Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
All Welcome 
time to make some assumptions!

Eager as he was to get back, Phox had taken a slight detour to check out a herd he'd spotted between Akashingo and Mereo. They looked as though they were doing well, which was always a positive sign. Perhaps he could lead a hunt out that way after a rest at home.

Wait, did he just think "home" about Mereo? Phox shook his head, bemused with himself. It had been a very long time since anywhere had felt like home, and he certainly hadn't expected the red, sandy valley to become that. And yet, Towhee was there, expecting children, and Phox knew that was where he was needed most.

Trotting toward the den @Towhee shared with @Maxim, he kept his eyes peeled for signs of either of them. It didn't look like Maxim was outside, and as he drew near, Phox realized that he recognized another scent. Or rather, several other scents. Young ones.

Not waiting for the kids' sperm donor to return, Phox pushed himself inside the abode. -Those little shitbirds couldn't wait another few days, huh?- he signed to Towhee, peering at the little lumps at her side.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee let out an involuntary snarl when her brother stepped into the den without warning, though the noise quickly died in her throat. Out came a happy whine instead, her tail thumping. She wished she could throw herself at him, though the pups were currently busy suckling.

Dude, you’re like a week late, she joked weakly, wondering if she should tell him about the drama of the past week. Instead, Towhee said, Sorry about that… I had some asshat lurking outside the door yesterday and it’s put me on edge, and waved him inside. Anyway, come meet @Leona and @Jack Snipe!
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
You guys can skip around me. I'll post little tiny cameos when I can! <3 ^^

Of course, there’d be another man who just thought he could barge in and do whatever he wanted. Wasn’t that so stereotypical… of men?

Jack wasn’t old enough yet to understand familial relations. Even if he was old enough, the boy would not likely look kindly on his uncle stuffing his snout in their home like he owned the place. It wasn’t just his snout, though. Phox strolled into their family den like he’d been waiting for the renovations to finish up so he could cheat on his wife with his hot secretary there. Sleezy vibes, for sure.

As Towhee growled, Jack squeaked out. Don’t rock the milk, mom, I’m a hungry growing boy! His unsteady head bobbed toward where Phox was without knowing that he was there. Jack’s puppy expression was the picture of disinterested and unamused. After a moment of blank stares through blind eyes, he returned to the milk bar.
33 Posts
Ooc —
Same!

Leona wasn't as inquisitive - or as angry evidently - as her brother. She'd slept pretty well when in the care of Aquene, and then slept when Towhee retrieved them (all the way through the journey home to the den actually), and now she was asleep once more. It was the vibrations of Towhee's stunted growl that finally roused the child from the stupor of sleep.

She could not see the intruder. There were more vibrations - that of Towhee's tail thumping emphatically against the ground - which she rolled towards, reaching with tiny feet and spreading toes, but she couldn't grasp anything.

Mom was busy talking to someone at the den's mouth. Leona blew a few disappointed raspberries as she withdrew her touch, like a snail retreating in to a shell.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Cleaning up some older threads, gonna wrap this for us.

The pups didn’t really react to their uncle’s presence, but then they were still so wee. In time, she was certain the sight of Uncle Phox’s face in the doorway would elicit bouncing, shouting and all manner of shenanigans.

For now, she motioned for him to settle close by, giving him a moment to acquaint with the pair of burbling infants before Towhee insisted her brother tell her all about the convoy to Akashingo.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)