Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson stumbled into the pack lands the fawn on his back, blood and ichor dripping down his front and back staining his scars a deep dusty red then brown. 

His fur was hardened and his paws tired, but he quickly worked his was to a cache and lowering the food from his back he began to dig.

This would add nice food for them, for the mothers of Mereo pack. He'd clean up after.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Akashingo
NPC
nesting in the thorn bush
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
At two months old, Cornelius wasn't much to look at. He'd scaled up a few inches from his size at birth but that was the only obvious change; he was still bulky, with a pronounced gut that even Germanicus' training couldn't work away.

He had gotten bold since his initial training days began. It hadn't occurred to Cornelius to be careful, or to include his siblings as he went roaming from the den; he felt secure with all eyes on him.

The smell of meat intrigued his senses. He stumbled along with his nose down in the dirt, as if the soil had the answers, and drew up to where the man with the cache was working. He stopped to stare, then barked, and the sound shifted in to a needy whine.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson turned at the soft whine. Dirt mixing in with the gore now turning into a hardened mess. He'd need a bath, god he hated water. He did it cause it was needed, but he was not a fan.

The young pup caught his eye and Reyson froze. Had his face given away his emotions it would have been a cross between please god no and for f***s sake. But it didn't and he wouldn't.

The whine increased in tempo and Reyson dipped his muzzle, voice a deep rumble.

Hungry?

He grasped a piece of the meat, smaller than he would get for himself, but decent size for the youth and lay it at the child's feet. deer
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The serious look on the man did not phase Cornelius. He was accustomed to the stern expressions of his father Germanicus, and even tried to emulate the behaviors of his parents when they were around. The gore covering the man was of some interest to him however — that was a new find, and one that made the boy's belly rumble. The smell of the blood ignited his senses.

Then there came the meat. As the man dropped a piece of it before Cornelius, the boy's focus was entirely upon it. He dove for it; he didn't think to bite at it with his little teeth, but he did shove his face as close as it could get and take a few deep whiffs. He shuffled around the morsel a few times with his head down, huffing the smells that came off of it.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson attempted to lick some of the gore away, but it did nothing. He blew a breath and dipped his muzzle. Children made him nervous and looked around for someone anyone to save him.

A bemused smile traced Reysons face. He shook his head. :: Wait, stop watch:

Reyson grabbed a piece from the cache. Looked up to make sure the pup was watching. He bent, put a paw on it held it down, leaned down bit a chunk and pulled.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The man told him to stop - good luck with that! Cornelius was fixated on the smells and only clustered himself closer to the kill, wanting only to study the strong smells that rolled off of it. Then the man grabbed another piece and Cornelius watched as he pulled it apart.

Nuhh!! He protested. His fur puffed, his tail shot up to stand defiantly where it grew, and he moved as hastily as his fat little legs could manage, to try and grab the piece from Reyson's mouth. What was he doing with the smelly thing! Don't put it in your mouth, no! Its for smelling!!!
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled as the youth continued to snort and sniff at the fawn meat. His rotund body moving as he sniffed. He definitely didn't miss meals, but that was good, meant the pack was healthy.

He was thrown for surprise when the child tried to grab the meat out of his maw. So surprised in fact that he let it drop. You eat it. You don't just smell it, though it smells good. 

Reyson was dumbstruck and unsure what to say, he looked around again. Wishing for someone, anyone to save him. Though what he needed saving from he wasn't sure, but he felt itchy and uncomfortable and the youth. What about the youth? He had done nothing wrong, he just made Reyson so uncomfortable due to his age.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The man corrected him on what to do. Not just smell, like he thought; he said to eat it, and so with a scowl of judgement Cornelius shoved it in his mouth, and as he chewed he realized the man was right.

The more he chewed the better things tasted. He'd stopped his protesting and now ate greedily of what was offered, leaving nothing for the man. Little by little Cornelius ate the entirety of it and when nothing was left but the inedible, he let out a cry (which was at least 85% burp) and struck the ground as if to say, I liked it — another!!
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I am operating under the assumption that he ate the piece offered, not the whole fawn. Lol but if he did by somem iracle i will edit my response just let me know. Heh little glutton butt

Reyson stood back a small smirk on his face at the judgemental stare he was given. If the youth would just try it, he'd probably like it. But perhaps not different, tastes an all that

Reyson nosed at the fawn, pulled another chunk off and lay it at the boys feet. He settled to his rear to watch over the youth as he ate.

See. Tastes as good as it smells
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The piece! My bad I forgot there was a fawn.

The man acquiesced. More meat was placed before him and Cornelius snapped eagerly for it. He was a hungry hungry hippo trying to fit every last marble in his cheeks; this time he didn't even chew the meat, he shoved it in to his mouth and tried to chew the whole thing at once.

It was a slobbery affair. Half the chunk fell from one side of his face and the other half was still too big for him. He managed to spit up some of it and spent a few seconds struggling to swallow. When nothing was left except some stain to the ground, Cornelius licked at the dirt.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stared in horror at each chew, then there were no chews. The meat was falling out of his jaws. The stringy pieces all over the place, Reyson stood, and took a paw step back, his horror increasing.

Then he moved nimbly forward as the child started to choke, but he managed to swallow and then he's licking at the dirt? Did they not feed their young. No, the youth was just a glutton, but he wasn't Reyson's problem. So Reyson ripped another piece off a more manageable chunk and lay it down. He then however, pulled the fawn back to the cache and began to bury it.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
A few seconds after he finished his meal, and having found nothing else to consume, Cornelius grew bored and turned away. He began to stalk away from the adult and towards a place to sleep instead; the many mouthfuls had filled his belly and now he was uncomfortably full, hot, and sluggish.

He only got a few steps before he began to cough, and after a few loud eruptions of this, coughed up a piece of meat that had not been chewed enough. It tumbled sloppily against the earth. Cornelius licked his lips and waited for the sensations to pass by, then set upon this small half-chewed piece with renewed fervor.

When it was eaten, the boy bumbled along again - his rounded gut dragging slightly in the dirt.