Redtail Rise first light
78 Posts
Ooc — Mai
All Welcome 
Day 13. Eyes open!

Had he the mindset to have one, Relic would have kept a journal. Weeks one thru two. Eat, sleep, fuss and potty breaks. Senses sharpening. New smells each day. Getting stronger. Increased cognitive awareness. 

But hold on, wait a minute! Who flipped on the light switch?! Oh and for goodness sakes, the audio too?! 

Sealed eyelids cracked open, only to blink firmly back shut. It was bright! But it didn't hurt. Intrigued, he opened his new eyes again. Where once there had been nothing but darkness, was now distant blurry blobs and distorted shadows. His ears were but tiny little stubs. Through them he heard a distant sounds. Murmurs that made no sense. 

His face...his snout felt roomier. Not quite so tight at his face. Dark baby blue eyes focused onto something. Something red, furry and soft. The forepaw of his mother, which, toes and all, looked like a gigantic rugged mountain. He grumbled lowly in delight, hoisting himself forward to this new challenge he must conquer.
Pledged
Shadewood
840 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Relic wasn’t the only one to gain a new sense today. Unlike him, Masquerade did not outwardly react to the world’s newest dimension other than to hunker down on the dusty den floor, all four legs tucked tightly beneath her body. In motionless silence, she observed this new phenomenon of colors, lights and shadows.

Her head turned when her brother began to move toward their mother’s paw, the motion smooth now thanks to her strengthening tendons. Her fresh eyes followed what amounted to smudges, the pupils expanding and contracting against her stonewashed irises. Masque squinted without being aware, nose atwitch, her young brain slowly making the connection between Relic’s familiar scent and this particular blurry apparition.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)