Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Pack Activity 
We're here! Not sure how long we wanna have Natigvik visit, but I was thinking till at least July?

At the foot of the mountain that Kigipigak knew so well, he thought of raising his head and calling to @Kukutux and @Aiolos, to let them know of the sudden arrival of kin.

He considered how warm and welcoming their returning call might be, and also how busy their lives were the last he saw of them; by now the village likely had more children to care for and Kigipigak did not want to disturb anyone. He ended up changing his mind entirely; instead of calling to the wolves of Moonglow village, he looked to his own wife.

We are here, at last. He murmured to @Sakhmet as they began the arduous task of climbing the mountain's paths. I am excited! It has been many days since I was here last. You remember. he did not need to remind her of the waiting game she played for him, and Kigipigak certainly did not want to think about the hopeless feelings he had endured while he mended from the cougar attack — but the end result was something that had changed both of their lives.

A knowing look crosses his features. He smiles to her, kisses her cheek, and then looks over one shoulder to where @Akkuma practically sulks up the hill. Come on now, its not far now that we've reached the mountain. And even before he has finished encouraging the boy, his brother @Kivaluk comes bounding along the trail and nearly collides with him at the hocks. Kigigipigak grins to them both.

Further back he can see @Cerne and @Amalia walking together; the shaman with his bundle, and Amalia with a collection of gifts that the family had amassed during their travels, bundled in familiar rabbit hide. He does not watch them for long. It will be an hour of constant careful maneuvering to get the family to their first rest stop, another couple before they are nearly at the village limits. When they arrive, out of breath and hungry, Kigipigak's spirit has not waned.

It is here that he raises his voice to croon a note for the moonwoman, her sunman, and those of Moonglow. Kukutux! I come with a surprise!
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
I'm down with that! :D

I do,

She knew this place, it resided in a closed corridor of her heart. The plateau would not be far from here either and she briefly wondered if somebody had done what she could not. None of that was why they were here though. This she was reminded by her husband's booming words.

She would kiss him back, tail swaying as her attention soon enough returned to their sons. One undeniably wishing to be back home and the other too excited to tear through the spine of Moonglow. She too remembered how horribly she had missed the woods whenever they needed to travel, in her own youth. Perhaps she had accidentally carbon copied herself. She would give him a knowing look and thin smile. Then turned to nudge along Kivaluk.

Little thought or worry was spared to the other adults present. Trusting them to follow along the trail they made.

There was relaxation when the moment did come. The view familiar and heart wrenching once upon a time. Now she felt the same wave of relief as she had when Kukutux had informed her of Kigipigak's recovery. Moonglow was a place of many emotions for the pair. So it would not be only his voice that reached for those who claimed it.

Her own would intertwine with his as she pressed into his side.

It's nice to be back with good news, She whispered, toes tiredly flexing at the earth.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
all these tags for ref! assume ariadne at least is with her :D also yes to the visit and any length!

kigipigak had come with sakhmet.

she heard the winterhawk's voice upon the wind, bold and proud. her heart leapt within her. she gathered @Mojag and @Stratos and @Samani, little @Callyope and ariadne. @Shikoba would come soon, she knew, and @Lótë was recovering with her young son. she would go to them again soon.

with a chuff to @Aiolos and to @Sialuk, she trotted off, followed by those who would come. @Rodyn too was invited, as newest hunter to moonglow.

there were more figures! delighted, moonwoman broke into a run, one that ended with an embrace for her kinsman and another for the lovely issumatar. 

and then she turned to their sons, and her jadestone eyes were radiant with love. "is this my surprise?" she asked of kigipigak and sakhmet, laughing softly as she gestured to the boys, inviting them closer with a sway of her tail.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Callyope refused to be left behind. She would lope after her mother on gangly legs, bumbling between any of the other children who came with too.

Mother was soon off into a run and Callyope felt herself simply stunned! Something very good must be happening up ahead.

She would waste no time in coming into sight. Until she saw a collection of strangers. Then she halted, frozen by the sudden appearance of so many.

But...were those more agemates? Them she would peer curiously at.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Napatuqvik
Amaguk
this is my moment in the sun
60 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Something new stirred at the borders.

Stratos chased after anaa alongside his sisters and weaved between the other packmates who followed. "Come on, come on!" he hurriedly said. Not too sure who they were hurrying towards, but eager to find out. He could see the delight in anaa's eyes whenever he looked at her and wished to share this delight and be there to protect her in case anything came between her and the source of her sudden joy.

Who they found were silalik to him, but Kukutux, well, she embraced them like family. And maybe they were! Maybe they had more kin than those he loved within Moonglow! And wasn't this a great and exciting thought?

Where his sister froze, Stratos hopped forward and threw himself into a playful bow. More brothers! It was a surprise of delight for him as much as one for anaa! "More brothers!" he said, with a generous smile, "YES!"
Common | Inuktitut | Greek
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mojag had been playing with his cousin Stratos and watching Callyope when they suddenly turned their attention away from their game, and towards the call of their mother. He did not want to stop what they were doing and puffed up a bit when they abandoned him; but before long he was following, charging across the paths to keep up with the other boy.

He came to the gathering in time to see Callyope paused in first place and Stratos hastily gaining; he overtook her position and ploughed right in to the two strangers at the border - two boys who could've been age-mates to Mojag himself.

Stratos sounded pleased. Mojag moved to get a better look, closing in enough to stand alongside his friend, and sized-up the two strangers with a big smile on his face. Hello! Who're you? Where'd you come from? Where's your anaa? Did you come from far away? He was, as always, a chatterbox.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
690 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia didn't say anything to anyone. She stayed near Kigipigak and Sahkmet, the bundle of gifts at her feet. She would wait for Kigipigak and Sahkmet to tell her what to do with them. She stared around with wide eyes at all the new wolves, and settled to her haunches, green eyes taking in everything. The family looked so happy to see one another, and a gentle longing broke into her chest. She missed her family, more than she would have liked to admit. 

So short
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had been called and he made haste to go to the meeting place. There were new pups, and a large male and female and two younger looking wolves back in the back. Rodyn stirred around the edges of the group. He briefly wondered if he should have hunted something to brin down. He probably still could. He looked around, sniffed the air. Perhaps, he could get some rabbits. Or something. He settled to his haunches, curled his tail around his paws and watched the goings on with a smile on his face.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It is the arrival of Kigipigak Aiolos has not expected though his voice was unmistakable as he calls out for all of Moonglow's arrival. 

Aiolos abandons his hunt, having been digging at a hole that a gopher had gotten into and unknowingly quite far from his reach. Soon, he would come along the path of his children and mate and followed not far behind. 

He chuckles as he hears the pups, already keen on meeting the others their age. There was Kigi and at his side what he imagined to be his mate though had not yet met her. Two boys they had and coming along from behind two packmates.

It is good to see you, He speaks to the former Moonglow wolf and tjen sweeps his amber gaze to the rest, All of you. Welcome to Moonglow.
moonglow daddy
Napatuqvik
Issumatar
writing letters addressed to the fire
517 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne closely followed anaa towards the sound of Kigipigak's howl. Although the voice who summoned their presence had been strong—with the confidence of belonging and familiarity—she didn't recognize it. She was hesitant to meet whoever had arrived—as she was shy around every new face that she met—but remained cautiously optimistic. 

There were many unfamiliar faces, and she froze alongside Callyope as the other children rushed past them. "There are so many!" she exclaimed quietly, leaning closer to her anikatiga, "I do not know who they are." They were welcomed—as anaa and atâtak had greeted them so warmly—but Ariadne didn't know what to make of it all. "Do you?" she asked.

"They look kind," Ariadne observed, slowly warming up to the kujummiak as Stratos and Mojave welcomed the other children, "I would like to meet them soon." Not yet—she was not ready. "I will wait until we are both ready."

She watched the katik curiously.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
it is the song of someone familiar that brings shikoba towards the border with an excited step. kigipigak was a good man within her books, as he often spilled blood and tore flesh beside her in the name of Moonglow. not to mention, he was the winter hawk of moonwoman, her knight. he was someone who held great importance in the spine, and shikoba would ensure he and his tribe would receive such treatment.

she would lope towards the group, though break into a walk and come close enough to brush her nose against the shoulders of the backbone and his wife. a dip of her head and a silent welcome to the both of them as she looked around for her son during this event. it would be good to have others to join the summer celebrations that would take place in the spine.
[Image: giphy.gif]