Hideaway Strath Everybody wants to be my enemy
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pack Activity 
pack meeting, for those who are currently still around! i.e @Arashi and maybe @Sakari if she's returned from Blackwater by now lol

Fury had mulled over this decision for a while now. 
Many days, in fact.
The Warchief finally set it in her brain firmly, and called for the remainder of the pack. Arashi, it seemed, might be the only wolf still here besides her daughters...

"I have been considering this decision for many days now. I will likely be returning to the Islands." She would say to Arashi, should he come to her call. He always did, she wasn't certain why he wouldn't, if he too had vanished...
Fury sighed, pacing. 
"I will pay my visit to Vex on the other side of our mountains, before I and my daughters leave. I am considering if I should also tell the wolves of Atautiskut of my departure..." She considered aloud, in case anyone had showed.
"i will be much more vague with them though, if I choose to say parting words." She considered. 
After all, she didn't know who they were allies with, if anyone, or if those potential allies were out for her head.
Fury shook her head softly, lifting her muzzle to the evening sky to draw in a deep breath,
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

When Fury called, he arrived. He always did and always would.
What she had to say was not something he hadn't heard before. Back to the islands, she'd say. It's as if she was giving up on the reality of The Saints, yet again.
Go back? Again? Arashi chose to question this decision out of all the others. It seemed the most irrational, so why hold it in?
I will not be able to follow you... This was the biggest concern he had. The man could not imagine not being able to be Fury's shadow. Who was he if he could not fulfill his oath to her? He was her soldier; her samurai.
They will not welcome me back. Their Speaker's words were clear. I chose you over them... and now you will return to them once more... 
Was it possible that the pale warrior did not want him to follow? Was this her way of being rid of the shadow that clung to her like a suckling whelp? 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury considered Arashi's words. She didn't feel angry that he questioned this thought.
Though she had phrased it as a decision.

The Warchief sighed deeply, face softening.
"I intend to go only to see if my sons are well. Assuming they're under the care of the Druids." She responded. 
Truly, she didn't see the visit being a permanent one. 
But the future was always and forever a changing entity.

"I am still, admittedly, uncertain." She revealed, ears slanting slightly.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A puzzled look replaced the former, concerned one.
So you won't stay? When she had said "return", Arashi assumed the stay would be permanent. Though, now the pale one spoke otherwise.
What will I do in your absence? Sit here like a wart on a tree? I am meant to be at your side and nowhere else. Firm words; that they were. You could even say he was being stubborn like a child that refused to agree to bedtime. He didn't want her to leave, especially not without him.
The journey there is not a short one. How long will you be gone? How will I know when you will return? Now Arashi had begun pacing. Question after question came, tail lashing in a frantic motion behind him. Had he ever rambled this much? Even he couldn't tell.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury watched with concern as Arashi began to pace, rambling with worries of his own. 
He truly was her guard. 
Through and through.

With a breath, the Warqueen would ease herself into a sit.
"Perhaps I am being too hasty..." She sighed, looking to Arashi apologetically.
She yearned to comfort him, but would he have accepted it?
"In favor of your concerns, I will at least wait to see if word returns, that they're even there." Fury stated.
She would listen to reason when it showed itself in those she cared for.
Would the trip even be worth it, if she didn't wait? 
What would even come if it all, if she went?
What sacrifices would she have made...?
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He put ease to his pacing, turning to face her.
I understand that you care for your children, as would any doting mother; but, your place is here... not in the islands where they forced you to leave. They were strong words, but he thought they were true. Hadn't they forced her to go?
The Saints are growing and will continue to grow in time. We need you here. I need you here.
Arashi's gaze was a mixture of things. Concern, guilt, pleas, intensity, and adoration. Adoration? The latter was absurd, surely. It had to be.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury watched as Arashi faced her.
In her heart of hearts, she knew he was speaking the truth. 
The Druids had told her to go.
And she held hope that Arashi's words about the Saints would hold true in time...

With a firm nod, she would say "You speak the truth..." A heavy sigh. 
"I will stay here, then." She decided.
She hoped her children would be returned to her sooner rather than later...
Oh, how she hoped.

utilizing unreliable narration in this post! The Listener gave Fury a choice before Fury left, to stay or leave to form her pack!
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

His eyes closed for a mere moment; a faint, silent moment. Then he exhaled, sharp and audible. He found content in her answer and was able to relax knowing that she would be safely within his sight, within his reach.. even though he knew he could not reach for her in ways he may have hoped.
If you choose to stay, then we must work harder... together. Together. Such a simple word, yet a complex one altogether. It could have meant so many different things in so many views and so many lifetimes.
Our numbers will not grow on their own...He went on, ignoring the pestering thoughts and desires in his brain as though they were fleas. We can search the nearby lands. Perhaps we could even seek out our allies to see if they know where those who seek a home may lurk. As much as we may want to, we cannot sit and wait for them to come to us. We must find them.
Arashi was determined to make his promise a reality. The Saints would grow and the wilds would come to know the name by heart, whether they wanted to or not. He hadn't broken a promise before, so how could he now?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury would continue to listen as Arashi spoke, of getting further, recruiting other wolves...
"You're right. I think Kynareth said something similar while he was here." She agreed,
"So, let us try. Together." She smiled, warmth in her features.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Relaxation. Oh, how nice it felt. The brain, the muscles, the heart.. it all felt relaxed. And now he could finally sit too. He hadn't quite realized how sore the pacing had made him.
Trying his best to brighten his often stoic and scathing facade, Arashi looked to her inquisitively. Where should be begin?
Back to square one: the puppet and the puppet master. Only, in this instance, the scenario had been altered. He took great pleasure in seeing the change had been for the better — and he was liking it.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury considered where they would start in obtaining new recruits.
The thought process was long, given her reputation within the Teekon.

Finally, she gave a semi-defeated sigh. "I don't know. My reputation precedes me, I'm not sure many will want to join us if they've heard of me." She grumbled, irritated.
There were many good wolves in these wilds, not so many akin to herself, it seemed.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He gave a long moment of thought, staring at the ground all the while.
I said that they shouldn't come to us... so we need to go to them. The light flickered, bulb bright. What if we left? Here, I mean. Travel the teekon, gather new recruits as we go, and return here when we have a decent group.
It was a bold move, especially since Fury's daughter was so young. But what else could they do? Traveling together would give them better odds of safety and a view of strength together in the eyes of possible recruits.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Queen considered his idea, but a worry flit over her features as he mentioned this suggestion.
"What if the Strath is taken over by others when we return? Especially by a pack larger than ours?" She felt the worry was a sound one, but where else would they go? Where could they go?
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Fury's concern was valid, but not plausible. He would explain.
Most pack's we've seen in this area are settled enough in their own land. They have plenty of territory and no need for ours. You've met the two closest. Surely they would think it foolish. If they didn't, then they would not be friends of The Saints.
And as for outsiders... the strath has been marked countless times. The scent will last a decent time even after we've gone. That will be enough to drive them away and keep them away.
This all seemed like a reasonable defense, right?
Arashi looked to the Warchief with a curious, willful stare. What would she make of it?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury thought this over for a few moments before she gave a tentative but affirming nod. 
"Alright. We will go, after Sakari and Nala have returned." She stated, tail swaying softly with hope.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He nodded in acceptance of her decision.

I will keep watch for them. The hound answered, tone firm, but eager. The sooner they would part, the more at ease he could feel. Their future would soon be before them.