Noctisardor Bypass Wander
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Inkeri <3

The coyote skirted across the valley, heading for water. It was warm and humid, with an overcast sky that threatened rain. A low rumble of thunder sounded in the distance, causing Lucius to start nervously, and he came to lap at the water's edge, nervously scanning the shoreline.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Physical Health (100/100)

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Lucius is currently experiencing some anxiety.
Loner
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Hello, thank you for starting. <3

Inkeri had left her sister sleeping, sleeping. Probably chasing her soul with the ravens. Inkeri did not boast a knowledge like her sister. She did not now where @Anja went when she would dream. But it was not the mortal realm, of that she was certain.

Thunder rumbled, and Inkeri stood and stared up at the sky. Storms made her feel alive, but also scared her, when Anja was not near. It reminded her that chaos could be good, and even the sky would cry sometimes. Something she had done often, growing up. But she had learned. Learned.

She found the water's edge and met another there. She did not know this creature, he was not a wolf, he was smaller, smaller than she. She chuffed gently, did not wish to scare this creature.

She hunkered into herself, immediately regretting the action. She hadn't needed to share that she was there, no she did not.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
A chuff sounded, and the coyote looked up to see a wolf, also at the water's edge a short distance away. Lucius eyed her warily — she did not seem threatening. Cautiously, he introduced himself. "Hello... I'm Lucius." He cast a skyward glance as another rumble of thunder sounded, much closer this time. It began to rain gently. Looking back to the wolf, he asked, "You... you don't live here, do you?"
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Lucius. She curled the name off her tongue, her accent with it. I'm Inkeri. Just Inkeri. she moved a little closer eyes on him tracing the smaller form. Hardy, but small. So far kind. 

He looked at her with pretty eyes and she shook her head. Just arrived. Arrived. She winced at her repeated word. A quirk she had, has for years. It never went away. Do you?
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Inkeri. It was a nice, pleasing name. The coyote smiled nervously as she moved closer, but she seemed wholly unaggressive. He reached out with his muzzle to sniff her. He didn't miss her repeated word, nor the wince, and he smiled. It didn't bother him. "No I don't live here. I... don't live anywhere," he laughed nervously. "I just sort of... wander."
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri backpedaled a little. Her own curiosity scaring her a little. One ear flicked back and then forward. 

She returned the sniff, gently. Eyes tracing him again, kindly.

We wander now too. Too. Anja and me. Me. No home. 

She dipped her head hunched her shoulders a shy smile. As thunder cracked against the sky she gave a soft jump.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
As Inkeri sniffed him back, Lucius felt himself relax, almost completely. He took a deep breath, then released it. She wasn't going to hurt him. He was safe. He could almost cry — but, he doesn't. He just grins toothily, his pale eyes overbright, perhaps. Lucius jumped at the rumble of thunder overhead, his hackles rising. So much for being relaxed.

"S-sorry," Lucius mumbled, ducking his head. "I... um... I scare easy, I guess. But, who is Anja?"
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri shifted and looked around again, for cover to run to if they should need. She relaxed alittle further, though she was still on edge, but Keri was always on edge. Always. She wanted her sister, needed Anja. But Anja was not here, she wasn't here right now. No.

Inkeri shook her head. No, apology. Apology. She looked around again. I do too, is okay. Her english was broken and a little hard to understand, but she was trying.

Anja is Systur, No, sister. My sister. heart of hearts, sister.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lucius nodded, smiling slightly. He had no siblings of his own, and he had travelled alone since dispersing from his parents. Tail wagging gently, he asked, "So you travel together? Can... can I stay with you for a bit?" There would be safety in numbers.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri liked this little coyote smile. He made her feel relaxed even for a moment. Which was not often. Perhaps it was because he was not a threat or maybe because they had similar temperments, she found a like minded spirit. 

His next question caught her off guard. Inkeri usually didn't make the decisions, it was always Anja, but she was loathe to part from this creature, so she dipped her muzzle.

Yes you can. I will tell Anja. Anja. They would make a strange threesome traveling through the lands, but Inkeri didn't truly think like that. He wasn't black, so he was not loyal to Svart, chances are he didn't even know what Svart was.

I am sorry you were alone. Alone. She lowered her ears to her skull. The wind began to pick up. We need to find shelter soon. I don't know we make it back to Anja, before the sky weeps.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lucius smiled, relaxing once more as she agreed to let him travel with her and her sister. "Thank you, truly," he murmured. She expressed her sorrow, and he shook his head, saying, "No... It's okay. I... I've learned a lot on my own." Had he, though? The only thing he had learned was that wolves were typically untrustworthy, and they had animosity for coyotes. But, Inkeri was different. Perhaps that was why he was drawn to her. He edged closer to her as another clap of thunder sounded, and lightning illuminated the swiftly darkening sky. She mentioned seeking shelter, and the coyote agreed, saying "Yes, let's find shelter." He shook out his pelt, then set off towards the nearby mountain; surely there would be an overhang, or perhaps a cave, that they could shelter in.

They were lucky. Lucius spotted a small cave at the base of the mountain, and he ushered Inkeri forward as the sky began to weep.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri smiled. You welcome. Welcome. Her mimicry still there. She winced again, how she hated it so. No wonder, she had been hurt, and beaten and bloodied. If her pelage wasn't enough to deter most everyone in the village, her mannerisms were, and her deep deep love for her sister. The inability to make very few decisions without Anja. This was a first, and already she wondered how mad Anja would be. Would Anja be angry with her? Well she wouldn't take it back now, was unfair.

Inkeri stayed near him, each thunderclap, making her shrink further and further into herself. By the time they made it to the overhand she was shaking. She was used to storms, that was not what scared her, what scared her was not having Anja within easy reach for comfort, for a softly buried nose in shoulder fur.

They arrived into the cave, and Inkeri slid along the wall, soft body against hard rock, ears back, tail low. She licked at her front, trying to lick the drops off her fur. They hadn't gotten soaked, but her fur was up all over, her fear evident.

Thank you for finding shelter, Lucius. Lucius.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
With each passing moment, Inkeri seemed to grow more fearful. Almost as soon as they had entered their shelter, the storm truly began. Lucius gave a gentle whine as the woman shoved herself up against the rock. He moved closer, and he asked, "Would you... like me close? Until the storm is over?" He didn't want her to be so scared.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Word of warning. Inkeri has a very co-dependent personality. So she maybe a little much with his offer.

Inkeri studied the coyote, his greys and whites pleasing. Something to fixate on, something to ground. She dipped her muzzle down, voice shaking. Please. Please. She whimpered and shifted so he could be near. Would he allow she would bury her nose against his shoulder. He was not Anja, but he was here now. Though she was fearful given her personality, how this would go. She needed the comfort, it was necessity for her right now, and drowning out all her thoughts.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Not to worry, I like where this is going! I wanted Luci to be with the Kvits anyway ;)

Inkeri shook, whimpering, and at her pleading, the yearling coyote scooted very close to her. His natural instinct to avoid wolves was overridden by his need to comfort the woman who had been kind to him. His fur brushed against hers, their body heat intermingling. When she buried her muzzle into his shoulder, Lucius loosed a quiet sigh. "You'll be alright, Inkeri, I promise," he whispered, reaching to nuzzle her neck. "The storm won't last forever..."
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I do too.

Inkeri sighed at the first contact and immediately pushed her nose into his shoulder, her shaking only broken by small whimpers. His words at first fell on deaf ears, but she  forced herself to focus, listen. His voice anchoring her in the moment.

Thank you Lucius. Lucius. her mimicry more thick, her voice slurred with tears and fear. Gentle nuzzles along her neck, and a soft happy whine came forth. 

Tell me a story? Or anything, speak to me of whispers of stars. Stars. Her voice was gentle, yearning, hoping. Something to fixate on.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
The coyote kept close to the wolf, slowly beginning to groom through her fur. She wanted to talk about the stars — he gave his signature nervous chuckle, then told her in a breathy whisper, "Al-alright. Well... my dad used to tell me you could find your way around using just the stars. Did you know they move? I... I wasn't very good at it. I'm not particularly good at... anything, actually." Another laugh, then he asked her softly, "What do you like to do with Anja?"
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A gentle sigh worked from Keri's chest. She kept her eyes hidden in his shoulder a moment, longer, but then she lifted her head and returned the favor of a groom. Gentle teeth ribbing against soft ears and neck fur. He was smaller than she, but sturdy.

I did know that. It is how we got here. Here. That and Anja led, I followed. Followed.

Inkeri snorted and brazenly licked his head, and nudged between his ears. You are good at making me feel better. Better And you are kind. Kind. She hadn't known him long, but He treated her better than anyone other than Anja ever had.

Anja sees gods and we follow her. I am not very, good. Good. I just exist. Exist. I like to do things with Anja. mmm... hunt flowers, and fishing. I love fishing.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Inkeri began to groom him, and he had to suppress a shiver — to have a wolf's teeth so close! But, he trusted Inkeri, so Lucius merely relaxed into her. Quietly, he murmured, "Anja must be a good leader."

She licked between his ears, and Lucius laughed, moving to give a quick lick to her muzzle, then pulling back with a lopsided grin. She made him bolder. He liked it. "You make me feel better, too, and you are... the kindest I have met yet." Purple eyes examined her face closely for a brief moment, then he looked away.

At her words of fishing, Lucius' ears perked up. "Could you teach me to fish?" Perhaps he could serve their small group with food.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She wound around him, two tone fur with two tone fur, meshed and weaved. At the mention of her sister a sad longing began. She wanted Anja here with them now. Anja is the best for me.

He gazed at her with pretty eyes. Pale, as sweet flowers she loved them. Wildflowers and winsome, days of folly they reminded her.

Her ears slid back. I try. Try. You is kind too. her accent momentarily tripping her up.

She peered outside. I can, but not today. Today she echoed sadly.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Fade? <3

"I'm sorry she's not here with us," the yearling coyote whispered softly. He nuzzled into her neck fur, giving her neck a gentle nibble and a lick. "After the storm, we'll go look for her," he promised.

The prospect of learning to fish excited him, but he nodded as he, too, peered outside. The storm raged on. He yawned, then laid his head on Inkeri's shoulder. "Maybe we can take a nap together?"
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes. I love them. They give me all the feels.

Inkeri smiled, and pushed her nose against him again. Is okay. You are. Thank you. She liked the ministrations on her neck fur, and she chuffed happily.

Naps are always good on weeping days. Inkeri shifted and moved so she was laying against the side of the wall. He was smaller so he could curl up against her and she could possibly curl around him. Keeping them both safe and comfortable.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Me too! I'll archive for us!

Lucius grinned lazily as she agreed to a nap, and he curled up against her, yawning once more. He settled easily beside her, and he sighed deeply as sleep overtook him. For the first time in a long time, he felt safe. It was a wondrous feeling.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)