Ravensblood Forest I can fly too
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara had just found out that both Vale and Violante had gone out hunting on their own with their dad and she was mad. She hadn't even gotten the chance to try! Her mom said to be patient! She was bounding out of the tunnels as fast as her body would take her, straight to the berry bushes that she had been watching over the past week. Mom showed her one spot so she knew what to look for. Since then she had found all kinds of berry bushes throughout their territory. She knew the smell of birds well enough, and she had even gotten better at not startling them away. She had one thing in mind this time though. She was going to get one.

Her run from the caverns led her south, around the pond. She knew better than to even try to cross the river without supervision. Once she made it free of the water and into the forest she ran straight to her spot. She grew disappointed as she grew closer and the scents of birds fainter. She picked up the scent and followed it elsewhere. It led her to the sun rock where she could see a flock resting atop. She watched and waited. She moved her way around the circle, staying in the denser forest, trying not to give way her position.

The small female creeped low on her belly towards the large boulder, it was a long crawl, but with a prize right in front of her she had no complaints whatsoever. As she drew closer one of the birds began to shift anxiously, and she paused, flattening herself to the ground instinctively, waiting for them to calm again. When she resumed her crawl is was with renewed vigor. She closed in faster and faster until she was running and with a pounce and wings flapping and a crunch of bone in her mouth she shook her prize repeatedly until it stopped fighting her. 

Her tail held high she briefly set her prize down to howl triumphantly. Then, smug as only a pup after their first hunt could be, she settled atop the sun rock where she rest in a pile of feathers, and settled in to enjoy her prize.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
It was now Vale's job to ensure his sister and cousin didn't wander. When he found Asara's trail, he followed it, from a clump of berry bushes towards the sunrock; this is when he heard her triumphant howl. He found her with a kill, on top, and he eyed it. "You caught that? Good job!" His tail waved, and he grinned at his sister. He wanted to boast about his own kill, but refrained — this was her spotlight, not his.
Physical Health (100/100)

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Yeah! Everyone keeps saying I'm not patient enough, and it's super annoying. I've been working up to it on my own. Dad took you and Vi hunting, and you both caught something, I know it. But I never got to catch anything, only mom took me and she wouldn't even let us try." Even though she was only younger by minutes, she loved her big brother. He was bigger and stronger, and he was always nice to her. Violante had gotten a lot nicer since they'd been able to leave the den on their own, but the two girls still butt heads a lot.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale grinned sheepishly and he scuffed his paws in the dirt, telling his sister, "Well, now you can show mom and dad that you can catch things, and maybe they'll take you hunting more." Though, it would be nice for the entire family to hunt. He continued, saying, "I caught a rabbit — or, was it a hare? I don't know. But... well, it was really fun." Vale grinned again, ducking his head. Nodding to her kill, he said, "Eat that, before it gets cold."

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"I don't need them to take me hunting, I can do it myself. You can come too if you want." Asara would be happy to have her brother along, but she was done waiting around for her parents to take her to do things. She knew she had to stay within Sacrarium's border, and Vale would be able to help her with that. It would be perfect! 

"Vale! I have an idea! We could make a really good hunting team. If you're good with ground stuff and I'm good with stuff that flys. I'm fastest, but you know the land better and where the borders are. I don't wanna wait for mom and dad to take me to do things anymore." 

Taking her brother's advice she dug back into her kill. She tore a wing off and tossed it to Vale, she didn't mind sharing. There was plenty of birds in the forest, and if she had it her way, she'd hunt until there was nothing left.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale pondered hunting with just Asara, and he sighed slightly, fidgeting as he said, "Well... I dunno, we should at least ask mom and dad if it's okay." He frowned, thinking, and he said slowly, "Maybe... if we tell them exactly where we're hunting... and we promise to not wander... and we go together, then maybe they'll let us." Vale sighed again, frowning deeper. "But, we can't just do what we want, Asara, it's dangerous. We aren't strong enough to defend ourselves if a trespasser gets in and finds us." His parents had made the dangers plain to him.

Then, he smiled. "If they say yes, then we can go hunting whenever you want. Maybe if they say no, we can convince Noir to stay nearby. They'll have to say yes, then." Vale happily took the wing offered to him, and he dug in. He found he didn't quite like the feathers, so he started to rip them out, spitting them on the ground. "Not much meat on birds," he noted with a snicker.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara grumbled through a mouthful. "I guess we can ask mom and dad, but I still need to learn how to hunt somehow you know, and I'm not gonna wait around forever when I can practice on my own." She told her brother. She knew he was all about rule following, but it wasn't like he could do anything to stop her.

"I'm not stupid, I'll call for help, I won't go too far from home if I can help it. I just don't know the border as well, that's all. I'm done! I'm gonna bring some feathers home, can you come with me to show everyone?" Without bothering to wait for an answer, she had a mouthful of feathers, and a tail held higher than ever before- and jumped from the sun rock where she landed on the soft forgiving grass on her four paws. She ran at full speed, towards the river, where she would skirt around it and to the caverns that were their home where she would proudly present her trophies to her pack, and, with any luck, her brother would tell of how he came upon her and her first kill.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Asara was stubborn. Vale heaved a quiet sigh, and once they had finished eating, they began their way back to the dens. He was happy for her, even if it didn't quite show in this moment. He was trying so hard to make sure everyone was safe, and no one got into trouble again, but sometimes it felt like his sisters and cousins didn't care about their safety. He sighed again, then picked up his pace. "Who do you wanna show first?"

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Mom, Dad, and Vi." Asara mumbled through her mouthful of feathers. She would search the tunnels first. Hoping to find @Violante, @Vagabond or @Violante II. Her legs were dew dampened by the forest and her quick pace had her slipping about the tunnels this way and that and she mumbled out, "Hello, anyone home?" She hoped Vale was having better luck.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
As it turned out, Vale was not having any luck. The tunnels seemed to be deserted, and he pressed further than his sister, right into the sunroom. "Asara!" he called out, his voice echoing through the halls. "I don't think anyone is here..." And that was rare.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Growling through her mouthful of feathers Asara told Vale, "You're gonna tell everyone all about it, right? Ima just spread them all over." She began dropping feathers one by one throughout the tunnels leaving a trail, if she hadn't eaten the bones too, she would've left the carcass in their family's sleeping quarters, but oh well. Once she was finished she headed outside the den for a languid stretch and curled up for a much deserved nap.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
"I'll tell everyone," Vale promised, his tail raising and wagging softly behind him. He was genuinely proud of Asara, and knew his family would be too, once they returned. He would steal one feather, to sneakily place in Asara's bed, so she might have the trinket to remember her first kill. After that, he, too, went to take a nap.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.