Neverwinter Forest Moonlit
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Keyni <3

They had arrived the day before, and Cerne had spent the first day in solitude, expanding his pouch with another hareskin. It now carried many things, and had room for more, although it was getting a bit heavy. With his crafting finished, he took to wandering the forest. Perhaps he would meet one of the Winterglade wolves — the prospect excited him. The moon was high in the sky when Cerne loosed a deep call, and he wondered who he might meet tonight.
Physical Health (100/100)

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
The Tundrian woman had been on her way to a chosen, private den site when she heard the deep voice of another. Not one of their own. But of Kigipigak's small band. Allied with her, Lote and Kukutux, she welcomed them to stay and rest in her forest with open arms.

She had been tired. Fatigue pulling at the edges of her physical form. While a good nights sleep sounded wonderful right about now, she couldn't very well ignore one of her guests. A silent yawn parted her jaws, pretty white teeth flashing. 

Shaking off her weariness as best as she could, she let the dim light of the moon guide her to the stranger. She called out softly to him, finding his golden eyes first. "Good evening, sir."
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
A woman approached, and Cerne turned his golden gaze on her. She was very pretty. Cerne dipped his head in greeting, then offered a small smile. "Good evening to you as well, madam." She smelled of Winterglade. "I am Cerne, a soothsayer with Natigvik." His tail gave a gentle sway, and he inquired, "Who might you be? You are the first I'm meeting."

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
The last wisps of tiredness clung to her and she fought them off. The Tundrian managed a small smile in return. The man introduced himself as Cerne. But the term soothsayer was unfamiliar to her and was met with a curious blink.

Natigvik was heavy on his fur. Aside from Kigipigak, he was the next wolf in line she was meeting. "Well met, Cerne. I am Keyni. I share Winterglade alongside Lote." The warmth in her voice hinted at her close relationship with the dove. "A soothsayer you say? What is that, exactly?"
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Keyni's words piqued his interest. Eyes alight, he inquired, "Ah, you are leading it together? Then well met, Keyni." He bowed his head in respect, and at her questions, he shrugged his hareskin sack from his neck, opening it gently with a claw to reveal the contents within.

"Indeed. I am a speaker of truths — I cast these and read them to give answers to those who have questions." He grinned, then cast his gaze skyward. "I also read the sky and the weather to make predictions." Nudging the sack, he inquired, "Have you an interest in a reading?"

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
"Winterglade is Lote's vision." She clarified. "She is like a blood sister to me. I am there to more or less support her role." Between them, they had never worked out official ranks yet, or what position Keyni would take. She was just as much an equal founding member as anyone else. She was happy to support, contribute and advise.

Her jade eyes fell onto the rabbit skin pouch he carried around his neck. The gleam of the contents within got her interest, ears pricking forward. Tail coming alive and held a notch higher, she took a step for a closer look. "That is fascinating. I am fond of tracking the weather patterns, too."

"A reading..." She repeated, her face thoughtful. She had never had one of those before. While she was largely a practical individual, she also tried to keep an open mind. "Of course." She decided. "I am curious. Do you require something in exchange?"
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sorry for the wait!

Cerne nodded. "I see. Well, either way, it is wonderful to meet you," he smiled gently, tail waving once or twice. They had something in common with tracking the weather; Cerne's smile widened into a toothy grin.

At mention of the reading, she asked about a price — they always did. He chuckled quietly and said, "No price, save for keeping an open and honest mind." He nodded down to the pouch. "What worries do you have? Or questions? Ask, and I shall answer."

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Perhaps, should they meet again and have the time, she could interest him in her other passion. Hunting and tracking. For now she set her focus on the present. There was no price required of her; only an open mind. The corners of her eyes crinkled with slight humor. "Oh, I will try."

The Tundrian was more the rational type than spiritual or mystical. She used logic first. But she did try to be open to other concepts, beliefs and ideals. How else might one then explain the deep connection she felt with earth? Was that not spiritual in it's own sense?

She padded forward, closer. Her expression was soft, thoughtful. Keyni had many questions. Doubts. Fears. Without realizing it, her ears had shifted back, making her adopt a somewhat bashful little look. "Well...I guess the big one is what my future is like. What will change."
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
"Many things will change — this I can tell you without a reading." His words were serious, but he cut them with a soft grin and a low, throaty chuckle. Even so, he began to loosen the sack all the same. Once free from it's cordage, the Soothsayer gripped it by the corners and shook it, releasing two corners so that the contents spilled out before him.

Cerne saw many things all at once, and he frowned, deep in thought as he took it all in — the seaglass, scattered throughout, almost evenly; the stones, settling in the lower plane of his reading, nearly in a line; the hare bones came in pairs, crossed, with one set further along than the other.

His interpretation of the reading was good, and he met Keyni's gaze with a small smile. "You will have much beauty in your life, as told by the colored stones — seaglass, actually, from the coast."

He nudged the regular stones with a claw, murmuring, "You have a strong foundation in your life, but great change can shake even the greatest of cores." He looked to her with a questioning glance. "Is there more you would ask?"

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her eyes squinted, studying the objects that spilled from the sack he carried. They were all very interesting and unique. But what she did not understand and was most curious about, was how he came to his interpretation in the way they were spread out. 

She kept her curiosity withheld, content to wait until the reading was over. 

Much beauty in her life, he predicted. Or rather, so the sea glass stones said. And that her base foundation was strong. Well, she did suppose she had already been a steadfast sort of wolf. "There is. My personal relations...and future one's. How will those shape out?"
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne studied the spread once more, squinting slightly. Nudging the bones with a claw, he told Keyni, All it tells me is, between you and the one you love or will love, is that you will outlive them. A hard thing to accept, he thought. Is there something else that troubles you? I can give advice as well as readings, he chuckled.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.