fairspell Meadow Spurs
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
It was evening hours but the sun still glowed in the distance. Reno padded across the meadow slowly. He was taking his time, see. There were mountains that drew his gaze, some woodland in the distance, a mesa that looked real impressive. The dusty wolf paused to let his plans settle in his mind. 

There were bound to be other gangs, right? Reno assumed so. Even in Stillwater, they’d spring up like flowers. He drew his tongue across his lips and continued northward.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
I hope you don't mind :)

Days had blended together for the most part for the dark she wolf. She hadn't spoken to more than one wolf since she had moved about this region, and it saddened her. She was a social creature, outspoken, loud and friendly. 

She walked amongst the shadows gentle footfalls stirring up the area. She had already eaten, but she wondered if she should find something to bury for the next morning, but she was also feeling lazy, listless, lonely.

Her gaze was drawn to a dirt kissed, male with a strange way of walking. She tilted her head and watched for a moment, he was loose legged, and swayed. She chuffed in greeting, her inky plume dancing behind her.

Hi!"  She said, unsure if he could as of yet hear, her she wasn't entirely close, but she didn't want to sneak up on the poor devil.
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
No way! So happy to have you. ^^

A shadow appeared, calling out a pleasant greeting. Reno turned with a squint and a lopsided grin. The woman was nice to gaze at. She had vibrant green eyes and a cheery nature that seemed to radiate from every ounce of her. The dusty man wondered if all folks from around those parts were so friendly. 

Howdy, miss, Reno drawled back to her with a steady dip of his snout. It was a cowboy’s way of greeting. The gold of his eyes traveled her healthy figure again, still pleased with her kindly nature. The dusty gang man thought his prospects were looking up - thought that there must be some luck left in the world, surely.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Glad to be here :) I tried to keep it short for you. I saw you preferred shorter posts due to your mobile :D 

His stare was bold, but not rude. He just traced over here and then back to her face. The grin on his face, was fleeting, but crooked. Reminded her of a youth she had known in her puppy hood. She wagged her tail again.

She squinted at his drawl, but she liked it all the same. Tarnished gold stared out at her through agouti mask, and it reminded her of Sunshine.

She allowed a small smile. "You have sunshine eyes, sir. I like it."

Never one to mince words, she always shared a compliment where a compliment was due. "I'm Amalia. What's your name?" She wagged the black of her tail, the brown lick on it showing starkly against her black fur.
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, please feel free to write posts as long as you like. That was mostly a heads up that my own might be a bit small heheh. I quite like reading how you write so I’m pleased to get all I can.

Well ain’t you just a doll, Reno chuckled to the green-eyed girl. Only seconds into their interaction and she was talking about his eyes like sunlight. He wished the ladies he’d known were so sweet and giving with such compliments. Most the women he’d seen were tougher than cactus and two times as prickly. 

The girl’s name was Amalia. It even sounded foreign to the simple man. He rather liked it. Liked it more being offered to him in that way. The dusty wolf swung round to better face his company. Reno figured he’d share his time and see where it led. Perhaps Amalia knew a bit about the gangs who ran those parts. 

Name’s Reno, ma’am. I ain’t ever heard a name so pretty as Amalia. When he returned her name to her, it was strongly accented and drawn out. The way old southern folk would speak about anything that sounded foreign to them. Reno still liked the sound of it.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
You tread with dangerous territory, tell me to write as long as I please lol. Thank you. We will have to have more threads then.

Amalia chuckled at his words, and moved closer still, though she gave him leave and space. After all, one wasn't to just press into someone's foot paws, it wasn't very nice Unless perhaps they were dancing, but well that was neither here nor there, and they were definitely not dancing. 

Amalia hadn't met many outside of her own family, but she was an honest wolf and had found early on, that compliments made everyone a little more at ease, in most cases. Though she supposed if you were a skittish wolf, though as luck would have it, she was not.

The simple caress of her name from his voice, the curl of the syllables, the drawn out breathy sound. It was fun, and light and she liked it. Made her feel as if she were wrapped in willow vines, drowning out the cold, or in the simple dens her family dug, wrapped around her siblings. Yes she liked his voice, his accent of breezy words. 

"Why Thank you. I'm rather fond of my name too. Pleasure to meet you, Reno. You traveled from far? I'm new to the area myself. You don't smell like the borders I've come across so far."
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I would love that, yes! uwu

Amalia was as sharp with her snout as she was with her gaze. She picked up on the fact that Reno was new to those parts. She provided him with some information about herself in the same breath - she wasn’t from around there, either. That didn’t bother the dusty male in the slightest. 

Real sharp of ya, miss. I ain’t from these parts, see. Come from a small tumbleweed gang in the south desert. Goes by the name of Stillwater. A real small town with real big problems, he wanted to say but bit his tongue before the words fell loose. No reason to share the Blackwatch name in these parts, he thought. Though Reno also felt that Lloyd’s name would carry the dark-furred leader in like a storm. 

Miss Amalia, what do ya know bout the folks round these parts? Yer new but you’ve had a chance to sniff around some, hmm? Reno eyed the dark woman with interest.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Sounds like plan then. :)

Amalia had been taught to be sharp of measure and wit. Her grandfather had been a rogue of a male. Story telling and roving, but he had settled down, they always settled down their family.  Ears perked forward as she listened, anxious to hear the gentle burr of his voice, that reminded her of home and safety.

"Tumbleweed? Is that a healing plant? It's not one I recognize." She wrinkled her nose in thought. She didn't recognize that herb, or weed as it were. Granted she wasn't as adept at healing as her grandfather, and her great aunt, but she knew enough she supposed.

She shook her head, ears falling flat, slightly dejected. "I'm afraid i don't know many, haven't met more than loners like you and I. I've smelled a fair few, but have yet to meet those. Seems populated here though. All sorts of differing scents."
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Reno chuckled again. This green-eyed wonder had never seen herself a tumbleweed. Stillwater used to have plenty of them. The damn things would roll about with the passing wind like they were late for morning brunch. More than a few times Reno’d had to pull out their sticks from his coat. They always managed to take hairs with them. 

Tumbleweeds… shoot dunno if they’re good for much. They’re awful keen on blowing around. Big ol’ tangled balls of prickly sticks that just roll where the wind blows. Reno offered a small shrug of his shoulder, suggesting that she wasn’t missing out on much. He had a feeling she’d see one if she wanted. The dusty man hadn’t roamed too far north. There was chance for a rogue wind to bring some in. 

Amalia seemed fairly disheartened that she didn’t have much to offer regarding the groups in that area. Reno lifted his chin and gave her a swift wink. 

That’s alright, darlin’. More to find fer myself. Would ya mind a bit o’ company from a fella like me? Worth asking.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
oh Amalia. By the way i love him, he's such a fun charie.

Amalia had not seen much before her travels. She had been from the forest of deepest hue, had traversed mountains to get here, but nothing of what his voice carried and described. She frowned perhaps it was her loss, she wanted to see one now, just to say she had.

She wrinkled her nose at his words. "Big ole balls of prickly sticks? So like the prickers that the forest get? They get all tangled in your fur you get through a patch of the little devils?"

She smiled outright at his wink, he was a saucy devil and his next words drew her pause, she was uncertain exactly what he wanted. A hunt? To travel with her?

"I like knowledge gathering, we should always strive to learn something, no? You mean to travel with me for a time? Or hunt? I am unsure it is exactly what you're asking."
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
You are so kind! >w< Amalia is adorable. I want her to tell me stories haha. *w*

That’s right, just like those prickers get in the woods. They’ll stick in deep to ya if they get the chance. I think I’ve got me a bald spot from the last of em. One ear swiveled back on his head. Reno wasn’t much for tugging burrs from his coat. It was just something that needed doing. The man’s mama used to tell him that if he wasn’t careful about getting them out, he’d turn into a tumbleweed and the wind would carry him to the next town. 

Amalia seemed curious about the man’s inquiry. Reno paused, wondering if he’d stepped too far - kindness was not an endless pool. The dusty man offered her a small smile, pointed teeth poked from beneath his lip. 

Just some company’s all. I’m a good hunter, though if yer feelin’ peckish. S’pose I just been on my own too long. Could do with some civilized companionship, o’ sorts. Reno’s muzzle clapped shut with a sheepish smirk. He was getting close to rambling. No need to chatter the young girl’s ears off. They looked real nice atop her head.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She would give it her best go.

She wrinkled her nose and snorted. "I don't like those things, they hurt and they're the very devil to get out.  Really? I don't think I've ever had the misfortune of losing some fur. I'm sorry. Hopefully, it didn't cause you too much unrest. Though you don't seem to be a vain fellow."

Amalia listened to his words and nodded. "Yes I'd love some company. It does get rather lonely when you're all on your own."

She swiveled one of her ears and then studied the wolf in front of her. She looked around at the Majesty around them, it was beautiful here. 

"Very lonely actually. I grew up in a very close pack, so to be on my own, i found myself longing for something, or someone to break up the monotony and look here we are. Is there any certain way you want to go. If you know nothing, but dryness I bet a forest would stir your heart and soul. It always does mine."
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark woman spoke to him about herself. Reno was giving with his attention, nodding in all the best places, ‘hmming’ when it seemed right. He enjoyed the way she carried her thoughts into words. It was curious beyond what he knew – curious and still sweet. Amalia even showed him kindness when he joked about the burrs pulling his hair out. She even offered a statement to say that he didn’t seem vain. This drew a laugh from his chest.

The girl was sharp with her observations, that was certain.

When presented with a possible journeying destination, Reno hummed thoughtfully. She seemed to think that he might like a woodland. Of course, the dusty wolf was prone to traveling anywhere the wind blew. If he could manage to keep Amalia’s company for a short while, that would be all the persuasion that he would need.

Ya lead the way, miss Amalia. I’d like to see a forest that could stir my heart like ya said. Reno nodded to her, stepping to her side so that she could chart a course. Yer real close with yer family then? What’s yer home like, if ya don’t mind me askin’?
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
he's a sweetie

She studied his differing fur, and where she was mostly a solid color, he was not. He remined her of the pussy-willows that colored the shores of the ponds, with the water grass that touched it's bows. Pretty and precious against a backdrop of blue there near the water's edge. Though she imagined this male wouldn't like it much if she called him pretty. 

His laughter was warm like him. A little bit husky, but she returned the warmth with a wag of her tail. Your laugh is nice, you should laugh more often.

It was all she said, she was a truth speaker in most everything, even if in some aspects her truths made other's uncomfortable. 

I have no doubt it will, Reno. However, the mini adventures along the way might as well. 

She moved forward, her yes on the forest in the distance, his next question drew her pause and a small ache began in her chest, she missed her parents. She had left them to strike out on her own and that she didn't regret, but she did miss them all the same. She was certain she'd never see them again.

It was pretty. Tall trees reached towards the sky and little animals skittered among it's boughs. But like all things, game got scarce and animals left the forest. And my family and I went our separate ways, but yes we were close. I will always think of them fondly. Father was very serious, surprisingly so, and my mother, well she was as flighty as a sea breeze, but in the best possible way.
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yer just ‘bout the most charmin’ gal I’ve ever met, Reno said to her.

In part, the remark was the cowboy’s attempt to be complimentary to her. She seemed so comfortable offering her praise to him that he thought it would be smart to return the favor. Of course, from the rough tongue of the dust wanderer, the words did not sound quite so sweet. Reno believed he would need to work on that. Most of the women he’d met were just as prickly as the tumbleweeds he’d described. It was the way of the west, and so they had adapted to fit that mold.

As they journeyed toward the forestland, Amalia offered him some words on her family. She spoke of looming trees and of her father, who she described as being a serious man. Her mother was different in her own way. Reno admired the concept of two souls joining together despite their contrast.

Y’know it sounds like ya had a good home, miss. Yer father was a bit like mine, maybe. Though, where I’m from, there’s serious folk ‘round every corner. S’why I took off fer myself. Man’s gotta make a place out there in the world. Better to do that somewhere new, I say. Reno had never been keen on sharing his own personal life or the past that he had run from. Amalia was sweet, so he would offer what he could in hopes that he could keep her kindly companionship for a while longer.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia warmed beneath his praise and leaned over to bump his shoulder. Thank you Reno!

Amalia enjoyed giving kindness to others. She liked to be nice. It made her happy. Despite his rough compliment, it was sweet and she truly enjoyed it. Amalia had met her own fair few of females that were not nice, and quite prickly. She briefly thought of the females that had turned against each other in her parents pack, from lack of food and space.

She wagged her tail. My parents were very different, but it worked out for them. And no matter my father's serious nature. My mother could calm him. And he always laughed with her.

Amalia listened with a furrow in his brow, just listening. Enjoying the timbre of his voice, and the cadence of his accent. It was comforting. That they do. I am much of the same opinion though I am decidedly not a male, so it goes for females too. She told him with a gentle smile and a wave of her brown tipped tail. Tell me Reno, what do you like to do for fun?
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Y’know they got a sayin’ that says opposites attract, he mused softly to her, regarding the comment about her parents. There was a special way that they balanced each other out, he assumed. Reno had been witness to plenty of opposite pairings that had made a life and built love around each other. He supposed it had something to do with how well they worked together, just the same as any relationship.

Amalia went on to ask Reno what he liked to do for fun. The cowboy hummed thoughtfully.

A small smile met his features before he offered her a reply. Well, I sure like chasin’ gophers. Used to make a game of it with my sisters, see. If yer paws are quick enough, yer bound to catch at least five of those critters. They’re a tasty snack, too. Reno nodded his head, almost as though he agreed with himself about their taste.

There’s other stuff, but it ain’t much to share with a lady like yerself. Y’know sometimes ya just find yerself in a place, with others, and no matter what they do, ya join them. There were further intricacies that went into being a member of a gang, but Reno found himself rather bashful about sharing those parts with Amalia. She was too good for gang life, he’d convinced himself in their short time together. She was too good for the roughness of gangs.

D’ya like gophers, miss Amalia?
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia listened to his softly accented words. And smiled. He was right. There was just something about her parents. That drew one and the other to each other. Despite her mother's flightiness and her father's cold shoulder, they had gotten along well. And the softly muttered words they spoke to each other beneath the moons gaze, all the more better. Amalia hoped to have half a love like that. It would be nice. She was certain she had time, but still it was a nice little thought.

Amalia listened and returned his smile. It made his eyes light up in a new way, and she liked it. He looked like he could be an ornery one. Is it like chasing rabbits? I do that often. They are one of my favorite prey animals to hunt down.

Amalia chuckled at his softly answered words. He didn't want to mar her genteel nature, boy was he in for a surprise. She was gentle sure, and kind, or tried to be anyway, but she wasn't naive to the ways of all the world, just some parts. She knew there were equally bad as good out there. She blinked at him with eyes of jade and shook her head. I'm afraid I don't. If I didn't agree with something. I didn't do it.

I've never had one, but I'd like to try.
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Amalia stated that if she didn’t agree with something, she simply didn’t do it. Reno couldn’t help but be perplexed by this. Even when he had just been a boy, his days had been filled with things that needed doing that weren’t much fun. Tending to the necessities was just part of life, he’d been told. If it wasn’t done by him, it wouldn’t be done at all, and then everyone would suffer. It was for the greater good, or so he’d been led to believe.

That’s real smart of ya. Real smart… sometimes ya just ain’t got a choice. When ya got a lot of others who expect ya to do what yer told, who rely on ya. I dunno, miss… wish I had a lick of sense like yer sayin’. Weren’t built that way, I s’pose. And that was all there was to say about that. The gang had fallen apart, anyway. Reno was made to build a new life for himself – a better life.

The dusty cowboy glanced toward his company with a crinkled smile.

I’ll bet we could find one for ya. Lil critters just poke their heads outta the dirt sometimes. Real round, real sweet. If’n I see’s one, I’ll be sure to give ya a holler, how ‘bout that?
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Wrap up? Would love another if you had time. I adore him.

Amalia had always done things for her family and pack if they needed it. But if it was something she didn't agree with or didn't like. She didn't do it. Life was to short to do anything that didn't make you happy, and she was her own wofless. 

Amalia shifted and met his gaze. If it would hurt another, or make me feel ugly on the inside or outside. Then it isn't worth doing. It's that simple. But you're right everyone is raised differently, and it takes all kinds to make the world go round.  She hoped that he found something or someone to pour that loyalty into. If he could, well she wouldn't worry about him as much.

I'd like that very much. Thank you. Please don't be a stranger. I count you a friend. She smiled and wagged her brown tipped tail.
88 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Absolutely, positively, I will make us a brand new one right now! ^^

Reno nodded his head in an understanding way.

He’d hurt folk all over. He’d killed. Amalia had the idea that she wouldn’t do anything that made her feel out of sorts. It was a good mind, what she had. The cowboy wondered if his circumstances could have ever shaped him to be someone with kindness as a priority. It didn’t seem likely, thinking back on how he’d lived. Environment had shaped him into who he was. Without the gang, he wouldn’t have survived for long.

Yes’m, ‘course. He’d find a gopher for her. He’d carry it across the sagebrush and flatlands until he could offer her something in return for the company and gentle nature, she had shared with him.

They walked for a short while longer before the cowboy bid her farewell. When they had parted ways, it was some time before Reno could stop thinking about the things Amalia had said.