Redsand Canyon Copacabana
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Jack was pooped.

Life sure was hard, especially when he had absolutely nothing to do. Even getting his eyes opened wasn’t all that big of a deal, especially when it had been followed by Leona (insert disgusted brother face) sucking on his toes. What a freak… If he’d had the choice, he’d have kept his eyes closed for that nonsense. There was nothing like the shock of finding out your sibling was certifiable.

The boy wiggled against the warmth of his mother for a moment before his legs found momentum and carried him a few feet away. He was wobbly, of course, but he was just learning how to use those honking paws he had. Jack peered down at his feet and barked sharply.
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He was bringing food to Towhee as he'd been doing since his return, making sure that she kept her strength up in order to care for her kids. The squirrel dangled from his jaws as he trotted, and he was about to set it nearby when a quiet but sharp sound caught his attention.

Killer dropped the squirrel and poked just his nose into the den, and when his eyes adjusted to the dim light, he saw Jack Snipe, staring down at his paws.

Hey, little dude, he whispered, unsure who was awake and who was not. He gave the boy a broad grin. What're you up to, huh? Whatcha lookin' at?
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Well, well, well… look at that. A stranger with a big smile. Jack lifted his gaze from his paws and fixed it on the individual who had stuck his head inside their den. The young boy still wasn’t used to how many folks just liked to come over and let themselves in. One day, he would do the same thing to someone else. None of the memories of his early life would exist in his head. 

Jack didn’t really care who might have been sleeping. With a new face in their den, he wanted it to be known that he’d found this one first. This person was his. The young pup yapped again, shaking his head. His large paws plopped forward and he planted himself on his butt right in front of his new friend.
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Hi, he breathed, when the young one had plopped himself directly in front of Killdeer's muzzle. He blew air from his nostrils, ruffling the small downy hairs that coated the boy's fur. Then lapped him gently, running his tongue along the dainty neck and jaw and ear.

He pulled back, then, and laid down, putting his nose upon his paws.

Whatcha doin', Jack? 

That was his name, right? Yeah. Jack and Leona. He smiled again at the boy, although he'd withdrawn from the shadows.
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The kisses that were given were smelly, but gladly accepted. It was a sign that Jack’s new friend was a real keeper. The young pup giggled with delight at the loving touch. Leona would be so jealous when they found out what Jack had got! The boy swelled with pride at Killdeer, ready to show him off to the whole family – my special friend.

When asked what he was doing, Jack tilted his head back and forth.

Hi! I Jack!

The boy’s tail wagged excitedly. He leaned back so that he stood on his hind legs and shakily extended his front paws toward Killdeer. Jack wanted a closer look at those eyes.
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He beamed at the response. I know you are, but what am I? Killdeer teased. He watched the kid rear up, and stiffened a bit, waiting for him to tumble over. Not that he should be overly cautious or protective; pups had to learn from their bumps and bruises.

But gosh, he was so small. . .

What're you doing? he asked again, laughing as the small face hovered close to his own, intent.
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I know you are! Whadam I? I know you are! Whadam I?

Jack parroted the catchy saying back to Killdeer with a bounce forward. His words were roughly strung together at the end, but he liked the sound of it. The boy enjoyed the ways that he had heard visitors speak. All of them were different. Some were more curious. Jack decided he enjoyed the way that Killdeer spoke. It was fun and nothing was better than fun.

I tryna see ya! Jack answered the question with a small yap. His head shook a little. The freckled pup bounded forward again, beneath Killdeer’s chin. You real big. The boy was considering all the ways that they could take over the world.
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He laughed, so hard as to fold down upon himself and place his nose on his paws, hopefully making it easier for Jack's exploration to reach his face. Poke my eyeball out, kid, whatever. He was totally smitten.

You'll be big, too, someday, he promised. Maybe even bigger than me.

He folded his chin over the boy, pulling him tight to his chest. But now, I can give you noogies, Killdeer remarked, and did so at once, ruffling the crown of the pup's head with dogged insistence, until it was tousled and the boy squirmed in his grasp.
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
New friend seemed to think that Jack would grow to be as big, if not bigger than he was. The young pup could hardly comprehend that. He gazed up at Killdeer. There was confusion written upon his face. He didn’t really know how to ask about getting big. He just figured that he could trust what his friend said and one day he would be big enough to do whatever he wanted.

The noogie swept him, surprised and unawares. Jack laughed loudly, kicking his feet at whatever they were touching. The top of his head was ruffled. The boy felt his ears tickle from the sensation. He shook his head again and then gazed up at Killdeer with a grin.

Noogies noogies!

He’d be willing to do that again.
Brecheliant
Family
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
More where that came from, he promised, and really let Jack have it. Finally, he bowled the kid over, gently as he could, but with a real sensation of wrestling.

Still, he peppered kisses along Jack Snipe's crown. One day you'll be as big as me, he promised. And you'll get your revenge.

He whuffed, laughing, and fell upon his belly, playing down with snout upon his paws once more.

Now c'mon. . .come get me!!
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Jack tumbled to his side, paws kicking up into the air with childish giggles and wild eyes. Killdeer was really laying it on with those noogies. The young pup could feel his head itch from the rubbing. He didn’t mind it at all, though. The boy was in heaven. He had all the attention that he could ever need and a new friend who willingly offered it. Jack probably could have been swept away by the older figure, kidnapped for eternity without a care in the world.

When Killdeer invited the boy to counterattack, Jack swiftly rolled over to his feet and leaned forward with his paws stretched out toward his target.

I gonna noogie!

A cry of war, and he charged for the larger figure with a bounce and a wide grin.