Lion Head Mesa tungsten
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
All Welcome 
"what is your name?" tavina asked of @Raimo. @Jakoul was here too, somewhere close.

the three were inside the mesa, at the wellspring. she had encouraged the man to get into the water, searching him for any lingering signs of heat-sickness. "and what is yours?" she asked the woman.
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He had been led underground. The travel did not sit well in his mind and so when he came-to, properly, he was in a pool of water and did not know how he had come to be there.

There were still two shadows with him. The one that spoke asked for his name and, in a begruding manner, he answered: Raimo. His throat felt raw and his tongue heavy, so he dipped his head towards the water's surface and began to drink.

There was an herbal taste to the water he did not like, so he stopped and sank a bit beneath the rippling edge of it, for a crocodilian float.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She stayed to shadows, trailing and weaving.

Cooled by the stone's at night before she was set ablaze every morning. Today they visited water and still she found herself...sheepish. Uncertain if she trusted the source even as the swarth man dipped into the depths. Still she looked upon the man with a heavy gaze.

Could it be?

Jakoul, She crooned lowly, slinking around the water in a circle before testing it with her toes.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"raimo. jakoul. tavina." she introduced them again, brusquely. "i think you, raimo, need at least another couple of weeks to recover. do either of you have a pack where you're returning, or just each other?"

she turned to look at him again, away from pretty prowling jakoul.
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The healer had solutions. Behind him (beside him?) Raimo heard water plink as something dropped in to it, and a faint voice; he had never heard the name Jakoul before.

He did not have the energy to look around, or the awareness to try, and sank in to himself. The man wouldn't be going anywhere for a while.

I have nothing, he rasps.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her gaze turned heavy to Tavina.

Jakoul was not sure what she searched for in the woman. Perhaps knowledge, perhaps a familiar face. Perhaps some tidbit that made the feral woman feel whole.

She returned to the water silent, paddling in deeper and deeper.

Jakoul had lost everything long, long ago.

She did not know a piece of it resided in these sandy lands.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"well then. you should stay. it's not a bad place, and if either of you have skills, they can be put to use here."

the woman's cool beauty might be a curse in these ramesses-infested corridors. 

the sesh kept that to herself. "i'm going to put you both by the wellspring. i want daily soaks for you, raimo." her voice invited no sass.
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was in and out of focus.

What is this place? If Raimo had been told its name he had forgotten it; he spoke dreamily now, and maybe repeated his questions in a distant tone, forgetting in the moments in-between what he was thinking or why, except he had many questions.

They cast me out; I forget, yesterday, or if it was... full moon? No, a frown, and he recites some bit of poetry from when he was a child, but not loudly, and moves on again to ask, This place is... Dark, but better. The last one was hot...

He made no sense.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
The man was disjointed.

Now submerged up to her chin, she shifted silver eyes over the surface of the water. Fixed upon the woman named Tavina.

Jakoul did not move to soothe the man despite having arrived with him, she did not budge from her near swamp witch like position.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
they were a weird pair, she decided.

"this is akashingo. you are under the care of myself, tavina. ramesses is pharaoh here."

her voice was patient.
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He smiles when the woman speaks. Tavina, the little deer.

A piece of knowledge floating to the forefront of his mind, as if this is nothing more than trivia night. Raimo sighs and sprawls, his breathing more even now than it had been before.

The stone floor is cool here. He basks, and dozes soon after.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Finally, when the dark beast slumbered, Jakoul pulled herself from the depths. Gaze heavier now as it flickered between man and woman.

There were no words the feral inkling could say that would fit such a complex scenario.

Instead her gaze only found the face of Tavina once more. The last words of Raimo hung heavy in the dry air.

Little deer? She hummed, gravelly and low.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
she smiled, shook her head. "maybe he knows more about my name than i do."

curious.

"unless either of you need anything, i'm going to leave you now." she looked at the man, then the woman.
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Jakoul did not understand the woman.

She wished to.

Yet now it was time to go and Jakoul would find herself alone with the slumbering man. Any who neared him might find her teeth of warning or a pinched gaze upon them.

None but Little Deer would be trusted for now.