Redsand Canyon So take the good stuff, honey
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
wasn't sure if I should make this joining or not! set for present-ish, but happens right after the other thread <3

It was late by the time Tierra staggered to the border of Mereo, @Sybol still draped motionless across her. There'd been a few times when she'd wanted to take a break but she knew if she stopped, there was no way she was getting him back up. He was still breathing, it felt like, but after the length she'd traveled he was also heavy.

Tierra howled mostly for @Aquene or @Kallik, then sank down carefully onto her haunches and stayed where she was, panting. He was also hot. Not in the bangable way (maybe he was cute, but he was also dumb, so like... she wasn't about that right now) but in the 'dont need a blanket in June kind of way'. Would rolling him off hurt him more though? And what were they even going to be able to do that could help? Plus, would Germanicus even, like, want him here?

When Towhee told her to see about recruiting, Tierra was wildly aware that this wasn't what her mom had meant. But that still didn't change the fact that she just couldn't just leave him there either.
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The call was enough to stir Aquene from the light sleep she had settled in for. She yawned softly, stretching her limbs out as she ran a lick over @Nanuq and @Siku’s heads, urging them along so they could stay with @Towhee while she answered the call, knowing that her husband was likely to answer the call with her, both because Tierra had called for him as well but also because she would be treading near the borders and he had a penchant for being incredibly overprotective.

It was not long before she was moving towards the borders to investigate. Her eyes widened at the motionless figure that was with Tierra. “What happened?” She asked as she moved forward, sniffing for any sign of infection of sickness.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
It was late, so that meant it was close to time to return to the den with his family. He had spent a little longer than usual on his evening patrols since the twins had been born, his need to protect them riding him hard. He wouldn't be able to rest easy if he didn't take the extra time to make sure everything seemed normal and safe before turning in. 

The call from the borders made him freeze; they had also called for his wife, which irritated him. He knew she had an important role in Mereo, but that didn't mean he would ever like her meeting anyone at the borders. He knew he couldn't demand that from her, though, so he kept those feelings to himself. 

When he arrived, he recognized the woman as Tierra, but there was a man with her that he didn't know. He lay unconscious next to the woman. Kallik came to stand beside Aquene, his gaze cold and appraising. He wondered what kind of trouble she had brought to their borders. He knew his wife had likely already asked what happened, so he remained a silent guard at her side, muscles tensed and ready.
Inuttuk
Common
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra knew that Aquene had just had kids but her only thought was how relieved she was to see the healer coming. She didn't know a thing about what it took to take care of pups.

Okay, so, I met this guy and he wasn't looking so good, and he said he hit his head, but then he just passed out like that. And I wasn't sure what to do because no one else was around, and if I just left him there, I figured he'd probably, y'know. Die. So I brought him back and I thought maybe you could help? She could carry him, or whatever, if that was a problem. She was honestly a little anxious they'd say no. Now that she'd made it all the way here with him, she felt weirdly protective, and she wasn't sure what she'd do if they told her to leave him.

She watched, her eyes drifting to Kallik, both hopeful and a little apprehensive. She hadn't spoken much with him but he seemed a lot like Germanicus. She still hadn't figured out if that was a good thing to be.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She was not there for long before Tierra was diving into her story. Aquene hadn’t even been super aware of Kallik’s arrival though she felt it in the comforting feeling that shot down her spine to know that her fiercest protector was so close. He’d hit his head? She frowned softly, a sigh breaking her lips as a hint of sadness crossed her features. “I can try, but head injuries are unpredictable.” It was better to be honest with her, so she could prepare for the worst.

“It depends on how bad it was… there isn’t much that can be done other than giving him some herbs to try and help and waiting to see if it’s enough. Other parts of the body are easier to heal but the brain is such a dangerous thing to mess with. Some wolves pass out and never wake up... starve to death. Others die on their own... some wake up but are never the same again.” It was even more foreboding with the fact that he was unconscious. “Love, can you help her carry him to the tablinum? I can work out of there. Towhee has the kids with her.” That way he knew where their children were. The tablinum was also far enough away from the dens to make her feel safe bringing him into Mereo. “It wouldn’t be a bad idea to position a guard just in case… head injuries can make even the tamest of wolves murderous.” She knew that was the last thing that he would want to hear… but it was the truth.

And she didn’t even know if this man wasn’t  murderous to start with.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
So this was some random man that Tierra had found. She didn't even know if he was good or not. Kallik didn't like this at all. He could be dangerous and he would be a drain on their resources. It might be a cruel way to think, but someone had to think about it. Aquene was a bleeding heart, and he knew she couldn't sit back and not help an injured wolf. But this was going too far. 

He only grew more uneasy when his wife told Tierra that head wounds were unpredictable and this stranger would need a guard while he healed. 

But Aquene was planning to bring him to the tablinum. She asked if he would help carry the man there. Kallik shook his head. No, he said. We know nothing about this man. He could be dangerous and I don't want him near you or the kids. He usually let Aquene do her thing regardless of his reservations. But this is where he drew the line. Not to mention he didn't know if he could trust Tierra's judgement yet, so that was only more reason not to let this man stay in Mereo.
Inuttuk
Common
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra was still wearing him a bit like a cape and gathered her paws under her to stand, carefully, when Aquene told her where they'd go.  Most of his weight was on her back, one foreleg along either shoulder, and his head hung alongside her neck.  She'd be able to move way faster with Kallik helping her not to overbalance.  It might have been a funny picture if what she said wasn't so ominous.  He'd seemed nice enough, if a little weird.  She really did hope he didn't die.

I can help guard.  When I don't have, like, other stuff to go do.  It would be boring but it would also let her ditch on some of the less fun activities, and besides, he'd been halfway interesting to talk to.  Way less stick up butt, so if he did wake up, she might even get a better talk out of it than she would with about anyone else her age here.  He couldn't really even move, before, so I don't think he'd be able to do anything if he wanted to.

Kallik said no, though. Most of that was directed at him, arguing why it wasn't a big deal and why he should change his mind. Tierra could totally take him if it came down to it.

What else was she going to do with him? She didn't know. She could always try helping herself but she had no clue where to even start. She hoped Aquene was on her side and waited, breath held, to see what she said.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol heard voices. Were they talking about him? His tail attempted a thump and he tried to open his eyes and introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Sybol." Unfortunately all he was able to get out was "Sybol."  He felt like he was on fire. He realized then, he had been moved, by one person, and he was still on that person. He ungracefully rolled off her with a muffled "Thanks." and "Sorry." 

Forgetting his broken ankle and rib he attempted to stand and introduce himself but a single yelp at the bearing of weight and blackness overtook him again.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Everything was going well in her mind… Tierra could help guard. She had to assume the woman would be responsible for finding his food as well given that she dragged his half alive carcass over the borders to begin with… until her husband’s voice broke the air and she turned to say something. The words died as she heard an unfamiliar voice, a thump and a yelp and her attention went back to her patient. Sybol. At least there was a name… but he was unconscious again so she didn’t have a chance to ask about it. She had caught the way he collapsed, and immediately moved back over to the once again unconscious wolf.

Her paw pushing against his ankle told her all she needed to know there. “He has a broken ankle, Kallik. Turning him away now is a death sentence and I won’t condemn him so you can help her carry him to the tablinum or I’ll do it myself.” She leveled her gaze with her husband, fully in her healing mindset. “He showed no signs of aggression when he did wake up and the tablinum is far from our den… with a guard, it will be fine.” Besides, if she really needed to, she could keep him strung out on pain meds that would make him too loopy to snap his teeth in the right direction.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Tierra tried to vouch for the stranger and offer herself as a guard, but that did little to sway the over-protective soldier. He still didn't like any of this one bit. This was not a place for strays to heal; it was a military outpost. Though, they had drifted farther from that title the longer they were here. 

The man seemed to resume consciousness but only briefly. Enough time to offer a name, his thanks, and his apology. Then he was out again, crumpling to the ground from his injured leg. 

Aquene pushed back, refusing to accept his decision. She was worried he would die if left alone, and he wanted to remind her that it wasn't their problem. It was cold, he knew, but it was necessary. As a healer, she wasn't able to see past helping an injured wolf, and he understood that. But this was dangerous. And then she said something she knew he wouldn't allow—that she would carry the man if he didn't. He didn't care that the man hadn't shown signs of aggression, it had only been seconds that he was awake. There was no way to know if he was playing them or not. 

But it seemed he would be forced to do something he didn't agree with. He wasn't about to let his wife carry the injured stranger; he wanted her as far away from him as possible. Dammit, Aquene, he said after a moment. He was obviously furious about this. He released an angry sigh but moved to the man anyway. It would be easier for him to carry the weight alone then try to coordinate movements with Tierra. So he lowered himself and slipped his head under that unconscious man, scooting him to his shoulders before thrusting him onto his back. He would offer only a disgruntled look to his wife before moving over the borders, towards the tablinum.
Inuttuk
Common
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra felt him move, but before she could get out more than a Don- he was sliding off. It had taken some doing to get him picked up and when he immediately passed out again she let out a small noise of frustration. Fortunately for her, Kallik seemed willing to do the lifting once Aquene had pushed him into doing it.

She hadn't noticed his ankle or really any of his other injuries - the only thing she'd remembered, from what he'd said when she found him, was that he hit his head. Something about an ocean? Whatever that meant. But she was thankful that she hadn't carried him here for nothing and wasn't going to have to sort out what to do herself. She could handle Kallik being unhappy. It wasn't like it was a big deal anyway.

Tierra brought up the rear and would likely hover curiously by for a while if the healer did her work. She didn't know a thing about it but if she was going to be on guard duty, she was definitely eavesdropping at the same time. She was less interested in the application of the healing and more interested in the dynamic between the healer and her husband, as well as anything she might be able to get out of the stranger if he woke up again. She wouldn't crowd, but she wasn't exactly subtle about it either.

can be my last! if you turn this into a healer thread, feel free to skip me, otherwise feel free to wrap <3
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Going to go ahead and close this thread up. He's awake in the other thread!
 Sybol hadn't a clue the ruckus his arrival had made. He had finally slipped into a dreamless blackness of unconsciousness, at the mercy of strangers.