Lion Head Mesa Winds of Change
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Makono? <3

Siptah had been seeing less and less of his sisters, and they were all growing apart. Satsu's death had not helped. The young Prince came to Makono's bedchamber, and he cleared his throat quietly. "Makono... Walk with me?" He would take them out of the tunnels and up onto the mesa, should she agree.
Physical Health (100/100)

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

Siptah is grieving the loss of his mother.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
anybody else had been sent away with a moody look.

today, makono briefly sulked. she examined crushed lavender petals on the furs of her bed. she thought of many things and nothing, all at once. she deeply inhaled the crushed flower. rolling onto her side as her nose remained hovered over the small floral pile.

"makono...walk with me?"

lapis gaze meeting icy blues. half a mind to usher him off, half a mind wondering why he didn't have better things to do than bother her.

but she rose, silent and following. smelling of the lavender she had so eagerly crushed upon her bed.
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Siptah barely knew either of his sisters ā€” he had not spent very much time with them. The silence between them was awkward, at least to him, and once they were in the open air, he broke it. "How have you been, since...?" He didn't want to finish. He thought it a foolish question, and wished he hadn't asked it. Even so, he looked at her expectantly, awaiting an answer, for he didn't know what else to talk about.

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
he looked at her and she harshly looked away.

such a stupid question, she thought. it raked at the fresh wounds of her young heart, it dared to tumble down the walls that she had been given lessons to build.

her gaze remained away from him.

as expected, a scape answer. you?

she did not know what she expected.
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
She would not look at him. The Prince sighed softly, frowning, and was it just him, or were her words almost... cold? He felt anger prickle within him, but he pushed it down. Taking a deep breath, he told her honestly, "It's hard, but... I visit her every day. I pray, and... and I grieve." He shifted then, so she would have to look at him. "Have you been to see her?"

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
something ugly dared to bubble in her chest, she hushed it. tried to soften her own anxiety as he dared to position himself so she must look at him.

i have. i have even lead prayers to osiris with father.

she wondered if this was his attempt to challenge her, to think that she did not care as deeply as he did. disgust built in her mouth as she kept her face composed.
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Siptah didn't notice his sister's displeasure, and he hadn't meant any harm. He was happy with her response, and he smiled slightly. "Good, I'm glad to hear that." Then, "What else have you been doing? Have you met the soldiers yet?" Really, he just wanted to catch up. He didn't know how much time they would have together, so he wanted to make it matter while he could.

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
now this, she could discuss. a new softness found her. excitement, perhaps.

i met the big one. glaukos, she drew his name out, lips briefly curled before they dropped down. he will be my personal guard to mereo. this said in the tone of a woman gossiping over tea.

what would her brother make of it?
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Siptah's eyes widened at Makono's words. "You're... you're going to Mereo? When?" And why, he wanted to ask, but he knew better. Would she come back? "Is Ash going with you?" Siptah wondered how it might be, to have both siblings away from Akashingo.

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
when we are ready for visitors, she told him, composed despite the soft prickle in her at the mention of her sister. she loved her deeply, but this was not a front on which she wished for her company or competition.

and no. she will probably go to brecheliant. i wanted to go to mereo and father approved.

need she say anymore?
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
This was all news for Siptah. His brow wrinkled, and he gave a quiet sigh before nodding. Both of his sisters were leaving. He supposed it didn't really matter ā€” he would be staying here, and learning more how to be an eventual Pharaoh. Quietly, he said, "I'll miss you." Would she miss him?

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
"i'll miss you."

and she could not explain why, but she had not expected to hear it. as if he might shut her out with grief or frustration. or perhaps she had projected ā€” for she found her throat too tight to say the words back, mind too rattled.

i doubt it will be long, unable to reciprocate and instead she sought to soothe him. maybe we can do something before i go.
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Siptah did not quite know what else to say. He just nodded, albeit a bit numbly, and he scored his claws against the redstone floor. "Sure," he murmured, glancing away. "We can do whatever you'd like." They'd not exactly had the chance to do anything fun yet, so he wondered what she might offer.

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
wanna fade and get something new? :D

i'll think on it, and she meant it, lips briefly curling for a timid smile.

silently, she leaned to bounce their shoulders against each other. content to continue their walk wherever her brother may lead them.
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
Yes please! I'm actually going to get a hunting thread started soon <3

Siptah had nothing elaborate planned ā€” just a walk to the top of the mesa, where they could relax together and simply talk. It would be a good day, away from the hustle and bustle, and it would be nice to skip their classes for once. When they would return, Siptah found himself feeling closer to Makono, which had been his plan all along. Better to know her now, before she left.

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)