Redtail Rise Or am I just wishing I could be like you?
298 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
Hoping for @Avcius and kids — @Relic @Masquerade — or anybody else who might be lurking at the den :eyes:

Much had shifted in the Rise.

New members came into their ranks in a multitude of ways. By former blood and new blood. Today he wished to see the new. A fox's tail his offering for the babes that would hopefully be at Avicus' side. He wondered how active they were, if they would even care for such a toy yet.

He found these things mattered little as long as they were healthy and growing. Future warriors and hunters.

When he neared the mouth of the den, he'd chuff in greeting, wondering how much he'd be welcomed in.
Pledged
Shadewood
821 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Still a creature driven by life’s most basic instincts, sentenience slowly began to take hold in young Masquerade. Still limited to her three developed senses, she could not make much of the new presence in the den today, though she could certainly detect it, primarily by smell.

Wide awake despite her sealed eyes, she raised her head to sniff at the air. Her head wobbled, though not as precariously as before, the muscles strengthened by repetition. She let out a little rumble that pitched up into a whimper. She scooched toward where the scent originated, tail thrust out behind her, stiff and vibrating like a tuning fork.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
78 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Day by day he grew bigger. Stronger. Though yet he was but a tiny thing, not even able to stand. Wedged tightly close to Masquerade's side, something stirred the young dragon from his slumber. A new scent flooded into the den. 

Not of milk. Not of mother, or of his sisters. But of something...of someone else. He lifted his head with more strength than before, sniffing the air. Uncurling himself, his nose would guide him, since his eyes and ears were still a work in progress. Scooting forward inch by inch, further away from his mother. Let loose was a vibrating rumble, seeking out who had come to his doorstep.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
the glowing red eyes of her Berserkr are a welcome sight at her threshold.

Proph, Avicus murmurs, lifting her head. the children began to inch forward, but she reached out, gathering them beneath her chin and tucking them close again. a smile splits her muzzle.

'hey are 'hhrong, she remarks, her tail thumping in pleasure. for them to respond so quickly and fervently to the presence of the war-chief. . .

another mother wouldn't place such lofty expectations on her children, but Avicus is no ordinary matriarch.

she motions to the fox's tail. for play? she assumes, and motions for him place it in the den, where the children can reach. @Redd begins her own escape, and she's soon consumed with the herding of the trio, all squirmy and eager to explore the new scent in their midst.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
298 Posts
Ooc — siv
He nearly missed his own name at the mere sight of the den.

Not one, nor two, but three! Three wiggling little bodies that all seemed responsive to his arrival. He could not halt the wave of his own tail behind him before he settled down, hoping he might be allowed to be the one to play with them.

Avi, He rumbled back. I would expect nothing less from your own. Warm and proud and other things he had not felt before. It did not matter who had a true claim to the children in the bunch.

He had done his part.

Tulimaq was gone.

Augur did not threaten him.

He looked upon them as if they were all his own.

For play! It is good to test their senses young, I assume. Teach them the things to hunt and fight early. He would drop the fox tail down on the ground where they could all reach it within the confines of the den.

Eagerly he awaited to see who made the first move, if there might even be a scuffle between them for the new object.
Pledged
Shadewood
821 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
A huff escaped her when her mother’s foreleg hooked around her chest, sweeping her close again. Masque grunted her disapproval, then tried to squirm free, bumping against Relic and Redd but paying them no real heed as she singlemindedly sought the source of today’s new smells.

Bumbling and scooting, she found her way to the fox’s tail dropped near the visitor’s feet. She blindly thrust her little snout against the soft furs, eager to drink in these strange new smells. Never in her short life had Masque experienced such a pungent odor, so acrid it burned, sending her into a fit of reverse sneezing.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
78 Posts
Ooc — Mai
He grunted, huffing out his tiny nose. Upon being pulled back into the protective embrace of his mother, Relic began to squirm almost immediately. He did not like being restrained while there was such an interesting presence and smell before him.

Then a second scent tickled his young nose. Sharp and biting. Musky in an offensive way, but so luring. Rumbling his little motor like vocal chords away, he pushed and scooted. Forced his way out under Avicus' foreleg with all the vigor of a strapping young boy should be.

He stumbled and clambered over Masquerade, not yet gifted with his sight to navigate around her. He sniffed at the russet fox tail, feeling the texture of the fur. Then his gummy mouth parted to clamp down on it. It sure as hell wasn't where food came from, but he was keen to explore. To test. His primal, wild nature was just starting to awaken.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
the reverse sneezing fit is nothing less than the devil coming out of her daughter, and Avicus balks, eyes wide enough to see the whites. Prophet's words are lost; she focuses only on the ruddy-faced girl, even as the lusty boy seizes control of the fox tail.

ah— she feels helpless, without control. Avicus begins to groom the wheezing pup, licking hard at her cheek, her temple, trying to rouse her into normalcy.

there's no room for the abnormal here.

he play, she remarks wryly, gesturing toward Prophet at Relic. she is worried, but exasperated, days of their tugging at her nipples wearing her down. a sigh breaks loose, encompassing all the world-weariness she feels.
the scenic solitude
298 Posts
Ooc — siv
One sneezed, feverish and wild. This one he stared at as the Wealda quickly worked to soothe it. Surely the little thing could not be allergic to something, no? Her life had all but just started, ready for new experiences!

He grunted softly, eyes shifted to Relic.

This one seemed fine. Strong, healthy! He watched happily as the child made use of the tail. Although the tiredness of his mother did not go unnoticed either.

I am always here to entertain them, He noted softly. Prophet had no desire to directly overstep her claim of children, but there was no reason she need raise them alone all the time.
Pledged
Shadewood
821 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Just when she recovered from her fit, someone bumped into her and then pressed her into the ground. Masquerade let out a noise of complaint, her red face wrinkling in displeasure. As soon as Relic cleared her, she began heaving herself away from the overestimulating scene playing out in the den’s threshold.

She sought someplace she could breathe, without a fetor in her nose or a litter mate crushing her lungs. She scooted toward a far corner of the den, her overextended snout bumping into the wall and bringing Masque to a stop. Her flanks quivered with several deep breaths and she slowly relaxed.

78 Posts
Ooc — Mai
He gave, what was in his mind, the mightiest shake of his head he could muster. The fluffy, ticklish object in his mouth jiggled slightly. He grunted, the sound like persistent buzzing. For Relic was not satisfied with his progress. He found a sense of possessiveness overcoming him. A need to claim and conquer. Hoisting himself forward again, this time his stubby legs wrapped around the length of the tail as he tried to pin the alien critter down.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
'hhrain 'em, she counters, smirking slightly. there is no play without meaning on Redtail Rise. all of their activities will be focused around molding them into hunters, warriors. no endeavor will be frivolous—at least, not if she has anything to say about it.

her indigo gaze flashes backward, catching the sneezing girl in her sights. she shifts and noses her outside, to play with her brother. the allergy will abate, she thinks.

then, she turns to Prophet. 'hhank you, Avicus intones. she shifts forward, close enough for her muzzle to touch his. since their joining—and before!—she's felt a pull toward the man. and now, as he cares for her children. . .
the scenic solitude
298 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her returns her counter with a warm look, a gentle nod. He figured entertainment would be a bit like training either way, the way he had brought the fox tail to them to teach them young. The scent was one to strike, to bring down.

He watches with something...near affectionate as one child plays, the other tended to by Avicus.

Then she came to him, a nearing touch. He did not shy away, leaning into her so that his muzzle might run across hers. A low rumble in the back of his throat.

I am always here for you, too, There was a blooming lump in his throat he opted to ignore.
Pledged
Shadewood
821 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Just when she began easing into sleep, a cool, damp nose pressed against her. Masquerade squirmed, whimpering. She couldn’t see her mother, though she could smell her. The whelp let out a confused mewl as Avicus insistently nudged her toward the unseen doorway.

She had no idea what her mother expected of her, though as soon as the she-wolf relented, Masquerade relaxed again. Fortunately, she was blind and deaf to the goings-on around her, so she drowsed until the next inevitable assault from nose or paw.

Last from me. :)

78 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Plush, silky fur tickled his belly. Grazed at his nose, filling it with the pungent scent that caused his sister her distress. The furry critter put up no fight beneath him. Snorting softly, he seemed convinced that he had suppressed it. Behind him, he felt the brush and slight bump of Masquerade's body. Exhausted from his endeavor, he held fast to his claim and fell asleep on top of it.