Lion Head Mesa I said, 'He wasn't in a cave,' but there was no stoppin'
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Limit Two 
backdated ehhhh maybe to May 21? welcome to either or both tagged!

He'd been assigned to watch over @Qiao and her male counterpart, who he thought was named @Akhtar but he'd gotten it mixed up with the other exotic-sounding monikers here. Killdeer sat stoically when they were at rest, and dutifully followed them to wherever they needed to be. It was his orders.

In the quiet of this evening, he was thinking a lot about his parents. Would they ever reconcile, or was he forced to accept that they would be forever at odds?

It wasn't fair. He was angry with both of them for different reasons. Bronco had left when he was a baby, and then he'd left Fennec again. And Fennec, well, she had some beef with Towhee that was apparently raw enough that she'd rather run away than stay with her only son.

Fucked up on so many levels.

Mereo had been a blessing. He'd been able to throw himself into his responsibilities with fervency, to train as a fierce warrior and guardian of the wilds. Germanicus would mold him into a wolf more constant than either of his parents—and if he ever had children of his own, he vowed never to leave them.

Killdeer sighed, the sound carrying on the breeze that danced around the curves and bends of the mesa.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
the little man was a tad shaken, but he wouldn't let that get in the way of his mandatory walk along the long hallways of the mesa. legs, no matter how short, needed their exercise, and he could stand to lose some weight.

his dogtag went tink tink tink.

the chihuahua rounded a corner, and stopped. it was a stranger standing there. one of the outpost, he quickly realised. and there was the scent of the priests nearby.

so, he was relatively safe.

after a steadying breath the neb walked up to the young man, smile brightening his features.

"g'evenin', soldier!" he greeted as he approached. "hope your duties ain't keepin' ya too busy to enjoy the mesa."
[Image: GUCCISIG.png]
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
A small clinking sound drew his attention, and he turned, looking parallel as he was accustomed. Nothing. He drew his brows together in confusion, and then looked down, and saw him.

Whatever he was.

Uh, hey, Killer replied, giving the tiny being an awkward, lopsided smile. Uh, I guess I've gotten around and seen everything. By shadowing Qiao, anyway. When she was sleeping, he was more or less tethered to her.

He licked his lips, trying to think of how to ask. . .diplomatically— Why are you so small? he blurted.

Fucking smooth, my man.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
the young man seemed a tad uneasy, but that was quite alright. he was, after all, talking to a nobleman.

but the question shot that assumption down real quick.

gucci was briefly taken aback, little lips parted and black eyes blinking. then, from the back of his brain came racing a sweaty assistant with a cup of coffe and a bright yellow post-it note saying "good sir, you are a chihuahua."

gucci blinked again, then smiled pleasantly.

"-s because ahm o' a kind t'was mated wi' specific aesthetics in mind." he shook out his mane and spoke with a half-joking haughty expression. "ahve been judged th' pinnacle o' that noble goal, ahll have ya know."

then he looked at the young man with a small smirk. "n you? how's a soldier become quite so... filled out?"
[Image: GUCCISIG.png]
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He had no idea what any of that meant. But he'd encountered wolves deaf and blind, others with different. . .deformities. . .and so he was open to whatever this little man had going on.

And he laughed. Is that a fat joke? he asked, thinking of Caracal and the jabs the golden wolf would throw his way. God, he missed that little shit. I dunno. I like food, and I train. It's. . .muscles, right?

He stretched, showing off his not-so-toned physique. Okay, yeah. He still had baby flubber clinging to him.

So how'd you find this place? Killer asked, raising a brow when he'd straightened. He didn't seem the type to be around these lean, noble wolves.