Ouroboros Spine Black Squirrel II
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Mojag hiked his way back up to the village. It took him a while given his age. He carried the squirrel with him that Rodyn had caught for him he had masterfully tracked down and caught with his immense skill, sharp reaction time, and inherent prowess born of him from his hunter parents. Yes. That's exactly how that happened.

When he crossed in to the territory he did not even think about the late hour; all that was on Mojag's mind was finding @Shikoba so that he could show off  his prize. It hung like a pennant which he brandished proudly. He marched across the invisible line and in to the heart of home, trying to suss out where his anaa had gone.

Of course, it never entered his mind that Shikoba might be besides herself with worry, given that he'd slipped away from Moonglow without any warning or proper supervision.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
And hanging between her own jaws was a strip of leather, worn by puppy teeth of her own and her siblings. She had hopes of trading it with her mother for something new.

However she stumbled upon none other than Mojag first.

He had something worth far more than the leather strip in her mouth and she briefly dropped it in wonder. Looking at him with a wide amber gaze, before she bounded over to his side. Oblivious to his quest for his mother.

Mo hunter now!?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Her mother wasn't to be found, which was frustrating to Mojag but otherwise alright. He was used to being left alone for long periods of time because Shikoba had many duties; he did not resent her for any of the work she did (and in fact, was very proud). Besides, there were other children to play with, somewhere.

Speak of the devil —!

Callyope came upon him first. She had her own prize, which dropped promptly to her feet when she laid eyes upon Mojag's squirrel. The boy's tail beat madly at his rear, almost enough for his hips to sway.

YHHh! He shouted; thankfully, his mouth was full. He didn't want to put down the squirrel in case it got dirty or something, or if he misplaced it (as he had a habit of zipping from task to task, game to game, and leaving quite a mess behind).

Ehms mhh shhrll! He tried to say around the limp body of the creature.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She laughed, thrilled and overstimulated by his own excitement. Own tail beginning a whipping pattern as he mumbled words around the creature that she could not understand.

I dunno what Mo is saying! She fumbled out the clumsy common words through laughter. She nearly stumbled over her own paws in all of their shared energy.

Where hunt it?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Her laughter spawned his own, and he began to walk alongside her on the hunt for his mother, but Mojag's full focus was now on Callyope instead. He wanted to talk about the event because it had just happened — or near enough, give or take a few hours — so he utilized some quick thinking and draped the squirrel over her shoulders like a mink stole.

The head of the squirrel was especially limp after having its neck snapped, and then Mojag's jovial attempt to carry it to the village proper. At least it wouldn't fall on the ground! He licked his lips because the squirrel's hair had tickled them.

I went down the — oh, he didn't have the word for mountain on standby, oops! — the, that way, cue a hasty motion down the hill, and there was a man! He ask me to help him. He said, 'Mojay, come here, let me show you!' The boy assumed a voice that would represent Rodyn but wasn't at all similar in hindsight.

It was fast! Like when we play tag. He gave her a 'woahhh' expression which morphed in to a big smile.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She did not know why, but there was sudden pride in having his hunt draped along her shoulders. She felt much like @Kukutux in that moment. A grand woman, given such a noble hunt.

She wondered if Mojag would let her tend to the fur. Would anaa help her with such a task?

Her ears swiveled with his words, hooked on each detail. A man had shown him how to hunt! She found awe in this too. He seemed like a true hunter now! She wondered which man had been his hunt leader.

Will Mo show me his hunts now? I can give furs! From the hunts, but she poorly communicated this. Her own excitement bubbling over and building, nearly causing a stumble here and there.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mojag thought that Callyope looked very good with the squirrel scarf, and some of his covetous behavior shifted subtly from his hunted prize to her, in some imperceptible way.

You can do that? He answered with awe in his tone.

I bring you hunts!!! I bring you lots of hunts. But he thought of his mother suddenly, too, and the squirrel, and how important it was to show Shikoba. Maybe it would be better after Callyope fixed it up?

Can you make this? He didn't phrase his question well but Mojag's hope was heavy in his voice. We can show my anaa after!
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
I can, I can! She beamed brightly, her tail waved and she had a sudden prance for her gait. Akin to an over excited horse in a wide open plain.

I make very pretty for your anaa. She confessed in a delighted whisper. Thrilled to be given this task and trusted to it! She could not soothe the excitement that coursed through her like a live wire.

Thank, Mo. Mumbled as she sought to push her face into his earthen nape.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She agreed! Today was a good day for Mojag; he hand hunted well, and now he had found a trade that would make his mother happy and his friend too. Callyope sounded pleased by the arrangement.

The girl burrowed in to his fur and he laughed, but he welcomed the physicality as well. Mojag had always been a very affectionate child and had not been taught many boundaries.

I'll walk with you, he said, although they had been doing that for a while already.

Callyope probably had other duties, or lessons, or games, to fill her days. Mojag should not have expected her to work on it immediately but he was singularly focused as they neared the women's spaces, where Kukutux often toiled away.

I'll find you after? Or --!! You find me? It made more sense for Callyope to hunt him down whenever the pelt was ready; Mojag did not know how long it might take.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She already considered how it may look, the careful work it would need tending to.

She trusted anaa to walk her through it all. She trusted to be taught further the fine art of trades. The young girl found herself alight with excitement.

I find Mo when done, She told him, tail whipping behind her. I bring to Mo and Mo show his anaa. Show his anaa he good hunter and that Callyope good fur maker!

Suddenly she bubbled with laughter, giddy as she leaned into him for support on their shortening path.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They crowded one another as they marched; Callyope looked like she was off to the cinema in her finest furs, while Mojag tried to match her every stride, making a game of it.

Soon they were at the ulax. Mojag wanted to be surprised as well, so he let the stepping game fade from his mind, and looked with a grin upon his friend.

I bet you make the best furs! He declared, and waved his tail high behind him. Maybe I go hunt more? Then you can make more too!

He couldn't wait, and was bounding back down the hill; Mojag wouldn't manage another good hunt for a while, but he didn't know that.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
fading <3

You hunt. Bring to me. I make you all the furs. She decided as her tail whipped back and forth.

I go now. Get to work. She leaned against Mo for a long moment before she'd bounce away. Kukutux would know best how to work her through this process.

"inuktitut" || "common"