Ravensblood Forest Patrol
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Tag is for reference, this thread is all welcome <3

Vale wasn't certain whether he was allowed to be on his own or not, but either way, he felt confident in himself. He was near the northern border when he gave out a soft call, mostly just to mark their territory, but also to let the adults know where he was. He had thought about asking @Vagabond to take him on patrol again, but Vale really wanted to see if he could do it on his own. The whelp moved along the border, keeping a cautious gaze on the land beyond Sacrarium's home.
Physical Health (100/100)

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Her paws carry her past a few more claims, though she decides against stopping to make inquiries. Berserkir will find @Eventyr on her own. She doesn’t need help from any of the strange wolves who call this wilderness home.

She crosses yet another river and stops to shake water from her pelt, then lick it until the fur dries and flattens. Her ears flicker when she catches the sound of the surf in the distance off to her right. The sea intimidates her, so she decides to veer inland.

A soft howl draws her attention. The voice sounds young. Brows furrowing, Berserkir finds herself drifting toward a dark forest. Its borders are marked. A pack lives here. She sighs and begins to turn away.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
A stranger appeared on the horizon, and Vale's tail lifted instinctively. As they approached the border, he gave out what he hoped was an impressive bark. "H-hey! Who're you?" Vale moved to the border's edge, his toes curling over the invisible line. "This is Sacrarium." He didn't know whether or not to call for his parents. He supposed, if they started trouble, he could call then.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He had tried to arrive as quickly as he could at the realization of how closely his son's call came from their border. When he saw Vale talking to a stranger his three legs went into overdrive. His thoughts were frightened, but he couldn't destroy Vale's confidence now. When he arrived he smiled at his son and stood proudly and supportively next to him. "Good job buddy, I've got it from here, now go home for now." He moved closer to the stranger then. "We are Sacrarium, is there anything we can do for you?"
23 Posts
Ooc —
Before she can complete her pivot, someone barks. The sound reminds Berserkir of the strange beast from the other day, though she soon forgets about it as she regards the youthful guardian approaching. She studies him for a moment, her lips curving into a smile and the tip of her tail wagging as she gives him an approving look.

Young vakt, she says in her thick accent, then amends, I say, guardian. I am Berserkir. You protect Sacrarium, ja? Good. Her lilac eyes twinkle as she speaks, tail still waving slowly. I look for sister, Eventyr. You see?

Before the young one can answer her, another wolf appears. Her tail stills and goes limp as her eyes scan the new arrival from head to toe, noting the chink in his ear and, of course, the missing limb. Berserkir wonders if he’s a warrior too.

I look for sister, Eventyr, she repeats, expression much stonier when she addresses the older man.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
When the stranger spoke, it was with a heavy accent and a word he didn't recognize. He lit up at her praise, his tail starting to wag behind him, a broad grin plastered to his face. "We don't get many visitors," he told her. "But if she comes, we'll tell her you were looking for her." Vale wished he could help her more.

Movement from behind him caused the boy to turn around, but it was only his father. He was given more praise, but then told to leave. Vale's tail dropped and his face fell. "But... but I wanna help," the boy insisted, looking hard at his father.

Berserkir told his father what she'd told Vale, and then the boy added, "She's friendly, why do I have to leave?"

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Realizing the hardening in the strangers stance at his approach and the disappointment in his son's features, Vagabond sighed heavily. Violante will kill me if she ever finds out about this.  "Very well then, Vale you may stay and continue your conversation with our guest." As much as he wanted to give Vale the practice of interacting with strangers at their border, he couldn't stop the fear and anxiety as his three month old son spoke to an adult wolf. He felt he should stand his ground, but he also felt that the boy was doing a better job than he in this particular interaction. Despite that fact, he wouldn't leave his son defenseless in the face of a stranger.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Before the man can address her statement, the youth refutes the dismissal. Berserkir remains quiet through the brief exchange, though she catches the little one’s eye and winks.

You are Vale? she says. I appreciate help, Berserkir adds, although it sounds like they haven’t seen Eventyr. I train young jagerfly, young fighter, she explains, her fondness for children quite apparent, where I from, Elfenbenravn.

Drawing in a breath, she addresses the pup’s father (or so she assumes), You are warrior, also?
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale smiled up at his father when he was told he could stay. "Thanks, dad," the boy said, tail waving gently once more. He knew if his mother were here, he wouldn't have been allowed to stay. Looking back to the woman, he puffed out his chest and said, "Vale Cruor! I'm training to be a guardian, so I can help keep our family safe!" He was very proud of this.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
The stranger was patient with them as they had their brief exchange. She seemed to be enjoying her conversation with Vale. When her eyes turned to him he smiled warmly at her, his anxiety melted after watching her interact with his son. "Yes, the name is Vagabond, I felt it best to get this little one out patrolling early but didn't expect that he would go out alone." With this he glanced down somewhat sternly at his son. He couldn't stop the smile from returning from his face though. He was proud that his son had handled his first stranger interaction so well, they had been very fortunate to meet someone so friendly and good with children.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Vale offers a formal introduction, before sharing that he’s training to be a guardian. Berserkir nods and waves her tail approvingly before her lilac eyes skirt to the father, who says his name is Vagabond. Although her expression cools considerably, she gives him a similar nod of acknowledgement.

Good, she tells Vale, gaze once more returning to his face. Keep training. Listen to far. Although she wonders if he also has an instructor, Berserkir does not ask, only adding, I must go. Ha dent fint. She pauses. Means, ‘take care.’

She dips her head a third and final time, eyes flitting between father and son. They linger on Vale for a beat before she woofs and turns to resume her tireless search for Eventyr.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Last from me, it was lovely to have Vale meet Berserkir! <3

Vale grinned sheepishly at his father as he was given a stern look, but knew by the grin that he was not in any real trouble. That being said, he was definitely not going to tell his mother about this. He looked up to Berserkir, tail wagging as she spoke. Though he was slightly saddened to see her go, he called after her, "Bye! Come visit again!" Then, a quick, furtive look to his father. "She can come visit, right dad?" Vale would then turn, and go back with his father back towards the dens. He would mark one last tree before he went, feeling quite smug about today.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Of course your friend can visit." He smiled at his son. "Thank you." He said sincerely to the stranger as they turned from them. Once Vale and he were on the way back from the den he began to speak. "My son I'm so proud of how you handled that meeting. You know I have to play the bad guy though. Vale, You musn't go on patrol alone yet. You handled that interaction perfectly, but not all are so friendly. Although you are strong you are still so small, and can be harmed very easily, and very quickly. I know you have been told that there are ones that would harm you without a care. While you and I both know you can do this alone, I cannot have you in that kind of danger." Having done his fatherly duty for the day, Vagabond led the way home.