Blackwater Islands everglade
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
All Welcome 
a dark sky churned moodily above the islands. blinding flickers of lightning illuminated the land, revealing in jilted frames the lone silhouette of the listener as she traversed the druids' grove. yet unaware of the efforts of her speaker, but holding suspicions that they must exist nonetheless, the prophet sought @The Nameless acolyte. she had been away for far too long to monitor his progress to her own satisfaction; now it was time to find out what still needed to be done to make him a druid.
19 Posts
Ooc — The System
The acolyte did not know most of his packmates - so far, he had kept to himself, patrolling the islands as he was tasked with. So, he did not know who sought him out, but he arrived nonetheless, dipping his head to her in greeting. His fierce orange gaze sought her two-toned one - why had she summoned him?
He is mute and cannot speak. - 'Sign language.'

Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (80/100)
He is currently shifting towards an antisocial attitude.

472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the acolyte had changed from that first day, when the listener and her keeper had discovered him on the shores of their sacred island. he stood before her whole and hale, unafraid.

i am the listener. it was my keeper, ingram, who discovered you when you came to us. do you remember that day? he had not spoken then. the prophet wondered if he would speak now, or forever hold his silence, as astara had.

my deepest apologies, my first post was an inaccurate reflection of events. my memories have been a bit jumbled due to illness ;_;
19 Posts
Ooc — The System
no worries! <3

He remember her now - he had seen her, if only briefly, after his battle with the sea. It was a memory he was trying to forget, but he held so few, it was as if his brain would not let him lose any more. He nodded to the Listener, frowning slightly, then gestured broadly to the islands. He walked in a circle, then, hoping she would understand that he had been learning the islands since, patrolling them.

Mental Health (80/100)

472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
he communicated in gestures, a plainer language than the delicate dance of instinct through which astara had made her intentions known. he had explored the islands. if tulok had reached him, no doubt he had been set to guarding them as well.

good. have you met the speaker tulok? when he had answered, she went on. he will teach you to fight, if that is what you wish. but you must also learn what it truly is to be a druid. we follow the will of the unnamed god here. you will find many druids are feral and untrusting creatures; we have, all of us, led difficult lives. but there are those among us who will welcome you readily. the speaker cerulean. the acolyte bridget. and myself.

you will take lessons from me as well as both of my speakers. you will learn to fight, to follow orders, to conduct yourself as a proper druid. and you will learn our secrets, in time.

tell me: do you know what a soul is?
19 Posts
Ooc — The System
Hela has said that Tulok would teach the Listener the sign language between him and our boy, if that's okay with you! <3

Yes, he had met Tulok. Slightly uncertain, as he wasn't sure if he was allowed to communicate with the Listener in this way, he signed clumsily, 'The Speaker is teaching language... private, but you - you understand? I mean... The Speaker has told you... you are The Listener.'  He would go no further, nervously meeting her gaze. He was interested in all of them, the Druids - he wanted to be one, and he was willing to see it through. He had nowhere else to go.

Mental Health (80/100)

472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the prophet had been curious when tulok brought this new method of communication to her, yet she had not thought to ask after its purpose. it had seemed obvious; a language exclusive to the druids promised no small advantage. but it seemed tulok's purpose in this had been more immediately practical. the acolyte who once could not speak now had a voice of his own.

i understand, she chose to speak her own response. you have done well, acolyte. already you have shown a willingness to learn, an ability to learn. now you will begin your true training. together, we will see if you are fit to become a druid. walk with me.

she started toward the center of the druids' grove, where a cave dubbed the thaumaturges' sanctum lay.

you are training under tulok for now. he is teaching you the way of the thaumaturge, those who deal in the magic of death and blood. but there are other paths open to you as well. there is magic in art, too; in hymns and prayers, in dances and paintings. and there is magic in life, in the flowering greenery all around and the hides and bones of creatures long-passed.

but before you make your choice, you must learn what it truly is to be a druid. we serve a force greater than ourselves in pursuit of a higher goal. to bring balance to the world. sometimes this will mean being a hero in the stories of the wilds... other times, a villain. for now these will seem only words to you. soon you will experience the truth of it, and you will learn that this path is not easy or kind. do you understand?

she looked to him for his response.

i am terribly sorry for keeping you waiting. i had to make some assumptions to make this fit with my prior posts, but if it's out of character for @Tulok i will make alterations <33