Redtail Rise we don't know where it came from but it's attracting a lot of cats
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Private 
Aventus lifted his head from his paws for the thirteenth time that afternoon to survey @Ancelin and @Atreus for any sign of distress.

Most of his time was spent hunting. He was starting to develop some skill in stalking hares and marmots in the high conifer forests, and once he managed to kill a badger in the lower woods. There were more mouths to feed than just his own here, necessitating a great amount of time spent on a task he previously found unenjoyable; Arielle relied on him, and their sons relied on her.

He was beginning to find solace in the sharpened focus and patience that hunting required. He was even beginning to savour it. Occasionally he was called to his other primary duty, which he savoured even more, although he could not admit it to himself just yet.

Arielle was out tending to her needs, as she did several times a day, so it was Aves' turn to watch the boys. They were so tiny and helpless, and yet, so much bigger and more active than their first day earthside. Whether it was because they truly grew like weeds or because he spent less time with them than his mate, they seemed to change by the hour.

It was terrifying, and he was fascinated.

As if to test their senses alongside their growth, he reached out his paw, hesitated, then roughly tapped the nearest pup on the back.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His father’s gentle prod roused Atreus from a sound sleep. He gnashed his gummy mouth, letting out a low rumble of displeasure. He began to squirm and twitch, flopping himself from his side to his belly. His legs wouldn’t hold his weight properly yet, though they were strong enough that the newborn could scoot.

He scooted aggressively, coming for his father with an indignant growl that sounded very much like an angry, buzzing bee or perhaps a long, whiny fart.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Pledged
Bearclaw
417 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin was jostled awake by the burbling baby brother was echoing into the den. atreus pulled away. his sibling remained behind.
his brother raged. ancelin let out an inquisitive chirp and followed, happy to keep a safe distance even though he could not see what was happening, nor hear more than vibrations.
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
The boys did not disappoint. Aventus intently watched every move the disturbed Atreus made, cocking his ears and then letting out an amused huff when he recognized the tiny sounds as growls. If he had much memory of his younger sister, Asperas, he would have recognized the unsettling early proclivity for aggression in his son.

Ancelin was moving now, drawing Aventus' attention from the younger to the older. The boy already reflected all of Arielle's patience and inquisitive disposition, in stark contrast to his littermate, who was all Bearclaw. The thought of that name made his lips quirk toward displeasure and drew his eyes down, where they latched back onto Atreus.

The boy was scooting along a lot faster than Aventus ever would have expected a puppy to crawl. His tiny body hummed with incessant neonatal growls. You think you're tough? Aves challenged, pressing his paw down on the puppy's back to squish him firmly but harmlessly against the floor.

He thought of it as playful; his wife would not likely agree if she caught him in the act.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Something touched his back again. It was heavy and soft, pressing him into stillness. Atreus now sounded like an entire hive of angry bees as he found himself unable to move. He squirmed much more intensely now, to no avail. He attempted to perform an alligator roll but it was impossible with the weight pinning him in place.

There was only one defense mechanism left to the neonate: he defiantly pissed and shat himself.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Pledged
Bearclaw
417 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin bobbled his head. sight and hearing might still evade him, but smell did not. the child, who had bumped up behind his brother at this point, was unfortunately splashed in the milkfed butt-stew. 
the boy was still and rigid and shaken with horror and the overwhelming of tiny senses.
and then ancelin began to shriek, a damned sound that was almost vulturine in its screech.
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Rolling laughter grumbled in Aventus' throat as Atreus struggled beneath his strength. Was this how it felt to be a god? It was empowering to be so much stronger than this tiny being, pressing him to the floor as though he was insignificant. He wished for safety and wellbeing for his sons, but couldn't resist toying with them, pushing away the invading question of whether Merrick had once treated he and his sister this way.

He was smacked with the scent first. In true new dad fashion, Aventus recoiled from the newborns, one defiantly shitting, one covered in shit, and gagged. He knew he would have to clean them up now, and that thought was enough to make him to dramatically heave again, this time splattering the floor (thankfully, away from Atreus and Ancelin) with a mixture of saliva and stomach acid.

Great. He would have to clean that up, too.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
The odor and wetness were unpleasant, though at least the weight on his back disappeared. The young Bearclaw’s head rose slightly, wobbling as he unleashed a tiny phwoar of victory that turned into an exaggarated yawn.

Mouth wide open, he caught a few droplets as his father’s vomit splattered the den floor. Apparently pleased with this offering, his head drooped down to the  ground, careless of the mess as he settled down with a final, triumphant hmph.
Pledged
Bearclaw
417 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the scent assailed his little nostrils. deprived of some senses he might be, but not all. the puppy was quickly growing wet and cold as his father vomited and his brother fell happily calm at last, secure within the trashed den.
ancelin began to scream again, a five-star-car-alarm with a broken volume button.
if atreus wanted the attention, then he himself would get everything else.
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Hope y'all don't mind me concluding here!

So much was happening at once. Aventus felt a pounding in his temples as Ancelin began to scream. With his brows furrowed in frustration, he stepped outside to gulp down some fresh air, then returned to the den and began the slow process of cleaning up the varied messes. Ancelin was ignored for the time being. There were not enough spoons in the world for Aventus to be capable of dealing with shrieking right now. At least Atreus has settled down.

Arielle would return somewhere in the process of him cleaning, likely exasperated by the destruction wrought in her short absence, and Aventus would eventually retreat, cowed by the experience, to nurse his growing headache and steel himself for the next time he would have to be alone with the boys.